Making older mods work in alpha 4. (new mod called moreFood !!!.)

Started by abcdef, June 08, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 10, 2014, 03:11:30 AM
Could you do the alpha 2 mod called more turrets? http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2246.msg21162#msg21162

You sure you want to bother? XD I abandoned that project because I figured there were some much better turret mods out there, more turrets was just the first one. I haven't a problem with someone else updating it, just not sure it's worth the trouble.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Joretap0

Quote from: nacker1776 on June 08, 2014, 05:09:23 PM
Dressers would be nice if possible. Thank you for your work.
Dresser is in construction for the moment, it will be compatible as soon as i finish everything for the next version(crafting apparel operationnal, just need to link them to the dresser and it will be finish, but not having much time as excepted this WE).
My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

abcdef

Quote from: moredrowsy on June 09, 2014, 07:16:06 PM
Thanks for the updates. Btw, does the Less Explosive Turret mod work with other turret mods (like mechanoid turrets, non-lethal turrets, etc)?

Yes but it does not effect other turrets mods they will still explode i will look at the code and possibly update it in the future have a lot of other request to work thourgh right now

abcdef

abcdef

Quote from: Fergus on June 10, 2014, 02:19:00 AM
Really appreciate your doing this, but ummm what about updating "More Floors"? I really miss my yellow brick walk ways and all the various floors, they added some much needed color to a colony.

I could update my own mod however the sheer amount of code i have in that to link it all up really bothers me. And i will have to change alot to make it work. I will take maybe 10 -15 of the 30 somthing floors and update them.

I have done it.

benramit

nuschler22

decomg

R42i31

NCrawler

In More Floors, when you lay down road, metal or wood floors, grass will still grow on the tile.  If, like me, you do not like this, just edit each of the .xml files in the TerrainDefs folder and change <Fertility> to 0.  Should have originally been like this, IMO...

NCrawler

Something else I have noticed, if you use both Production+ and Kompression mod, dependent on which mod is loaded last will determine what traders will buy from you.  I am going to make a compatibility mod for these two.  I'll give it to the OP if he is interested...

abcdef

Quote from: NCrawler on June 11, 2014, 02:07:23 PM
Something else I have noticed, if you use both Production+ and Kompression mod, dependent on which mod is loaded last will determine what traders will buy from you.  I am going to make a compatibility mod for these two.  I'll give it to the OP if he is interested...
Quote from: NCrawler on June 11, 2014, 01:46:03 PM
In More Floors, when you lay down road, metal or wood floors, grass will still grow on the tile.  If, like me, you do not like this, just edit each of the .xml files in the TerrainDefs folder and change <Fertility> to 0.  Should have originally been like this, IMO...

:P when i made more floors i used the road, wood and metal flooring outside it made sense to allow grass to grow as that would happen to flooring outside in the real world :P.

And i didnt test the trader part i simply just updated the mods to work on alpha four i can make a fix for this, but i am also happy for you to do this as i do not use these mods together personally anyway.

NCrawler

Quote from: abcdef on June 11, 2014, 02:27:08 PM
:P when i made more floors i used the road, wood and metal flooring outside it made sense to allow grass to grow as that would happen to flooring outside in the real world :P.

True, maybe it's just that your fertility value of 1.25 is too high.  Grass was growing super fast on road surfaces that I laid down.  A value of 0.1 or 0.2 would probably be more realistic.

And i didnt test the trader part i simply just updated the mods to work on alpha four i can make a fix for this, but i am also happy for you to do this as i do not use these mods together personally anyway.

I've completed it and have taken some liberties with what traders will buy/sell to make more sense.  For example, there is no more trading of silver crates as that makes absolutely no sense and slave ships will purchase food crates if available.  I tweaked the numbers for other things a bit as well and it seems to work pretty good in the testing that I have done.  File is attached if interested...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NCrawler

Found and fixed a bug in the Kompression mod.  Looks like the 'Unpack Agave Crate' recipe was left out of the crafting table's recipe list.  I have fixed it and the corrected .xml file is attached.  You can drop it in your Kompression mod's Defs\ThingDefs folder and allow it to overwrite.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Jdalt40

Quote from: Architect on June 10, 2014, 06:31:16 AM
Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 10, 2014, 03:11:30 AM
Could you do the alpha 2 mod called more turrets? http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2246.msg21162#msg21162

You sure you want to bother? XD I abandoned that project because I figured there were some much better turret mods out there, more turrets was just the first one. I haven't a problem with someone else updating it, just not sure it's worth the trouble.

I requested it because usually all the other mods of turrets only had one or  two but yours has I think 5 from when I remember. also your turret mod was pretty good :)