[MOD] (Alpha 6) Embrasures v2.0.5

Started by PunisheR007, June 09, 2014, 04:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LORDPrometheus

I'd sooner learn to write an XML file for the game and make my own mod than play without this!

That is not an offer!

skullywag

Is OP updating this? if not ill happily get it running on A7 at least without the "stuff" implementation for now.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

PunisheR007

Quote from: skullywag on October 06, 2014, 05:48:28 PM
Is OP updating this? if not ill happily get it running on A7 at least without the "stuff" implementation for now.

I will be updating embrasures today,  the first mod im updating is cannons and turrets, then this will be next. Along with all my other mods and mods i have been keeping upto date for others. Sorry for the delays, i have been very busy since i got back from overseas holiday

Cheers!!! :)

diegopesente

skullywag

Quote from: PunisheR007 on October 06, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

I will be updating embrasures today,  the first mod im updating is cannons and turrets, then this will be next. Along with all my other mods and mods i have been keeping upto date for others. Sorry for the delays, i have been very busy since i got back from overseas holiday

Ah no worries, if you need a hand just shout.

PunisheR007

Quote from: skullywag on October 06, 2014, 08:44:43 PM
Quote from: PunisheR007 on October 06, 2014, 07:29:16 PM

Ah no worries, if you need a hand just shout.

I thought i would have had the time to update my mods, but alot of changes have been made, and i really didn't have the time.
I am sorry for saying i would update them, but when you get stumped, it's time to hand the reigns over to the ones who can and have time to update them.
I will return, there's no doubt about that.

Cheers skullywag

PunisheR007  8)

Ruin

This one is so very popular.  Any chance we could incorporate it into vanilla RimWorld for A8 (or some future release) Tynan?

skullywag

Punisher is that a greenlight on me updating?

Jaxxa

Quote from: skullywag on October 07, 2014, 08:09:41 AM
Punisher is that a greenlight on me updating?

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6661.0

He has given permission for anyone to use the mods, so from that point of view you are good to go.

If you just want to play the mod I will be looking at updating it tomorrow and integrating it into my mod.
But don't let that stop you if you want to mod it too.

skullywag

im almost done, was only the text path and stats changes to the defs, 1 thing is stumping though, has Tynan changed how to use research mods:

<researchMods>
      <li>
        <targetDefTypeName>ThingDef</targetDefTypeName>
        <targetDefName>MetalWallEmbrasure</targetDefName>
        <targetFieldName>maxHealth</targetFieldName>
        <targetValInt>450</targetValInt>
      </li>
    </researchMods>

that doesnt work anymore...

RemingtonRyder

Um, looking at the Buildings_Structure.xml, it seems that maxHealth has been changed to MaxHealth.  Case sensitivity?

skullywag

Quote from: marvinkosh on October 07, 2014, 09:28:30 AM
Um, looking at the Buildings_Structure.xml, it seems that maxHealth has been changed to MaxHealth.  Case sensitivity?

sorry should say it moans about the "targetDefTypeName" and the others. Core seems to use:

<researchMods>
      <li>
        <specialAction>ResearchModsSpecial.GunTurretCooling</specialAction>
      </li>
    </researchMods>

but I think the names have just been changed as thats doing something different really.

RemingtonRyder

It seems like it would still be possible to do it with a DLL mod.  I don't know how difficult that is, but the code to actually upgrade something like max HP is basically one line.

If you're so inclined, get a hold of DotPeek or something similar and take a look in, for example, TTMUpgrade.cs in the TechTreeMinami mod.

Also, since minami26 is waiting on Embrasures to add to the pack, couldn't hurt to ask for some help there. :)

PunisheR007

Whatever Tynan has done, in removing xml defs and so on, is for the better, but to make something and to remove it in the next alpha is mind boggling. It really defeats the purpose of having xml defs, when he takes them out and then makes you learn how to create .dll's and learn c++, which is kinda good, but for people who didn't wish to and didn't have the time, thats who he hurt the most.

S**t happens and life goes on lol.

skullywag

Its only the research that needs it the rest of the mod works fine with just the simple xml defs tweaks that are needed. itd be nice to hear from the man himself on if these research names just changed or have actually been removed.