Chrome phishing alert on ludeon.com thread

Started by lobosan, March 06, 2018, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobosan

FYI: I am getting a Chrome phishing alert for this page: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15117.0
All other threads I tried worked fine. The URL looks good but HTTPS is struck through ... Could be on my end  :P

I run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Here are the details:
Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on adobeillustratorcs6crack.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

lobosan

PS: my Malwarebytes is also triggered by the link above to the mod thread
[B18] USCM - Aliens VS Marines - All mods

harpo99999

I also see the same message, but use avast, so looks like either the adobeillustrator6crack.com is hosting malware or is infected, it might be a good idea to post in the thread about the issue

lobosan

I reported this thread to the moderators in hopes of them doing something  ;D

Ramsis

I'm not sure why it needed these buttons but I'm going to be looking into either this account being compromised or if not then a possible ban, not sure yet but thank you for bringing this to my attention. Obviously Ludeon and any relative gaming groups aren't big fans of having compromising anything on the forums so being able to nip this quickly before people possibly get hurt is pretty great.

I did cleanse the post btw so its safe to go to the original mod page.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

lobosan

Thanks for cleaning our messes, Ramsis!
BTW: Can we be nice to moders? I need them.  ::)

Bozobub

The links to (supposed) cracks aren't cool, either, malware or not >:(.  But yeah, that sure as heck looks like an account hijack, rather than brazen shenanigans,
Thanks, belgord!

Harry_Dicks

When I click on "Show Posts" on Hiztaar's profile, I get sent to the red screen, which looks like this. Are more of this user's posts compromised?

Hiztaar

It's pretty strange. I changed my password just in case. I don't see why it says that.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods