[1.0] [KV] Change Equipment Stats [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, October 24, 2018, 02:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waveshaper

Hi there!

Glad I found this gem of a mod. I'm currently digging into balancing a somewhat extended mod-setup for myself and (mostly) a few friends of mine and I'm running into the very same issues I've ran last time I played the game around A16; some mods add just ridiculous items & stats that don't fit into the games balance at all. *cough* Glittertec *cough* Orassans *cough*

Last time I invested quite some time in changing the values for Glitter Tec weapons by hand and since all the inofficial nerf-patch-mods rarely stay up to date I thought I have to redo all this work in a text editor. But you mod helps A LOT with working changes out in-game - because not everything on paper plays out as expected. :)

And while sitting in front of spreadsheets, DPS calculations, etc. one thing came to my mind and since my modding-skills are sub-par at best (I'm good in balancing things - but I always need someone for the coding-side of my projects ^^) I'm not sure if Rimworld would even offer the possibilities to implement it. But what's about adding an ex-/import feature for your mod using simple .txt file system?

I know, you're currently working on a 'updated' project to this mod - but same would apply there; a ex-/import system would allow more flexibility for balancing using your mod instead of having to rely on '3rd party' patch-mods for bigger content mods that don't fit in line with a particular setup.

I'm aware that your mod is technically doing exactly this with just writing the changes into it's .xml and patching the stats on the fly in-game, but a export feature just for the changed items would make it easier to export those changes into spreadsheets.
Guess there might exist ways to automate some restructuring of .xml files - but I have to admit that I can't think of an easy solution for it at the moment. All in all I guess such a feature could make your mod into a real mandatory instance for every reasonable mod-pack to be used - imho it would deserve this status. :)

Kiame

Adding in import/export to In-Game Def Editor shouldn't be hard.

Just a heads up, this mod is no longer supported as In-Game Def Editor can do much more

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46983.msg445886#msg445886