[MOD] (Alpha 5) Droids v0.5

Started by gertvv, June 08, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkire

Is it possible to have droids ID powered Doors?

my thought is powered doors open themselves, so a droid should be able to go through them, but not wooden doors

Psyckosama

LittleMikey

Quote from: Psyckosama on June 10, 2014, 04:09:16 AM
Want a new graphic?

I was thinking of trying to draw a new graphic, although I have less art skills then a blind Llama on cocaine. You'd probably do a better job then me!

gertvv

Psyckosama, LittleMikey - yes I would love new graphics!

I'm currently working on (nearly done with) giving them an internal battery that discharges over time. When they get nearly empty they go to a charging station to charge. So these are the things that I want a texture for:

• The activated droid (front/back/side)
  • The inactivated droid (single view)
  • The droid manufacturing table (currently 3x1 but could be something else)
  • The charging station (1x1, a platform that the droid goes onto to charge)

gertvv

Awesome decomg, thanks for the translation! Is there any way I can include both language versions in the same mod?

Kubouch

Haven't tested it but they should be more expensive, imho. 75 metal is nothing. I'd make it something like 200 metal + 200 silver (for the electronics - such as  here: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2677.0). But it's a really cool idea!

decomg

Quote from: gertvv on June 11, 2014, 11:56:47 AM
Awesome decomg, thanks for the translation! Is there any way I can include both language versions in the same mod?

hummmmm... I do not know  =/

gertvv

Seems like there is:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2933.0

For example the Portuguese translation of the base game:

https://github.com/Ribas-7/RimWorld-pt

I can take your version and adapt it to this style so it can be included in 0.2 or so :-)

decomg

forsaken1111

So I tested this out. Why do the droids slowly lose health and then die? Is that intended?

I created two droids and they did their job hauling things about, but over time they lost health for no apparent reason at about the same rate and eventually just died while sitting idle in a room (nothing to haul).

gertvv

forsaken1111, that definitely should not happen if there is nothing to harm them. I haven't had much time to do longer testing sessions so I haven't seen this happening. Will try to fix it later on. For now I will upload the new version in which they have energy requirements. After this I plan to make colonists able to repair them.

gertvv

Released version 0.2 and uploaded the source on GitHub. Plan to fix the health loss issue and include the Portuguese translation in the next version.

Psyckosama

going to work on the art this weekend.

Though would it be possible to suggest slightly different sizes on some of the equipment?

With something as big as robot manufacture I could use more room for details. And with the charger I'm thinking 1X2 would work better. Give you space for a trickle charger/power inverter/diagnostic station next to the pad.

forsaken1111

Quote from: gertvv on June 12, 2014, 04:42:42 PM
forsaken1111, that definitely should not happen if there is nothing to harm them. I haven't had much time to do longer testing sessions so I haven't seen this happening. Will try to fix it later on. For now I will upload the new version in which they have energy requirements. After this I plan to make colonists able to repair them.
I'll do some testing with the new version then. :)