"Good Will" change during siege does not end attack

Started by butanefireflies, March 07, 2018, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butanefireflies

Circumstances:

A large raid spawned on the map from a faction that was hostile but not pirate / hostile-locked - approval rating was approximately -5. Before the raiders' equipment arrived via drop pod, I contacted the faction on the comm console and offered a bribe to improve relations, which succeeded; I received the good will notification and the faction was listed as a friend, no longer hostile.

What happened:

The raiders on map received their drop pods, built their mortars, and proceeded to mortar-attack my colony.

What I expected to happen:

The raiders would leave

Reproduction:

Dev spawn siege raid until a not hostile-locked faction arrives. On comms console, dev plus good will until the faction is no longer hostile. Observe that the siege continues.

Addendum:

I did not wait to see if the siege party would be resupplied. Dev destroying the mortars caused the foreign pawns to mill around, I didn't wait long enough to see if they would attack or leave. Dev destroying most of the foreign pawns caused them to perform action 'take what they can and leave,' and did not change relations with that faction. As expected, attacking the foreign pawns with my colonists caused bad will and the faction turned hostile.

Tynan

We should test sieges in this case.

I know normal raids work okay but sieges need a check. What happens if you ally with an enemy as they're besieging you? The pawns should just drop everything and leave.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

robno

Quote from: Tynan on September 14, 2018, 04:14:24 AM
The pawns should just drop everything and leave.
Should they though? That assumes some form of wireless communication, which tribes may not have. Maybe there should be a messenger who comes and tells them.

mlzovozlm

Quote from: robno on September 14, 2018, 08:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tynan on September 14, 2018, 04:14:24 AM
The pawns should just drop everything and leave.
Should they though? That assumes some form of wireless communication, which tribes may not have. Maybe there should be a messenger who comes and tells them.

fyi, we can call them using comm. console no? xD

Kenneth