Naming Dilemmas

Started by Harry_Dicks, March 13, 2018, 02:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

I, like a ton of others I'm sure, suffer from some retarded naming dilemma in games. For whatever silly reason, if I get to a naming area and the randomized name I get isn't something I like, and there is no "randomize" button, then I stand a fair chance of getting stuck for quite awhile. I will shamefully admit that I have even gone to naming generators, as if this is some life altering decision.

Anyway, my suggestion is, could we please get a "random" button next to any naming input field? Like when you've had your colony running for a few days and you get the prompt to give your colony a name, you will get a random name given to you, which you are of course free to replace. However, it would help me a lot if I could cycle through the list of random names. Same thing goes for any other place where there is already a list or algorithm in place to give a random name for whatever. Could players please have the ability to cycle through these randomly generated names, instead of only getting access to this already built in function only once? Because sometimes I think the random names I'm given are really great, and would like access to more of them, please. Thanks!

sick puppy

+1
because i am too autistic to come up with good names. literally took the name of the band whose song i was listening to at the moment for this accout's name. still took me a solid hour though. honestly, i HATE naming things. that's when i come up with really technical terms and stupid shit like sick puppies

Ser Kitteh

Same. Just give me a randomiser and be done with it.

While we're at it, PLEASE LET US REARRANGE THE COLONIST PORTRAITS AT THE TOP.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on March 14, 2018, 03:13:21 AM
While we're at it, PLEASE LET US REARRANGE THE COLONIST PORTRAITS AT THE TOP.
Actually this is kinda big for me. I wish there was way more consistency across all of the UI, and I think we can expect some great changes come 1.0

Of course, this is all just speculation. If only...

Call me Arty

Bet you losers can't come up with the perfect faction and community name on the first try either, and totally don't panic-press the wrong button and name your ice sheet "Friendly Desert" too.

Like a buncha losers.

And totally not me.

Oh, and while we're at it (even though it's only roughly related) I want to be able to rename landmarks around me at a certain level of wealth or faction-relation. "Oldkoala Peaks" just doesn't sound as intimidating as "Mount Kickassmonjaro."
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Third_Of_Five

+1

Cheap to add, common sense feature.