[MOD] (Alpha 5) Droids v0.5

Started by gertvv, June 08, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

It works fine in my new map... I'll have to go back to my old map and see what was going wrong.

Thanks for looking into it though. /cheers.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

gertvv

Quote from: Psyckosama on June 23, 2014, 10:05:19 PM
gertvv, I'd like to make two suggestions (and I'll also make extra colors for 'em)

A Cleaning Droid and a Firefighter Droid.

*edit*

Also add a Medic Droid. It will automatically drag in any injured colonists or raiders.

The first two are definitely planned, and hauling the injured also fits I suppose. Perhaps mining too? Would be awesome to distinguish them by color!

dolarmak

for some reason when i try to activate your mod the game crashes by erasing the menu buttons so i can't select to start a new game. you guy know why that is?

gertvv

Quote from: dolarmak on June 24, 2014, 01:24:10 PM
for some reason when i try to activate your mod the game crashes by erasing the menu buttons so i can't select to start a new game. you guy know why that is?

That's pretty weird. Is there any console output? Try pressing the '~' key to activate the console.

gertvv

Just released 0.4, with the following changes:

• New graphics thanks to Psyckosama!
  • Smarter charging behaviour:

• Droids check whether the station is powered on and available
    • Droids will now try to charge at a nearby station before getting to the "emergency" 8% charge level
  • Lowered crafting level requirements
  • Added About.xml for the Mods menu
  • Bugfix: charging stations now only charge when actually powered on
  • Bugfix: Droids no longer die of starvation
  • Bugfix: charging station now properly requires research to build
Hopefully another version soon, with more types of Droids and more graphics by Psyckosama!

Let me know how you like the current skill requirements / research costs / etc. I think the skill gains from crafting the droid parts and droids probably needs to be increased.

diego-fm

i crashes for me too, copied the zip content from github to mods, open mod selection, activate droids, close, and no menu buttons.

After activating debug mode, closing the mod selection window couses some exceptions, namely what you can see in the picture. Any idea?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

gertvv

Quote from: diego-fm on June 26, 2014, 09:26:08 AM
i crashes for me too, copied the zip content from github to mods, open mod selection, activate droids, close, and no menu buttons.

The source code on GitHub does not contain the compiled assembly (Droids.dll) which is required for the game to run. If you want to run from the source, you will need an IDE such as Visual Studio or MonoDevelop to compile the assembly.

So my advice is to download the .ZIP from the forum (top post in this topic) and install that one.

gertvv

The mod has been updated for Alpha 5 compatibility!

I have also tuned the crafting and research requirements: lower skill requirement (crafting 8 for the Droid), but the parts and the Droid take longer to build. The XP from crafting droid parts and droids has been increased. The research cost has been increased significantly.

ITOS

I've been looking at making an automatic cleaning robot myself. So far I've only made the graphics. If you are going to make a cleaning droid you can use these graphics if you want.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Psyckosama

Those are awesome. Better than Mine, which I admit were done quickly and are mostly place holders at the moment.

I'm probably going to redo them sooner or later.

billerinstinct

Quote from: ITOS on July 06, 2014, 02:33:03 PM
I've been looking at making an automatic cleaning robot myself. So far I've only made the graphics. If you are going to make a cleaning droid you can use these graphics if you want.

NICELY DONE Itos

Skeggtroll

I might be doing something wrong, but my robot disappears right after it charges, and it gives me an error in a log...Any ideas?

decomg

yesssssssss... thanks for the update   ;D

Fukara

Quote from: Skeggtroll on July 06, 2014, 07:59:01 PM
I might be doing something wrong, but my robot disappears right after it charges, and it gives me an error in a log...Any ideas?

You need to start a new game.

gertvv

Quote from: ITOS on July 06, 2014, 02:33:03 PM

Very nice work! I will make the cleaning Droids soon and use your graphics :-).