[1.0] Doors Expanded - Doors Expansion for RimWorld (6/3/2019)

Started by jecrell, February 28, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

I see what henk means: the link takes those who click it to a particular post further in the thread rather than the first page. However, it's definitely updated if you check the first post.  ;)

I am absolutely in love with these, but just wanted to check because I'm a little too cowardly to try on my own yet: Clutter Doors and Doors Expanded can work without clashing while enabled at the same time, right? I know of course the lock system won't work with these since these are a completely different setup, but I can't find myself ever going back to the vanilla door system after this. Way too many room intrusions happen with visitors, caravans, and other colonists, and I could never find myself without door locks... plus, both mods are just aesthetically pleasing in comparison...  :P

photomike72

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 04, 2018, 06:40:57 AM
I see what henk means: the link takes those who click it to a particular post further in the thread rather than the first page. However, it's definitely updated if you check the first post.  ;)

I am absolutely in love with these, but just wanted to check because I'm a little too cowardly to try on my own yet: Clutter Doors and Doors Expanded can work without clashing while enabled at the same time, right? I know of course the lock system won't work with these since these are a completely different setup, but I can't find myself ever going back to the vanilla door system after this. Way too many room intrusions happen with visitors, caravans, and other colonists, and I could never find myself without door locks... plus, both mods are just aesthetically pleasing in comparison...  :P

I agree with Tenshi~Akari. While I love the mod itself and would definitely like to use these doors, I've come to depend on clutter doors locks.  If these two mods could play nice and maybe patch it so it could utilize the door locks system, I could really use these formidable doors in my infrastructure.

Ruisuki

Just wondering what makes clutter door locks different from the locks mod by avius? For compatibility purposes with this im just wondering why you prefer it?

Kori

The locks mod by Avius also allows unlocking doors so everyone, including prisoners, can pass them.

It would be great if the new doors were compatible.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2018, 01:06:32 PM
Just wondering what makes clutter door locks different from the locks mod by avius? For compatibility purposes with this im just wondering why you prefer it?
Just check out Clutter door locks. Seriously, it is everything I could ever want from a door lock/permission mod, because it also does permissions as well. The only other thing I could think of would be time of day access, but that really isn't too important to me for the time being.

Right now it's the only one of Clutter's mods that I'm using, but in future games I do plan to enable his furniture and possibly the "tech" looking walls. Current game I'm using the natural stone/cave looking walls for my desired aesthetic.

Anyway, with Clutter's locks, you can designate any door, to allow who can access the lock/permission for any colonist/animal/prisoner/guest/whatever. So far from what I've seen in it and my tests, I really couldn't ask for much more out of it. It's fantastic.

If only there was a way to let Clutter's mod turn off the forced graphics of doors, and just let everything else work. Then this would be perfect because right now the mod has the forced change of perspective on the vertical doors, but it only changes the graphics of the 2 vanilla doors (regular and autodoor) and a "blast door" added in from the mod. This means that all other doors added in from other mods (RF - Concrete has "plasteel reinforced concrete doors, among a few others) will look like the original vanilla doors with a different perspective, so it looks weird if you see them side by side. Plus, the issues of trying to run mrofa's Clutter Door mod along with Jecrell's.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2018, 01:06:32 PM

For me, it's not even just about the locks alone as it is the looks...

Quote from: mrofa on February 16, 2016, 02:33:25 PM
Doors Stuff
Doors stuff contain new mechanics for doors and changes vanilia doors to use this mechanics.

[Graphic change]
Vanilia doors aswell reinforced door now uses pseudo 2,5d graphic

I like these graphics very much more than the vanilla door graphics. It feels so right to have 2.5d view for them. I cannot bring myself to part easily with these. :'( Which is mainly why I ask before I take the plunge myself if I ever get to a point w/ getting bored with current colony I'm working on...

Ruisuki

Ah now I see your point man they also look very nice. Hopefully a compatibility patch comes for both mods soon

Given that Crell added jail doors i assume Locks mod will get a compatch too.

jecrell

1.18.0.10 (3/5/18)
==============
- Fixed some irregular door behavior, so now doors can be properly stacked.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Exende

I love the Curtains, if only they work with Clutter doors :(

Harry_Dicks

Jecrell, is it in the realm of possibility that sometime in the not too distant future we could see integration with Clutter Door Stuff for the locking mechanism, or would you ever plan to implement anything of your own, locking door type system?

jecrell

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 05, 2018, 12:45:57 PM
Jecrell, is it in the realm of possibility that sometime in the not too distant future we could see integration with Clutter Door Stuff for the locking mechanism, or would you ever plan to implement anything of your own, locking door type system?

I'll look into it and let you know, but mod compatability is bottom priority, and right now there are more things to fix first.

Also,

***Known issues****
1) Temperature doesn't maintain properly between saves between rooms with expanded doors.
2) Prisoners throw messages about escaping, even though the door closes.

Canute

You don't need a compactibity, if you add your own lock system.
And maybe that prisoner pass prisoner doors :-)

jecrell

1.18.0.11 (3/6/18)
=============
- Prisoners don't try to escape when an Expanded Door opens for others to perform regular jobs any more.

***Known issues****
1) Temperature doesn't maintain properly between saves between rooms with expanded doors.
2) Prisoners throw messages about escaping, even though the door closes. - FIXED
3) Reinstalling an Expanded Door using MinifyEverything causes the door to be stuck permanently open.

Ruisuki

Ser Kitteh

Okay, so Idk why, but I have a "Doors" tab and for some reason only the vanilla single tile door is there whereas all the other expanded doors are in "Structures"? Halp pls.