[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Mechatronics (v0.1.4)

Started by mispy, June 09, 2014, 12:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorenson

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 10, 2014, 11:59:52 AM
I have found the issue. I think it is because I had mechanoid turrets (the mod) also active and that might have screwed with this mod a bit.

I'm running it without that mod active (but I do have it) and I have the same behavior as you. I'm running a bunch of other mods, though:

6ColonistStart
A Fighting Chance
Artillery
IncappedAutoRescue
InventoryPanel
Non-Lethal Turrets
Project Armory
Target Practice
Workplaces

mispy

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 10, 2014, 11:59:52 AM
I have found the issue. I think it is because I had mechanoid turrets (the mod) also active and that might have screwed with this mod a bit.

It'll definitely be incompatible with that because we both override the disassembling process. Perhaps I can add a new recipe to the machining bench instead.

mispy

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 09, 2014, 07:03:15 PM
Yeah... Although I found something interesting though. I went into dev mode so I could give myself some mech parts just to check them out and well, I currently have a mechanoid extracting slag for me :)

Edit: Actually they are acting like normal colonists. One is currently planting trees for me, another one was just harvesting one of the crops.

This one is fixed. I was missing a call to workSettings.InitialSetupFromSkills() again after changing the mechanoid skill requirements to disable other labors

mispy

Quote from: Encode on June 09, 2014, 11:37:15 PM
Thanks for Mod, I really like this, being they're not out for our blood like their rogue cousins. Haha.

Regarding the use of electricity for future ver. Maybe let them go to power outlet, or freely connect to any nearby power (like while building) to 'energize' them to regenerate faster (like how colonists repairing buildings/walls). Otherwise, the "slowly generate to full health" applies when they're not connected to any power. Might be a little OP but from where I see, the attack drops will only get bigger (i've got 10+ colonists vs nearly 20 centipede, in cassandra.. :( ) I even went to test invoking raiders to attack me, so they can fight the Centipedes but all 4 waves died. hahaha.... when Centipedes bunch together, they're extremely deadly.

I'm glad you like it! I had the same sort of idea about electricity; the main thing that's limiting here is I'd need to add new UI for it to work properly and I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.

mispy

Quote from: Encode on June 10, 2014, 06:37:52 PM
I can finally get to make them today, and they're so 'cute'. :) and they now move on their own doing other stuff like colonists. The shoot/melee stats is rather random and are mostly low (3 ) for me.. Oh, and there's also a 'ghost connection point' from where they're built, even after the Mechanoids moved off.

Yay cuteness :) Their skills are now set at 8 from the start. They're supposed to be effective shooters, but not as effective as a highly-skilled human. Ghost connection point is fixed.

Issue: When they get incapacitated, there's a fizzing thing on them, and never disappears after they get back to full health. Somehow they can be rescued and be put into an unowned bed but the health regen is the same as when they're moving around... Not sure if any of these are intended.

Oh dear, they're supposed to explode instead of being incapacitated. That's been fixed.

Now I'm intrigued to have a new 'race' that's faster moving (than human) mechanized humanoid and great at everything. hehe :)

Indeed! One of the things I loved most about Dwarf Fortress was how variable dwarves could be, and how you'd get attached to the exceptional ones. Colonists aren't quite as diverse yet; a high-level shooter is still pretty fragile.

leemaths

I tried using this mod along with the droids mod and while I could set up a bill to create droid parts, my colonists just would not make them, no matter how many dead mechanoids or dead support droids (from droids mod) I had. I tried without the droids mod and I was able to craft droid parts normally. 

Battlemage15

mispy, I think you've made an excellent mod here.  It fits the setting well and having a mechanoid tank with a minigun supporting my colonists was one of the best feelings of military progress I have felt in this game.  I think keeping them as self-sufficient works for now; perhaps just have a 'charge' time when they must remain a 'building' hooked to power (maybe a few days) and then, once they are fully charged, their reactor becomes self sustaining, so they never need it again.

Also, talking to them making them happy - definitely a feature, not a bug ;)

NephilimNexus

Oh noes, you've tamed Chtorran gastropedes to fight for your colony?  Renegades!

Kumai0214

I also found out that this mod is incompatible with Better Power+ I think. Earlier today while playing my Randy Random playthrough and had a fairly nice base set up. I constructed 2 centipedes, but then my screen began to flicker constantly and when one of my colonists started to stress out and it constantly kept spamming the colonist is stressed message until it reached the bottom of my screen and it kept spamming the alert sound. There is a possible chance it isn't since I also added 2 other mods which were Dresser and improvised explosive + trap pack? I forget if those 2 were both in the same mod or if they were separate.

dragon2112

I encountered a bug where colonists have mechanoid back stories in game (raiders and world generation also slave traders) plz fix its getting annoying trying to find someone without the mechnoid backstory

spatula

heheh my mecha was like a never-sleeping slow-as-hell colonist with all the skills disabled, but still able to do shit... he was building and all that.. i thought he was special, but i guess it's just a bug... :(

i did get a glitch where centipedes would just spontaneously explode when walking over a certain part of the map- enemy or colonist-built.... not sure if it is something from this mod or something else, just reporting what happen.

piinatsu

Mechanoids didn't spawn at all. At first I thought it was mod incompatibility so I disabled other mods but Mechatronics.
Even after that nothing changed. Am I missing something?

EruPL

Quote from: piinatsu on June 27, 2014, 12:25:03 PM
Mechanoids didn't spawn at all. At first I thought it was mod incompatibility so I disabled other mods but Mechatronics.
Even after that nothing changed. Am I missing something?

Maybe this:

QuoteMaking a Mechanoid

To construct a mechanoid, you first have to defeat one and disassemble it at the machining table. You'll also need the research prerequisite, and some metal:

Research Machining and then Mechatronics
    Build a Machining Table
    Disassemble an enemy mechanoid to produce 5 Mechanoid Parts
    Acquire 500 metal
    Build "Mechanoid Centipede" as a building under the Security tab

Kumai0214

If you were trying to spawn pawns via developer mode, then it won't work. You can cheat some in with god mode or if you want to be attacked by some so you can dismantle them then you'll have to progress further and obtain a high amount of wealth. Eventually a hive of mechanoids will arrive on the map and attack you. It varies on how many. I use randy random especially since I use custom events so They've seen like 2-3 mechs at me a few times.

piinatsu

I used Random Randy and have researched Machining and Mechatronics, the only thing I'm missing is Mechanoid Parts and till day 150 or so there weren't any Mechanoids. So, I just have to wait until some Mechanoids arrive? Are there any prerequisites in order for them to appear? How far must I progress?