[MOD](Alpha 7) BetterQuality

Started by Tsilliev, November 05, 2014, 04:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsilliev

What the mod does is that it adds more research projects which increases the quality of the given object.
  The objects are:
  Geothermal Generator
  Batteries
  Doors

I felt that when I went into mid to late game,there is no more research for me so it kinda gets boring and also hordes of zombies would come upon me and what I needed was
  1. More power for more turrets.
  2. Better doors to withstand ~30 zombies hitting the door at once (usually the door stands for 2 seconds)
  3. Embrasures with more health, (I will add them if I get permission from the creator)
  I may also add other things.

Research goes as:
  Quality Control and Mechanization-> Advanced Doors v2 / Advanced Battery v2 / Advanced Geothermal Generator v2
  Geothermal Generator v2 ->  Geothermal Generator v3 .... -> Geothermal Generator v5
  Advanced Battery v2 -> ...... -> Advanced Battery v5
  Advanced Doors v2 ->  ... -> Advanced Doors v7

Every level increases the object's health,cost,power,storage,work needed to be built and reduce flammability.

Advanced Geothermal Generator v2 research points are 1500 geothermal generator v2 with 650 health,4700 power,costs 450 metal and reduces flammability to 75%

Advanced battery v2 made from better materials, haves 200 health, flammability down to %90, costs 100 metal, stores 2000 energy. 1000 research points.

Advanced Door v2 doubles the health of the door as well as reduces the flammability to %80. 1000 research points.

Advanced Geothermal Generator v5 (final) research points are 10 000, the geothermal generator v5 is with 2100 health,producing 12000 power,costs 1500 metal

Advanced Battery v5 (final) haves 750 health, flammability down to %30, costs 300 metal, stores 6000 energy, efficiency up to %71, research cost 5000.

Advanced Door v7 (final) haves 10 times the health of the original door, 9 times the cost and 10 times more time needed to be built, research costs 10000.

My original idea was to upgrade the already build objects, to upgrade their health and other stats, but for this I need to play around with .dll files and I am not good in that, so for now you will need to either deconstruct old building and build the better one on its place or build the new building at another place.
There may be some bugs and errors that havent caught my eye, I am still testing it.

Download from dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gfyweux0rqmb0l/BetterQuality.rar?dl=0

The mod should be compatible with other mods and also with saves.

And if you want other objects to be included like walls, conduits or even cooking stoves,benches tell me.

When you research something and if you see that higher tier version is available to be built or researched instead of the next in line, tell me again.

if you think something is unbalanced like too low research points and too low cost for materials or the opposite too high, tell me.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

StorymasterQ

This sounds like a good idea.

I think not automatically upgrading already built objects would be the better way to do it. My question is will the obsolete objects still be in the Architect or will the newly researched objects overwrite them? So, after I researched Doors v2, will the original door still be available to be built?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Reysuke

Got an Error :/
Does it have problems with other Mods?

Iwillbenicetou

For the Embrasures, you only need to ask Jaxxa, and still you might not have to.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Halinder

End-tier generators work amazingly for when I want to make random outposts on the map. Tier 5 geothermals can support 34 improvised turrets.

EDIT: Better doors don't actually seem to count as doors, getting the 'sharing bedroom' mood debuff despite every room having at least 2 doors.

skullywag

Go nuts with embasures the original mod creator has not come back and at least 3 people have redone them since. If someone does have an issue you can remove it. Lets not get bogged down when a mod author doesnt update. I havent seen anyone refuse a free update by another modder yet. :)

What i would say is keep them a seperate mod though. Take what the author did and update and release, the reason it wasnt updated fully ws no one could do the research based upgrading and myself/other dll modders didnt have time. Youve proven you can do them so have at it. If you do feel you want to add to it after initial release just post a link to the original updated one on the original thread or something.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tsilliev

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 05, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

I think not automatically upgrading already built objects would be the better way to do it. My question is will the obsolete objects still be in the Architect or will the newly researched objects overwrite them? So, after I researched Doors v2, will the original door still be available to be built?

Yep you will see v2,v3,v4,v5 they pile up.

Quote from: Reysuke on November 05, 2014, 11:09:15 PM

It shouldn't have, from the log i see that there is a problem with EdB Interface, try to go to mods, uncheck it, go to menu then go back, check it and go to menu again.
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 05, 2014, 11:26:36 PM
For the Embrasures, you only need to ask Jaxxa, and still you might not have to.
Quote from: skullywag on November 06, 2014, 03:13:46 AM
Go nuts with embasures the original mod creator has not come back and at least 3 people have redone them since. If someone does have an issue you can remove it. Lets not get bogged down when a mod author doesnt update. I havent seen anyone refuse a free update by another modder yet. :)

What i would say is keep them a seperate mod though. Take what the author did and update and release, the reason it wasnt updated fully ws no one could do the research based upgrading and myself/other dll modders didnt have time. Youve proven you can do them so have at it. If you do feel you want to add to it after initial release just post a link to the original updated one on the original thread or something.
Ok, I am kinda new here, which thread is the original one?
And yes, in the beggining when I was trying to upgrade, it took me a lot of time to understand, but now when I know its easier and faster, copy paste, link the researches, change a few values and your done, but of course adding all objects and adding more levels will surely take more time, I can add up to tier 10 or even 20, it will take time, but I am afraid it will clog up the screen with 10-20 different version of 3-4 objects and you will not be able to see your colony anymore lol, maybe I could make other menus for them I will see.

Quote from: Halinder on November 06, 2014, 12:31:53 AM
End-tier generators work amazingly for when I want to make random outposts on the map. Tier 5 geothermals can support 34 improvised turrets.

EDIT: Better doors don't actually seem to count as doors, getting the 'sharing bedroom' mood debuff despite every room having at least 2 doors.
That's strange, I will take a look. If someone knows the fix, please share with us, I am kind of new to the modding so far.

skullywag

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3961.0

Thats the embrasures orig thread. Probably worth reading the last few pages.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tsilliev

Quote from: skullywag on November 06, 2014, 04:01:10 AM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3961.0

Thats the embrasures orig thread. Probably worth reading the last few pages.
Thanks.

edit: Ok if I make some upgrades I will make sure to post the link there as well.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Tsilliev on November 06, 2014, 03:50:59 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 05, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

Yep you will see v2,v3,v4,v5 they pile up.

Quote from: Reysuke on November 05, 2014, 11:09:15 PM

It shouldn't have, from the log i see that there is a problem with EdB Interface, try to go to mods, uncheck it, go to menu then go back, check it and go to menu again.
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on November 05, 2014, 11:26:36 PM
Quote from: skullywag on November 06, 2014, 03:13:46 AM

Ok, I am kinda new here, which thread is the original one?
And yes, in the beggining when I was trying to upgrade, it took me a lot of time to understand, but now when I know its easier and faster, copy paste, link the researches, change a few values and your done, but of course adding all objects and adding more levels will surely take more time, I can add up to tier 10 or even 20, it will take time, but I am afraid it will clog up the screen with 10-20 different version of 3-4 objects and you will not be able to see your colony anymore lol, maybe I could make other menus for them I will see.

Quote from: Halinder on November 06, 2014, 12:31:53 AM

That's strange, I will take a look. If someone knows the fix, please share with us, I am kind of new to the modding so far.

PLS guys.. Those are NOT errors. You can ignore them safely

Tsilliev

Quote from: JuliaEllie on November 07, 2014, 08:49:29 PM
PLS guys.. Those are NOT errors. You can ignore them safely

I thought so.