Prisoner Question

Started by harley9699, June 10, 2014, 06:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harley9699

I'll probably have more of these later, as I'm still learning.
So, I captured a prisoner. Then later recruited him. Now, though, I'd like to enslave him to sell off. How do I do that? Is there a way to do that? Because now, he's almost worthless (other than just eating [and pooping])

drb89

Draft another colonist, then right click the guy you want to arrest and you'll get the option to do so :)

harley9699

Cool! Thanks. I'm slowly getting the pieces of this...

TheXIIILightning

Be careful that if you arrest and enslave one of your own Colonist, you will generate a lot of 'Fear' among ALL of them for a few days. I can't remember how much and how it affects you on the long run, but it's definitely something to watch out for if you're running low on sanity.

harley9699

Thanks, I'll remember that. The sanity's already long go..............oh wait! you meant the sanity of the people in the game. That's different.  :)

Untrustedlife

Quote from: TheXIIILightning on June 10, 2014, 09:04:35 PM
Be careful that if you arrest and enslave one of your own Colonist, you will generate a lot of 'Fear' among ALL of them for a few days. I can't remember how much and how it affects you on the long run, but it's definitely something to watch out for if you're running low on sanity.

You have the wrong idea about how fear works, if one wants to, they can keep colonists afraid , and the fear bar will replace the loyalty bar (fear generates loyalty), but it only generates loyalty if fear is higher then happiness. (so you can play in two alternative ways)

You can also recruit people using fear instead of happiness (makes recruiting MUCH MUCH easier ) (But if you rely on happiness for colonists and fear for recruiting you newly recruited colonists's loyalty will be very low for awhile until they are happy again.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK