[B18] Snap Out (v1.3) Calm down your mental break pawns!

Started by Neonspec, March 09, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neonspec

Description:
My mod here, erm, adds a simple feature that is the ability to calm down pawns (colonists, traders and prisoners).

Now as per usual little BB here would have a mental break because of eating without a table and go sad wandering around the base for hours until she eventually gets tired and falls down. With my mod the pawns can attempt to calm her down. Packed with lots of options so you can tune it to your liking.

Features
Adds the ability to calm pawns down - uses the warden work type!
   Success chance depends on the skill of the pawn and opinion - multipliers can be changed in options.
   Option for opinion only if you don't like it to take the social skill into account
Prisoners AND traders can be calmed down as well.
Works on aggressive mental break pawns - this can be enabled via the option menu
   But be wary, your pawn will be if they fail to stun or calm the aggro'd pawn!
Messages on calming attempts, to make your pawns look a bit more lively - can be disabled.
Options to change most aspects of the mod - such as success chances, cool-downs and etc!

Compatible with existing save games, and compatible with Psychology and any other mod that adds new mental breaks!
Download
Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1319782555
GitHub Releases/DRM-Free: https://github.com/NeonSpec/RW-SnapOut/releases
Please report any bugs ^.^

Latest changelog
-Berserk pawn calming changed (a bit harder now)
-Traders can be calmed down again
-Success multipliers can be customized in options
-Catharsis can be disabled in options
-Duration and cool down (both in ticks) can be modified in options
-German translation (Thanks to @Quadrum, had to do some option translation with translation application, but it should be alright, if there are any errors - tell me so I can fix them!)
-Some other minor stuff and code clean up

License stuff
- You may include my mod in a modpack/whatever you want as long as you let me know.
- You can make derivatives based on my mod if you let me know beforehand, and give credit.

Harry_Dicks

I would suggest that you give your mod a "base" folder. When users download from the releases section, and go to extract the contents of the zip, then they will need to make their own base folder. It's not a big deal, but it does make things easier for us end users, and you remove the possibility of having to help someone out who doesn't realize what they're doing.

Tenshi~Akari

Something in v1.3 keeps causing my mod order to throw up & reset, but I'm able to use v1.2 no problem.

One observation I've noticed so far: it seems like pawns like to "try to calm" each other down on a regular basis, even when they're very happy with life. (Not so much like fight/beserk intervention as it is like it's popping up regularly like chit-chat.) Is that the messages part you were referring to that has the option to be disabled? Not that I don't like seeing it, I just think it would be more effective if that particular passing interaction was geared at pawns with any mental level Stressed and below if possible...  otherwise, I like having my pawns be a little more engaged with each other in situations like this. ;)

EDIT: I think I figured out what might've been my issue... v1.3's InteractionDef is missing a workerClass line which v1.2 has. Was a new worker class supposed to be there to replace it?

EDIT #2: I derped, it's not this, but it happened to be something of mine where I miss-typed a line. 1.3 is working now as well. My bad. :-[

Ruisuki

finally no more traders burning down my home because they dont have a table

Neonspec

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 09, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
I would suggest that you give your mod a "base" folder. When users download from the releases section, and go to extract the contents of the zip, then they will need to make their own base folder. It's not a big deal, but it does make things easier for us end users, and you remove the possibility of having to help someone out who doesn't realize what they're doing.

Thanks, will do.

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 09, 2018, 08:20:52 PM
Something in v1.3 keeps causing my mod order to throw up & reset, but I'm able to use v1.2 no problem.

One observation I've noticed so far: it seems like pawns like to "try to calm" each other down on a regular basis, even when they're very happy with life. (Not so much like fight/beserk intervention as it is like it's popping up regularly like chit-chat.) Is that the messages part you were referring to that has the option to be disabled? Not that I don't like seeing it, I just think it would be more effective if that particular passing interaction was geared at pawns with any mental level Stressed and below if possible...  otherwise, I like having my pawns be a little more engaged with each other in situations like this. ;)

EDIT: I think I figured out what might've been my issue... v1.3's InteractionDef is missing a workerClass line which v1.2 has. Was a new worker class supposed to be there to replace it?

EDIT #2: I derped, it's not this, but it happened to be something of mine where I miss-typed a line. 1.3 is working now as well. My bad. :-[

Thanks. And yeah thats an issue with the game randomly giving them the 'tired to calm me down' in the social tab. Ill try to fix it soon.

Canute

Neonspec,
i just want say the latest release archive on github (SnapOut-B18.zip) got the Main folder missing.
No big deal, but you know some people...

Ruisuki

couldnt quite make out what did you mean to happen in case of failure to calm down mentally broken pawn? Does the intervening colonist become broken himself or suffer a mood malus?

Personally i think failure to intervene should have a negative consequence, but success should give a slight mood bonus for the intervening colonist. Along with a small amount of social exp. In my game I plan to take away the catharsis bonus if snapping the colonist out of the break just for balance purposes. I like that youre giving the option to adjust the game settings to the players

Ruisuki

also would be cool if different types of mental breaks required different levels of social skill to snap out. For example pyro break needing a stronger psychologist than a binge eater

Ruisuki

any thoughts on an opinion boost if successfully calmed?