UI Disappears (probably some mod)

Started by Beider, March 12, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beider

Hello,

I am running quite a few mods in my current game and my UI seems to randomly disappear. I have yet not been able to pinpoint why and going through and disabling mods to test is hard since I can't reliably reproduce it.

Anyone have any idea on how to either debug this or which mod it could be?

Here is my current mod list

HugsLib
Persistent Cooler
Advanced Hydroponics [B18]
Better Infestations
Time-of-Day Switches
RimHair Styles Merged
[A18] Balanced Neutroamine Production
Stack Merger
Beasts of the Rim
Where's the gravel?
AllowDeadMansApparel
RT Power Switch
QualityBuilder
QualitySurgeon
I Can Fix It!
No God No
CleaningArea
Research Scrollbars
RT Fuse
PowerSwitch
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Rimworld Search Agency
Medical Tab
Bulk Stone Cutting
Outfitter 0.18.0
Glitter Tec
Runtime GC
Better Pawn Control
WM Too Many Leathers
[T] ExpandedCloth
Infused
Hand Me That Brick
Allow Tool
Efficient Light
LessRebuff
Feed The Colonists
More Trade Ships
Dubs Skylights
Quantum Cooling
P-Music
JTReplaceWalls [B18]

Beider

For anyone else with the same problem, I took a look through my mod list and wondered which mod could cause this at completely random times. My final guess was "Runtime GC" so I disabled it and I have not had my UI disappear since then, so this was most likely the cause.

Canute

It is very uncommon that Runtime GC cause this problem by itself.
It is more a conflict with another mod.
If you want to help to pin down the error, just enable the mod again.
Since you say the UI disappear i don't think you can access the green "Share logs" button then, try to post the Rimworld error log.
To locate the error log read 4. under
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0

Beider

I started getting the issue again occasionally and got the error log,

It seems to be spammed with this error,

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.PassingShipTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PassingShipManager.PassingShipManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And then occasionally some errors like this,

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RimWorld.ColonistBar+Entry].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBar.ColonistBarOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Exception ticking Comareiro: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.MapPawns+<>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapPawns+<>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.WealthWatcher.ForceRecount (Boolean allowDuringInit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.WealthWatcher.RecountIfNeeded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.WealthWatcher.get_WealthTotal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_Expectations.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Thought_Situational.CurrentStateInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Thought_Situational.RecalculateState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.AppendMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outThoughts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.GetAllMoodThoughts (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outThoughts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.GetDistinctMoodThoughtGroups (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outThoughts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.TotalMoodOffset () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Mood.get_CurInstantLevel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Seeker.NeedInterval () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Mood.NeedInterval () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.NeedsTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

I am not quite sure what to make of this though.

(Had to zip the logfile as it was too large for forum attachment)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

QuoteHad to zip the logfile
Good though, i know other people who just split the log at multiple posting as plain text *shiver*

Basicly there isn't anything wrong, on startup Rimworld don't show any error's.
So nothing speak against to play a permadeath beside it is a bad idea to play a modded game as permadeath (just my opinion).

The 1. error may belong to "More trade ships"
The 2. error maybe to "Where's the gravel?"
and the 3. no idea.

But i don't have a big idea how you can fix it easyly, special not on a permadeath when you can't load a game and retry it.
Normaly i would say, deactivate these/some mod's and check if it still happen.

Maybe some else got an idea.

Beider

Thanks for the reply.

I did deactivate "more trade ships" already as I am not at that tech level anyway, and it at least seemed to reduce the frequency of the crashes (have not had one since I deactivated it). Will have to keep playing for a while to see if it actually solves the problem or not.

Will deactivate "where's the gravel" next if I get another crash to see if it helps.