[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Flamethrower II

Started by SlimeCrusher, June 10, 2014, 06:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

The Flamethrower Mod II

Introduction:

As some of you may remember, there was a mod called the "Flamethrower" mod (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2318.0), wich basically added a flamethrower and a cryothrower, sadly that mod is currently DEAD...
Now that Alpha 4 is out, i decided to work on it again, but because of how outdated it is, i basically started from scratch, to create, well, the Flamethrower Mod II!
Currently is on a very alpha state, i want to remake everything that was on the original mod, and then go and add more things, such a Military Flamethrower, a Biothrower and maybe even add custom raiders and a custom event! Also note im the original creator of this mod.

Features/Changelog:
(New!) Version 0.5:
-New gun: Biothrower (Still a WIP, needs a sound)
-Fixed the sound on the Flamethrower
Version 0.1:
-New gun: Flamethrower.

Todo list:

-Add different types of flamethrowers.
-Fix the sound (Yea, that still persists :p) and check if the sound i choose is nice to hear.
-Add a custom event.
-Add a pyroman raider (if possible).

Mod team:

Currently im developing this myself, but help is appreciated :)

(That images only show the Flamethrower, i can upload the other weapons too, but its more fun to find out yourself!)
Download:

Expect an unfinished, and probably not working as expected mod, please bear in mind that this is just an alpha.
Click here to Download Flamethrower II Version 0.5
Important stuff:

Please don't redistribute without my permission, you can modify it for personal use if you want, but if you want to publish a modified version of this mod ask me first. Its fine if you use the idea, actually, the idea is not mine, i found it on a post Entityofsin did, he was talking about a healing laser that could use multiple "bullets" to simulate the effect of a laser.

moredrowsy

Great job. Will the line of fire dmg everything in its path, including your own men?

Garen

sounds awesome could the enemies with the thrower(s) be mid game mechanoids?

also maybe a late game one that uses all of them?

dragon2112

if enemys have flame throwers could there be a way to put out colonists who are on fire faster?

SlimeCrusher

The fire line currently acts  as a stream of bullets, it only damages things on its "end"
Yea, i may think on instead of adding a raider, add a mechanoid! :D
I don't actually know about that one, but currently its not very OP, it deals 1 damage per bullet "flame" and it barely burns, so yea :p

Edit: A little bit of an update, got the Biothrower working nicely, currently its a green creature that vomits acid, right now its just the Flamethrower with a different texture, a different bullet, increased damage, decreased bullets per shot (If you don't know, the flamethrower basically is a weapon that shoots bullets at a very fast rate, and those bullets are disguised as flames) and decreased fire rate.
Next up is the Military Flamethrower :D

SlimeCrusher

Update 0.5 is done! Added the biothrower i was talking about and fixed the sound on the flamethrower, and some other tweaks i may not remember :D
Check the OP (Opening page...) to download it

Geoblazer5