Zone storage suggestions

Started by Listy, March 12, 2018, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

Please please please for the love of god can we have the following improvements to the storage zone check box menus.

1: "Allow Dead-mans apparel":
The way its currently set up is a right pain in the butt to filter out the deadmans and non-deadmans clothing and setting stock piles up. I want to create a stock pile for colony use, and export. The export is all the worn and D stuff. To my tiny mind it seems to be painfully difficult to get it sorted. Its the one time the game tends to sit there beating me over the head.
There is a precedent for it, under weapons you have both smeltable and non-smeltable options.

2:Make some zones ignorable for bills totals:
I just had an outbreak of unwelcome nudity because I have a large stock of trousers, so the bills set to "Do until you have X" halted their work. However all of the trousers were tattered or D, and thus not for colonist use.
Could we either have a check box that discounts a zone from bill total count?
Or a more elegant solution would be to make dumping zones not count. I mention the last one because for the life of me, I can't see what a dumping zone is for? There appears to be no difference between it and a normal storage zone. This change would give it a role.
If the latter is chosen it might also be an idea to give the orbital beacons the ability to create dump zone as well as create storage zone.

These would bring big quality of life improvements to the players.

Thanks.

sick puppy

agreed
also, some wordings are imprecise somehow
d apparel and rotten have a special mark, but i see many players myself included confused by them.

Jibbles

Allow dead-mans apparel filter should indeed be in the game.  I think the whole make a zone not count would confuse some players IMO..  Just install AllowDeadmansApparel mod and set up the bill to burn the apparel. You won't make much money from them anyways and prevents issues with your "Do until x" bills if you set them up properly.

cultist

I'm not saying I wouldn't like having this feature, but do yourself a favor and just stop collecting dead man's clothes. I was guilty of this was well, but they're bascially worthless in vanilla. Just burn them or leave them outside to fall apart on their own. Leave corpses where they fall unless you need them for food or they're in a place where pawns see them often. The effort of hauling them (and their clothes) back and forth just isn't worth it in most cases.

If your issue is efficient cleanup using cremation, set the crematorium to burn everything (clothes first), but in a very small radius. That should stop it burning "clean" clothes, and dead man's clothes won't stay on the ground long enough for haulers to take them to your stockpiles.

falconne

Quote from: Listy on March 12, 2018, 09:49:17 AM
2:Make some zones ignorable for bills totals:

I have a mod that will let you ignore deadmans and tattered clothing from the count.