Visit other areas?

Started by Scotty, June 09, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Ello,
As you guys know from playing, the player gets visits from other factions from time to time.
It would be nice if you could manually work one of your colonists off the map to view the other settlements, and have your settlement continue functioning. :D

Coenmcj

Well isn't that to the point.
Perhaps you could elaborate on your idea for this?

This has been suggested before in a multitude of other formats and it certainly still has my vote, however much of the faction interaction system needs to be expanded upon before we can even fathom doing this.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: Scotty on June 09, 2014, 06:52:58 PM
Ello,
As you guys know from playing, the player gets visits from other factions from time to time.
It would be nice if you could manually work one of your colonists off the map to view the other settlements, and have your settlement continue functioning. :D

Ahh yes I was thinking the same thing, but also later in the game you could build a ship and choose where you land and raid. That would be cool for alpha 6 or 7. You could also build a mini fort there while your at it.

Pulaskimask

I do hope visiting other places ultimately gets added. At the moment though without more primitive technologies(like a fire pit to cook food) visiting the tribals would be awkward as they would either be eating raw food or using electricity.

Hyperion

Assaulting pirate fortresses and other settlements would be fun too.