[W|0.4.466] Survival Meals taking precedence over simple and Fine meals

Started by Coenmcj, June 10, 2014, 04:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Version Found - 0.4.466, Alpha 4F
Summary - Colonists will choose to eat Survival meals when there are simple or fine meals available.

Steps to Reproduce -
1. Have simple,fine and survival meals available in the stockpile
2. Colonist gets hungry and chooses survival meal.

Expected Results - I expected the colonists to choose a higher quality meal, eg. The fine meal

Actual Results - The colonists chose to eat the survival meals before they ate a simple or fine meal in the same stockpile.

Notes - However, Lavish meals we're unaffected, staying at the top of the food chain.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Haplo

As far as I know the survival meal are a kind of.. I don't quite remember: fine meal or lavish meal.
So yes, the colonists will always choose them over your simple meal :)

Coenmcj

But the fine meal produces a buff, while the survival meal does not, I would assume that would be a higher preference than the other.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Darth Fool

<bump>

To add to this, the colonist will walk all the way across the map to get a survival meal instead of eating the meal right next to him.  Survival meals should be better than raw, but worse than simple meals.  It is a real pain to horde survival meals because you basically have to do it manually, even though they are very handy to have in reserve for extended power outages, chef injuries, or other unforeseen cooking disasters.