Most messed up thing you have ever done in Rimworld

Started by BatCon14, March 08, 2018, 11:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

{insert_name_here}

I captured a raider called Angus, but he didn't have great stats.

Standard procedure: Harvest a lung and a kidney, give him two peg legs and a denture, then release him.

However, he had anxiety. Couple this with a whopping -80 mood debuff from having two organs harvested AND extra mood + health debuffs from being in withdrawal. This meant that when I released him, he went on a mental break near the edge of the map and started self-harming. This caused him to collapse on the ground and, unable to get back up due to the withdrawal symptoms, he died of starvation.

Pizza Mode

Somehow I feel like what one of my colonists did is worse than me. Some arsonist I recruited went crazy right after I barely repelled a devastating back-door attack (my base was on the edge of the map), and she tried to light her own pet monkey on fire when he was downed. Fortunately I arrested her in time to save the monkey.

But for me, in my original game I recruited two people from a friendly faction. They got knocked down by some animals and I scooped them up. They were a couple, Flossie and Stomp, and they even got married in my colony. But the husband, Stomp, just wasn't pulling his weight. I didn't really need his organs, but he did have something I wanted. I started the colony as a rich explorer, and my original guy, Kyle, was very lonely. All the women I recruited were either psychopaths and no good for him, or over 60. So I arranged for a little 'accident' to happen to Stomp during the next raid. Flossie was devastated, but Kyle was there and I mean right there, sleeping in the same room and everything, right by her side. They got together about a year later, then married and lived together a good long time, so it's a happy story really.

MachineGunLuke

at the moment i have a habit of surgically removing everything possible from captured pawns that dont have the right skills and traits to join the colony  :o

bobguy

This is the most messed up stuff I have done, accept transmissions from runaways, accept the offer, and then look at the stats, if they are bad I tell them to strip down and punch a nearby animal or the raiders, they will die or drop and if they drop the pirates leave.

When the factions keeps ransoming a former kidnapped colonists

DENY

MerlinEngine

I started a custom game with 10 characters, all of them very likely to become a psychopath, and one in 10 likely to become a cannibal. These characters started the game with very little food on a desolate frozen map with hardly any resources and only one gun. Everyone worked together to quickly build a heated base protected from the frigid temperatures and then went to sleep. The cannibal woke up in the evening, took the gun, and started to systematically arrest each one of the other colonists and lock them up in a room exposed to the outside temperature. All the characters froze to death, and the cannibal was free to live off their remains for quite a while, taking the random raider or escape pod encounter as a chance to gain more livestock. Eventually, a wanderer with the cannibal trait joined the group, and arrested the other cannibal in the middle of the night and ate him in the same way he did the others. I really wish I had taken screenshots of that horror show, but I didn't, so perhaps I will do it again to show off the horror.

Recently, I had a short tradition of imprisoning raiders inside the ancient danger chamber I had already opened, but sealed, along with dozens of bugs. The prisoner would inevitably start to go mad with hunger and attack the insects, which would, in turn, attack him and eat him once he died. I have seen one instance of a prisoner eating his dead comrade alongside one of the bugs to survive just a little bit longer (he wasn't a cannibal). At some point, the bugs became manhunters, and tried to break out of the chamber, so I had to sadly put down their population.

Crazyabe

I once Burned down trader caravans from outlanders using mortars for fun, then captured and "Saved" the Troops they sent to attack me, feeding them 'paste made from their dead friends and relatives before returning them and repeating the cycle once my neighbors were pacified enough to send me free stuff again.
I've had full cannibal camps where the rule of thumb was "If it moved, It was gonna be food" and didn't care if it was their Ex husband law or their son before I sent their dead corpse off to be butured. To make things somewhat better, I didn't build any way to cook that meat.
I once took three Abrasive, Bloodthirsty, Psychopaths out just to see how long it would take for them to kill each other off for something minor, The "Losers" ended up becoming a rather nice armchair before I ended that colony.
I'm from the Dwarf fortress forums, "Ethical" is not a part of my Vocabulary.

Not_AI

In my most recent game I encountered a decent sized (friendly)tribal caravan. Having several colonists with Power Armour, Snipers, and Mini Guns. I relieved the caravan of it's goods and captured the survivors, with a mod I harvested every internal organ I could and sealed the prisoners in a massive mine, they mined until starvation, and berserk rages, killed them, I then opened the mine took the resources they mined, and fed the flesh of the prisoners to the other slaves who were farming my colonies drug farm, and to my organ farm slaves.

Skryabin

Quote from: Not_AI on July 12, 2018, 07:24:40 PM
In my most recent game I encountered a decent sized (friendly)tribal caravan. Having several colonists with Power Armour, Snipers, and Mini Guns. I relieved the caravan of it's goods and captured the survivors, with a mod I harvested every internal organ I could and sealed the prisoners in a massive mine, they mined until starvation, and berserk rages, killed them, I then opened the mine took the resources they mined, and fed the flesh of the prisoners to the other slaves who were farming my colonies drug farm, and to my organ farm slaves.
The humanity is very lucky you are not ruling a real life colony! LOL

lolitsroger

I decided to play a hardcore game in arctic on an ice sheet. I started with a forced trait of cannibalism, otherwise my colonists would go nuts, and the normal stuff for a 3 person start but with one person. Since it is hard to survive there I decided the best route was to keep one person. So every single new member I got added to the colony I had my colonist kill and eat them. He of course loved it, until his bother joined the colony. So you can guess what I did, I had him killed and eaten. He loved the meat but he was not a psychopathy and went crazy, not because he ate his brother, but because he killed him.

