Microelectronics Actually Basics (B18)

Started by Mitz, March 12, 2018, 10:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitz

finally, the solution to the horrendous grind of smithing and machining when you already know half the $&!7!
nobody likes the brand-new grind of microelectronics. it's too - HCSK-Feeling, like it should be in there, but really somehow it got out.
i made a one-line edit to code, packaged as a mod so computers don't complain, and left as much compatibility as possible!
it literally melted right in, a slight of lag for half a second, but not a single error appeared!
(i mean seriously who personally edits the main code of research projects?) i know this will eventually get drowned in the enormous market of other AAA mod titles, so i published it to steam! (and if tynan keeps this crap up i'll be making updates, i really don't want a bigger timewall for my beautiful traders)
cat-chicken seal of approval
dropbox instant, you don't need to view the zip
i am geniunely sorry for packaging it in winRAR, it was kinda installed by my superiors and they refuse to upgrade to 7-zip.
steam workshop

It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Harry_Dicks

Reading over your post, I am generally confused as to what your mod is for, what it does, and some of the other things you mentioned, but the flow of information seemed not very coherent for a first time viewer of your mod page.

Not trying to cause issues, but I would suggest maybe making it a little clearer what you're trying to do here. :)

Lethe

Yeah, agreeing with Harry on this. You should've put your steam description here too.

"DESCRIPTION
I'm tired of the extra two layers to get microelectronics. you already have solar panels and windmills, why not just skip the two smithing and machining requisites?
(recommended for colony start, not tribal)
the reason i created this is to return to the vanilla feel of just jumping to orbital traders, it seemed unfair for a while we'd have to learn how to craft weapons.. and weapons...
and more weapons...
just to figure out how to make a phone dial.
i rage every time i see i have to go backwards through time when i already have freaking SOLAR PANELS which don't require machining but something less technical does!
pls explaib"

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

The13thRonin

Quote from: Mitz on March 12, 2018, 10:12:49 AMit's too - HCSK-Feeling, like it should be in there, but really somehow it got out.

So it escaped from an excellent modpack that greatly enhances the game?

You really sold me on not trying your mod.

SirDerpface

Quote from: The13thRonin on March 13, 2018, 02:39:59 AM
Quote from: Mitz on March 12, 2018, 10:12:49 AMit's too - HCSK-Feeling, like it should be in there, but really somehow it got out.

So it escaped from an excellent modpack that greatly enhances the game?

You really sold me on not trying your mod.
While I can agree that hardcore sk makes research really damn complicated, I too love it like that and wouldn't try such a mod. Rimworld is hard and unforgiving and should stay so for the extra !!FUN!!.
If you hate research grind this mod is for you tho.

Mitz

oh dang! the replies weren't being forwarded to my email!
thanks for the feedback, i have a tendancy to write faster than i can think - i made this mini-mod because i couldn't bear the change to get Microelectronics basics. i like HCSK's style of research, you don't randomly dart around from "weapons" to "phones" because those are totally different industries, though if needed HCSK blends the paths to and from things.
i've played HCSK before, more research seems legal there but my games are usually about caravanning, fighting, expansion, but rarely do i have time to research something, unless i get a dedicated researcher - and then i forget about the research.
i don't mind this mod getting buried, i'm just letting people know i actually care about this mod.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.