Is there a way to edit the age of colonists in game? (Dev mode, mods, edit save)

Started by xhwzth1215, March 07, 2018, 05:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xhwzth1215

So can't help noticing that all those fantastic options in dev mod do not contain age editing. How can I edit the colonists' age in the game whenever I want? (Since I hope I can let some key characters live forever in some of my saves).
Anything such as dev mode, mods, and edit saves are more than welcome. Thanks rimworlders!

Canute

Not sure, but i didn't found any.

I would use a good text editor,
backup the safegame,
open the safegame,
Use the text editor search function to search for the pawn's name
and look for a number that's fit his age and change it,
safe the safegame
load it at Rimworld and check it it worked.

xhwzth1215

That's what I've attempted to do, however, the number is not displayed in years but a super long number (ticks?), not sure how to edit it precisely. Plus, can't help but feeling tired editing the save frequently. But still thanks! If you can specify the method of edit save (how to edit the numbers per se), it would be much appreciated.

sick puppy

if you know ahead of time what team of characters you wanna play with, you can use prepare carefully
if it's too late for that, i dont know what to do either

xhwzth1215

Prepare carefully enables editing before games, NOT in game. Is there another mod that enables in game editing?

(Prepare Carefully IG? LOL)

wwWraith

Cryptorestore Caskets can help you to reduce the age. I think I saw some age-related features in other mods but can't remember exactly.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Morak

Quote from: xhwzth1215 on March 07, 2018, 05:21:03 AM
Since I hope I can let some key characters live forever in some of my saves

On steam there is Clone Bay that Adds 3 buildings that allow to revive dead colonists.

swampslug

Quote from: Canute on March 07, 2018, 05:28:29 AM
Not sure, but i didn't found any.

I would use a good text editor,
backup the safegame,
open the safegame,
Use the text editor search function to search for the pawn's name
and look for a number that's fit his age and change it,
safe the safegame
load it at Rimworld and check it it worked.

If you are editing the save files then the pawn's age is <ageBiologicalTicks> and to convert from ticks to years (and vice verse) divide (or multiply) by 3,600,000.
For the chronological age, you need to do <ticksGame> + <gameStartAbsTick> - <birthAbsTicks> then divide by 3,600,000 to get the age in years.

hanna-chan

lance789

Quote from: swampslug on March 09, 2018, 02:42:47 PM
If you are editing the save files then the pawn's age is <ageBiologicalTicks> and to convert from ticks to years (and vice verse) divide (or multiply) by 3,600,000.
For the chronological age, you need to do <ticksGame> + <gameStartAbsTick> - <birthAbsTicks> then divide by 3,600,000 to get the age in years.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!