ManHuntingSquirrel

In my first good colony (by that i mean im a save loading retard) some random woman fell from the sky,she was a pyromaniac but i didn't care because i thought i could handle it.
a few days later she sets my solar panels on fire.After everything is ok,i make a prisoner cell just for her,harvest her kidney,sell it and later,sell her.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Canaris

Well my most messed up colony involved sexmods, colony of psycho cannibals and mod that adds kids and teenagers....
You really dont want to know the details...
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

TheSolInvictus

Well, After spending quite a lot of time on a Vanilla Colony, after being bored by mods, I have adopted a pretty cruel method of determining who to recruit from my Prisoners to replace lost colonists.

I have prepared luxurious prison barracks with three beds, a turret on one side and an airlock on the other end. These chambers have three beds, once the prisoners are brought inside and had their worst injuries treated, of course without medicine as well as any valuable parts (bionics) harvested I forbid the doors and let them stay in there until only one is left alive, having either killed or eaten his fellow Prisoners due to starvation. If I have enough prisoners, rare as it is while having ~30ish pawns I repeat this process with the survivors of the other Barracks.

I call it natural selection... after all, only the strongest are good enough to join my Barbarian Colony.

The_Hat

I've done a lot of awful things in Rimworld. The following story is the only incident I feel genuine guilt over.

I had this colonist. Maddog by name, he was in his mid-60s and quite our best doctor and researcher for a number of years.

A few years into the colony we busted open a crypt. Six spacers, all had to be arrested. The first, Abe, was already downed, so that wasn't a problem. The other five, well, I wasn't about to send people over to arrest them, given the potential for all the fistfighting. So the firing line I had arranged outside the crypt in case of mechs got to shoot down a group of non violent spacers. Many of whom were actually armed. None of whom were compelled to fire a shot in their own defense. One of the spacers was killed in the first volley. A second spacer refused to leave the crypt. She had cataracts, and I just pictured her pawing around blindly in the darkness while hearing the screams of her friends. Had to send a team in to get her, she didn't survive.

We ended up recruiting two of the spacers. I didn't like the stats of the remainder of them, so I just kept them around for sinister purposes. Just so happens, Loser was this teenage girl with a bounty of harvestable organs. Coincidentally, many of my colonists had crucial body parts they were missing. Do a little math, one plus one equals Loser had her left lung and kidney removed, in addition to her nose. And possibly an eye.

It just so happened, Loser was one of the daughters of Maddog. And guess who carried out the harvesting?

After Maddog had removed most of her, shall we say, "spare" organs and gave her nose to a colonist who had lost hers in a previous skirmish, Loser became despondent, and ultimately, suicidal. Her self-inflicted cuts became infected, and I had to enlist Maddog to amputate her left arm and right hand. Loser eventually starved to death in her cell because the warden was out having a mental break.

A funny thing happened when I realized Loser had actually died. I regretted what I had done. Profoundly. I can't really explain it. She was a teenager, so she was beyond useless, but aside from the depression and the suicide attempts, she was a model prisoner. There were several escape attempts during her tenure, but Loser did not participate in a single one. She was just this quiet passive girl who deserved better than to be locked in a room having pieces cut out of her.

Maddog, probably thinking the same thing himself, indulged himself in a fit of tantrums over the course of the next few seasons. His mental state was compounded by the death of his other daughter, Duffy, who attacked us during a raid and was shot dead while fleeing. Later, Maddog's father (who was in his forties, about twenty years younger than Maddog) was taken prisoner. Guts by name, he was eventually recruited as a builder, but stayed with the colony for a remarkably short time before becoming fed up with us and walking off the map. Not long after, Maddog gave up on us as well. I picture an intense heart-to-heart between Maddog and Guts in which Guts lambastes Maddog for gutting his daughter like a fish.

I let them both go, as they had every right to lose faith in the colony, given what had happened. But of course, the circumstances of their departure wasn't quite enough to induce me to rescue them when both Maddog and Guts were captured by separate raiding parties following their departures.

DespacitoRoyale

I tested this around 50 times.

So basically in DEV MODE there's a mode called "BATTLE ROYALE", and oh is it fun, but I decided to give all my colonists doctoring skill so when the downed a colonist, they would harvest his organs until he died of pain, and the one who harvested the most organs would win.

20 colonists, 1 winner.

The guy with a Beta Poly knife won.

(I do play modded, for the luls and because vanilla bores me after you play with mods)

tsmt1001

I had cats overpopulate because I didn't thin their numbers and they got hungry and got into my liquor and developed a host of alcohol-related diseases. That really messed up my colony, too, because they would eat up any meat immediately before I could even haul it to a freezer.