Butchering spot

Started by //SHIFT, March 09, 2018, 09:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OopsLoops

Sick Puppy, you enumerated facilities now its can not think just like a butcher work.

First of point. Everything you mention is basically what someone is working on. The chef often does not leave the stoves and continues working there. Both sewing and blacksmith have many work processes, and once they start working, they continue working there for a long time. because, those difference in work efficiency accumulates and it make big difference.

The butcher is not like them. It does not always work. Meat to be processed with a butcher table is not always there. (Pet food is also created quickly and production is stopped) It is a common scene that no one is working there. That is what I said that I can not make a difference at work speed. it is a short time work, can not accumulate time, and cant be big difference.

The second point. no need fuel. simple. The reason to shift from fuelled stoves to electric stoves is often for save wood.
of course in butcher wrok, It can not be different.

Third point. originally, butcher tabel is not comfortable facility. On the contrary, this facility that provides unsanitary around it. Usually, it difference is determined by the difference in quality of the facility, but in this is not case either. It can not be different.

Finally, This is also a question. If make a difference with Yield Rate, makes Spot useless at all. Pawn's skill is a major factor in Yield fo meat and leather. In the early days that Spot will be used, the skill of Pown is also usually low, often not enough. If you make a difference that you can feel, it yield is too low and isnt it be utterly meaningless? For example, suppose 75 meat can be harvested originally, do you think that efficiency can fall to any degree?

These are the reason I felt it could not make a difference. I enumerated this as an objection because it makes it clear why I think so. And it is why I wanted to ask opinions on what points you should consider different.

and imo, the butcher's work is Originally, itself is somewhere... I felt it as "temporary" things in RimWorld.  Actually, there would not be much people building a room for a butcher.  almost people who make it in other rooms or if care about unsanitary thoughts, make it in an inconspicuous place. Is not it? Then the biggest point of view is "temporary things, and more temporary things".

I think it as "I can use it, but it is inconvenient" it is appropriate as a difference. For the reasons above, my opinion does not change on this point.

I am sorry to long post.
Good morning, RimWorld.
living in japan. im not well english.

Tynan

We've added this a little while ago, it'll be in next build.

I believe the only difference from butcher table is the work speed.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

sick puppy

Quote from: Tynan on March 12, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

praise the lord

OopsLoops

ok, Case closed. now I only hope is butcher table unnecessary and with spot will not be meaningless. I believe that there is a prospect for that point.

2018/03/14 16:19(in japan) edited
As an additional suggest. spot size more than 1 * 3 square.(Or need more space, Or settable number to 1) It is possible to cover work efficiency by installing multiple spots that would 0cost. If there are plenty of colonist, may be useful than tabel some time.
Good morning, RimWorld.
living in japan. im not well english.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Tynan on March 12, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

This begs the question of how different is the game going to be from what it is now to the final release?

Apparently cyclones have changed and now we have the very logical butchering spot (Very logical if your someone who has butchered whole animals before). Exciting times looking forward to the end result.  :)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503