Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• April 05, 2020, 04:07:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solved: How to create and use external xml or txt files in a translation?  (Read 1225 times)

Aiven

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

I'm currently translating the world name generator into Norwegian and I've made it work really well. It would be good however if I could make my own txt files as name lists. What I'd like is one list of animals in the definite form and one list in a form that can be merged with other words (my language like to merge words, but then many words need a special form). I've made it work by adding long lists in the xml, which is a workaround. I'm pretty fresh on xml, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Edit: In case someone else has the same question, I've pasted Haplo's reply from another thread, which solves the issue:

Sorry, I see you're asking about new string files, that are NOT part of the core data?
Take a look into the file RulePacks_Global: <GlobalUtility.rulePack.rulesFiles> and check out for example the entry AnimalSingularFem
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:43:56 AM by Aiven »

Aiven

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: How to create and use external xml or txt files in a translation?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »

I can see that the German translation has done this, so I know it's possible. But I don't know if the source code has to support each file?

I know that there's a system for gender and so on in place, but this can't really solve my issue, because too many words are irregular, so I have to define each one specifically.

Aiven

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 06:04:58 AM »

Still wondering about this :/

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »

Does looking at the german language xml files not give an idea what's going on?

Aiven

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 05:21:28 AM »

Does looking at the german language xml files not give an idea what's going on?

Perhaps to a trained eye. I tried to look through them and search, but again I have little experience with xml (and coding in general).