[1.0] Safely Hidden Away

Started by Uuugggg, March 06, 2018, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uuugggg

Safely Hidden Away

Description:
(This may be outdated; Check Steam for updates)
Your colonies that are in remote locations don't get raided as often. There is an added delay between raids that scales with the travel time to the closest enemy base.

Caravans/visitors as well.

High wealth can cancel out the delay.

Customizable:

Works with old saves, can be removed (there'll be an error resetting the raid timer though)

Download
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1322196379
GitHub release: https://github.com/alextd/RimWorld-SafelyHiddenAway/releases

Umbreon117

Ooo that's nice. I am definitely using this for my next colony, but can it be used in an ongoing colony? Too built up with the current one to just drop it.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Harry_Dicks

FUCK YES! Dude, I'm not trying to suck up to you or anything, but holy hell YOU'RE ON FIRE!!!

I almost ALWAYS build a colony way far away from everyone else. Thanks to RF - Faction Control, I have only 5 factions in the game, and they are always clustered together. This leaves lots of open space around the world, and it actually looks like the factions are more nations than just randomly spaced around camps.

This is one more FANTASTIC step towards making the world map actually matter! Thank you so much my man!

World maps matter? WMM! WMM! WORLD MAPS MATTER! WORLD MAPS MATTER!

Canute

No wonder you allways NEED the dropship for your traderuns ! :-)
I like to settle on a road between 2-3 faction base, so i can reach them early within 1-2 days. So i don't need special travel food at the beginning.

But still a nice mod for people which don't like much fights and just build their colony.

sirgzu

Does this apply on a per-(hostile-)faction basis?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: sirgzu on March 06, 2018, 01:09:32 PM
Does this apply on a per-(hostile-)faction basis?
I'm not 100% sure of this, but I want to say I remember reading something like: if on the world map, your only close by neighbor is just 1 colony from one faction, and they're your enemy, then the raids you receive will be all the more likely to be from this faction. So I would imagine if you are in some remote location, and there is only 1 enemy faction colony nearby, that most of your raids would already come from them, this being built into the vanilla game.

Again, I'm not even sure if that is completely true, or if it begins to answer your question. But I would love for anyone who is more knowledgeable on the matter to chime in.

Uuugggg

Can be used in old saves, no affect on saves (one error will pop and reset the threat timer)

It only checks the closest hostile of any kind. It'll affect all raids equally, mechanoid, and manhunter packs, since they're all in the "big threat" category. I figure less of all those is fine since the hostile faction distance is really just used to judge how remote you are from everything.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Uuugggg on March 06, 2018, 06:10:14 PM
It only checks the closest hostile of any kind.
Awww. Oh well, this mod still kicks ass. But maybe one day in the future, we could see it working for all nearby colonies.

Hell, maybe Tynan will make the world map actually matter at one point anyway, because I think this could lead to some really great, interesting mechanics.

DiamondBorne

I got an error when iI tried to open mod setting. Help me please.

[HugsLib][ERR] Exception during DoWindowContents: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Safely_Hidden_Away.Settings.DoWindowContents (Rect wrect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Safely_Hidden_Away.Mod.DoSettingsWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Canute

DiamondBorne,
i just installed it to my existing game and no problems.
Be sure you have the latest version of hugslib installed too.

DiamondBorne

I already have the latest Hugslib. I also tried to move it to either lowest or highest in the load order to no avail.

Is there some kind of restriction like too many mods prevent their mod setting to appear? Because It only show error when I try to access that, and I have quite a lot of mods.

*EDIT* Well that's strange. The error only shows up in development mode and will also prevents me from changing anything. But when I disabled thedevelopment mode it works just fine, able to adjusts things and all that.

Canute

Hmmm i play mosttimes with Dev. Mode on.
AHHHHH, i just could reproduce these error (i think).
Did you try to open the Mod setting from the mainmenu ? Because then i get that error too.
But when you open the mod setting after loading a safegame, it work's fine.

Uuugggg

Oh that's right, I added a debug command to view the raid timer for the current map. That'll not work outside of a game.

That'll be fixed. At some point. Not so desperate, yknow. Why do you need settings outside of a game~

DiamondBorne

Ah sorry I didn't clarify that yes, I got an error when I open the mod option from the main menu.

It's just a habit I made, tried to make sure I set everythings right before fully jumping into the game.