[MOD] (Alpha 6) Embrasures v2.0.5

Started by PunisheR007, June 09, 2014, 04:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

For sure skullywag, it would be nice to actually know every xml def,
maybe a simple document with every xml def name, with a bit of info on what it does.
That would alleviate any problems moders have when updating their mods. I guess he has to much work on his mind to even think straight.
That would have not taken long, if he created the doc at the start of when he created his first xml def.
I find that alot with small game devs, they could make there work easier, by doing simple things like that.

skullywag

Key part there...."when he created his first xml def" im going to go with its now probably a mammoth job. One that I dont relish the thought of.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Commander Beanbag

I got curious about this and had a look.

Some of these match up. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's possible, but it will indeed be a massive job.

Kirid

Are you doing alright updating this? Code is rather simple. Have you changed it to use the stuff system? It isn't difficult, I can upload a texture if needed.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Jaxxa

I have stuff using embrasures in my enhanced defence mod. Although no research yet.

Kirid

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 09, 2014, 08:58:24 PM
I have stuff using embrasures in my enhanced defence mod. Although no research yet.
Oh awesome, might update it with that info. Though I don't see a need to research walls -with- holes..
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

RemingtonRyder

The research bit makes metal embrasures tougher, basically.

brunayla

Hello All,

I butchered embrasures to "work" in alpha 7.  The are will need a major overhaul to look nice in menu and in the game.  This is the first time I have monkeyed with any type of modding.  I would like to get this working well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c8rz63zwf27ipb/Embrasures%202.0.6.zip?dl=0

Brunayla

brunayla

brunayla

Hay All,
I think that I fixed the textures.  Now it is just time to tweek and balance it.  Any sugestions?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt14lntzr7wgs9p/Embrasures%202.0.8.zip?dl=0

Brunayla

Jimmeh

Thanks heaps for the update :) the only issue I've noticed so far that the research points need to be adjusted for the new scale. 30000 points is massive now when common research is 300-600.

brunayla

I was working to get it to work first then tweek the research.  An other think that I would like to do is have with and without power conduit versions with having the power conduits needing to be researched.

Brunayla

skullywag

I'm guessing the research doesn't work. Which was the reason we didn't update this fully in the first place or did you figure that bit out? I have a completely working version here with fixed textures (brighter) that I've had for a while but wont release it until the research is fixed.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?