[MOD] (Alpha 5) Droids v0.5

Started by gertvv, June 08, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gertvv

Thanks for the detailed reports. I suspect that this is due to changes in A5 in how reservations and forbidding are handled; this is now (much more) faction specific. The Droids are not in the Colony faction because then they *must* have things like thoughts, work settings, etc. that are just not appropriate to have and are hard to get working in a "Droid-like" fashion.

Prior I thought this had to do with the forbidding not working correctly, so it is good to know that it is related to reservations instead - hopefully I can come up with a workaround. I will put this up as a "known bug" on the front page as it seems pretty game breaking indeed!

letharion

Quote from: gertvv on July 09, 2014, 06:19:23 AMI suspect that this is due to changes in A5 in how reservations and forbidding are handled; this is now (much more) faction specific. The Droids are not in the Colony faction because then they *must* have things like thoughts, work settings, etc. that are just not appropriate to have and are hard to get working in a "Droid-like" fashion.

That makes sense. To support raiders owning buildings, there will likely have been quite an overhaul. Is there an appropriate place to raise the issue with Tynan that you want Droids in the colony faction without all the other requirements?

gertvv

Just a heads up, I'm probably not going to be able to fix the mod for some time. Not feeling so well now, and I'm going on holiday in a few days. So no fix until August, unless someone else here feels like doing it, in which case you know where the source is :-).

letharion

Quote from: gertvv on July 10, 2014, 04:47:11 PM
Just a heads up, I'm probably not going to be able to fix the mod for some time. Not feeling so well now, and I'm going on holiday in a few days. So no fix until August, unless someone else here feels like doing it, in which case you know where the source is :-).

Thanks for all the work you've already put into this. :) Hope you feel better soon :)

Somz

But...but...but... Droids? My droids? No droids? I... Awww... (ಥ﹏ಥ)
Sounded so awesome, I really hope it'll be...repaired soon, or that someone'll take over/make a similar one.
Did anyone else make a similar mod?
The stupid hauling droids is...or at least would've been a great idea to save my colonists' time.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Olek

Damn, I was actually coming to report a bug, and now I'm going to have to live with it.
The Droids are taking food from the tables when people are sitting to eat, they are also taking food off the stove, forcing the cook to have to go and grab more raw mats, which the droid also takes from the stove, causing an endless loop until the cook gets tired and goes to bed.

axenn

For me when the droid is charged to 99% it disapears.

Morrigi

Quote from: Cyst on July 19, 2014, 01:09:03 PM
Sounded so awesome, I really hope it'll be...repaired soon, or that someone'll take over/make a similar one.
The stupid hauling droids is...or at least would've been a great idea to save my colonists' time.
One alternative is this one: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
MAIs are pretty cool. Expensive, but incredibly useful.

Somz

Quote from: Morrigi on July 26, 2014, 06:43:42 AM
Quote from: Cyst on July 19, 2014, 01:09:03 PM
One alternative is this one: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
MAIs are pretty cool. Expensive, but incredibly useful.

More than incredibly useful... Had to delete this part of the mod because I just made more and more when my colonists died. They need no food, no mental breakdowns, 100 more HP, they're OP and replaced my colonists altogether. ;) But thanks anyway ^^
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Bog

Well I didn't read the whole 8 pages to see if these ideas have already been suggested, but here's some of my ideas anyways: (note: a lot of them won't be easy, but would definitely be interesting.)

1. Make it so that deconstructing centipedes at a workbench gives you droid parts instead of metal. (or less metal and droid parts)

2 Make it so you can "refurbish" scythers. It'd require a scyther corpse, but would need a lot less droid parts, or maybe none at all (just say 75 metal on top of the scyther)

3. Make it so you can make Androids which are constructed colonists. They can do everything a normal colonist can do, and would get their own personality and require charging stations instead of beds/food. They'd require an AI persona core in their recipe to limit players from making too many.

4. New droid types. I'd like to see janitor droids and firefighting droids, for example. I'd be pretty cautious about adding combat droids, but if you want to I'd say they'd need to be refurbished scythers to limit how many a colony could get. I'd also be wary about making droid types for tasks that use skills in colonists, but if you do, make the droids have 0 skill when using it, so they go really slowly for balance. Mining, growing and plant cutting would fall in this category. They're "skilled" labour normally.

Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)