[MOD] (Alpha 6) Embrasures v2.0.5

Started by PunisheR007, June 09, 2014, 04:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefftan

Quote from: billerinstinct on June 16, 2014, 09:11:56 PM
Yeah, my turrets act strange on the alpha 4 update. They don't seem to find targets or something if I have embrasures around.
I came through the same problem before and now I figure it out. All we have to do is keeping a path available from our turrets to our enemies. The path can have sandbags or other passable objects in it but not any door. Hope this help :)

mrofa

Kinda wierd i did based my fences on embrasures in clutter and they work fine with turrets even the high one.
All i do is clutter all around.

Jaxxa

I am getting the same issue with the clutter metal fence.

I would guess it is some form of optimization that has been added to the game as there isn't any usual way to fire through impassable walls, to it is not bothered checking for target outside the area it is in.

mrofa

Found the problem

If i seal the back entrance with wall or doors turrets wont see targets but with the hole as it is now, they shoot thrugh fence without problem.
im not sure how to fix that other than alter bullet flight path class.
All i do is clutter all around.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: mrofa on June 28, 2014, 07:46:34 AM
Found the problem
http://s11.postimg.org/ay5fz21mb/screenshot3.png

If i seal the back entrance with wall or doors turrets wont see targets but with the hole as it is now, they shoot thrugh fence without problem.
im not sure how to fix that other than alter bullet flight path class.

It must have something to do with the regions, then?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

PunisheR007

Jaxxa

Awesome, looks like the issue with turrets firing out has been fixed.

PunisheR007

Quote from: jaxxa on July 05, 2014, 01:14:44 AM
Awesome, looks like the issue with turrets firing out has been fixed.

Very nice

TezzaMM

One of my favourite mods so far (I'm pretty new to the game). Gives a great feeling of firing from fortifications to defend your colony.  Thanks for this.

PunisheR007

Quote from: TezzaMM on July 07, 2014, 04:58:49 AM
One of my favourite mods so far (I'm pretty new to the game). Gives a great feeling of firing from fortifications to defend your colony.  Thanks for this.

Cheers Tezza, im glad your having fun with it, i love this mod also.
Sunspots did a damn fine job putting it together, and i brought it upto date for alpha 4 - 5.
Im going to add a reinforced metal embrasures and fire proof metal embrasures research.
Like the ones i added to my cannons and turrets mod, an update will be up later on tonight.

WolfgangPolska

Can you add log, and wood embrasures aswell? Wood is very cheap, so you can bulid temporary defense points .
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

PunisheR007

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on July 09, 2014, 02:39:34 AM
Can you add log, and wood embrasures aswell? Wood is very cheap, so you can bulid temporary defense points .

I certainly can i just need to leave abcdef a pm,
to let him know im using his wood and log embrasures in my updated alpha 5 version of embrasures.

I'll have the update up very shortly. :)
Cheers

PunisheR007

update is up, i really want to find another place to upload my files that is better than mediafire,
i like mediafire, but some don't like it.
Cheers!

Lestrade

The new Version gives me some Errors right after starting Rimworld:

Failed to find inheritance parent named EmbrasureBase for ThingDef. Full text follows.

<ThingDef ParentName="EmbrasureBase"><defName>LogWallEmbrasure</defName><eType>Wall</eType><label>Log Embrasure</label><texturePath>Things/Building/EmbrasureWoodLog</texturePath><menuIconPath>Things/Building/Linked/WallLog_MenuIcon</menuIconPath><maxHealth>300</maxHealth><flammability>1</flammability><description>An opening in the log wall allows shooting and throwing grenades from the safety of your home.</description><workToBuild>20</workToBuild><fillPercent>0.9</fillPercent><linkFlags><li>WallLog</li><li>WallWood</li></linkFlags><costList><li><thingDef>WoodLog</thingDef><count>8</count></li></costList><constructionEffect>ConstructWood</constructionEffect><soundBulletHit>BulletImpactWood</soundBulletHit><filthLeavings><li><thingDef>SlagRubble</thingDef><count>2</count></li></filthLeavings></ThingDef>

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

XML error: <menuIconPath>Things/Building/Linked/WallLog_MenuIcon</menuIconPath> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Failed to find inheritance parent named EmbrasureBase for ThingDef. Full text follows.

<ThingDef ParentName="EmbrasureBase"><defName>WoodWallEmbrasure</defName><eType>Wall</eType><label>Wood Embrasure</label><texturePath>Things/Building/EmbrasureWood</texturePath><menuIconPath>Things/Building/Linked/WallWood_MenuIcon</menuIconPath><maxHealth>130</maxHealth><flammability>1</flammability><description>An opening in the log wall allows shooting and throwing grenades from the safety of your home.</description><workToBuild>45</workToBuild><fillPercent>0.9</fillPercent><transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower><linkFlags><li>WallWood</li><li>WallMetal</li><li>WallStone</li><li>WallBrick</li><li>WallMud</li></linkFlags><costList><li><thingDef>WoodLog</thingDef><count>8</count></li></costList><constructionEffect>ConstructWood</constructionEffect><soundBulletHit>BulletImpactWood</soundBulletHit><filthLeavings><li><thingDef>SlagRubble</thingDef><count>2</count></li></filthLeavings></ThingDef>

XML error: <menuIconPath>Things/Building/Linked/WallWood_MenuIcon</menuIconPath> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

XML error: <transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.

Config error in LogWallEmbrasure: LogWallEmbrasure has null thingClass.

Config error in WoodWallEmbrasure: WoodWallEmbrasure has null thingClass.

PunisheR007

sorry about that, i will have it fixed in asap.
will post when fixed, won't take long at all.

Cheers