building a ship vs finding the hidden ship

Started by Kiter5, March 10, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiter5

do these both end the same way? I built/launched a ship and was not happy with my 'going away story'..LOL.
does finding the ship take you back to the Glitterworld?

Toast

I believe the end narration is the same no matter what.

There are no unambiguously happy endings on the Rim, pardner.

Kiter5

I guess I just figured they'd 'contact home'.

They probably didn't have any real friends back on Glitterworld anyway. All a bunch high-falootin' phonies with pet dolphins.

We'll just stay here with our tamed iguanas and rice plants.

Canute

They don't want "contact home" they want find a new home they left their home with cyrocasket do you remember ?

When you use the friendly AI ship, you don't need to research the ship tech's but you need to travel to that location.
And when you got a very large population there isn't enough casket's for all pawn's.

Kiter5

I must not have read the story thoroughly enough. I though they were just on a ship that somehow wrecked and they escaped... like maybe they were just on a long journey or mission and did expect to go home.

I dont understand why they would want to escape Rimworld just to possibly crashland on some other new to them planet and have to start all over again. They have homes, gardens, pets, trade routes with neighboring villages here.... it was a hard start up. why would they do that all over?

Silly colonists.

Tynan

They're all from different places. Many are from the rimworld itself, since you recruited them there.

Plus, given that it takes decades to travel between stars and many of them were in cryptosleep for centuries, there really is no "home" to go back to. Even if one did go back to his home, many years would've passed.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Gimmick Account

Quote from: Tynan on March 12, 2018, 07:38:40 AM
They're all from different places. Many are from the rimworld itself, since you recruited them there.

Plus, given that it takes decades to travel between stars and many of them were in cryptosleep for centuries, there really is no "home" to go back to. Even if one did go back to his home, many years would've passed.

This is something that I wish the game would display or recognize on some level simply for reasons of immersion, since it already respects chronological age versus biological age. Have an 'Origin World' tab in addition to the two 'Origin story' ones. I actually made a thread on that subject a very long time ago, but like so many other suggestions, it just fell off the first page unnoticed.