Perfect: RimWorld is what happens when you lose in Faster Than Light!

Started by Ramsis, June 13, 2014, 11:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Think about it folks! Your ship gets taken out at the last minute while trying to get some sensitive information out to stop the evil forces harassing you and your crew ends up saved at the last moment by the emergency pods! Suddenly you're put on some strange new planet out in who knows where trying to survive long enough to build up your ship and go back to the task at hand.

Seriously this will have to be like a Challenge thing for Rimworld/FTL players where you play a round of FTL and when you die you have to start a RimWorld colony until you get a new ship running then you can try again at FTL.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Ivia

This mean we can have a mod like Rimworld:AfterFTL, really story feeling xD

jjgoldman

I like it.  Time to play some FTL followed by some Rimworld!  Have to play Human though to keep the feel.

linkxsc

Well it might be a little speculation on my part byt it appears that ty was having thoughts of some little space game early on (the spaceship game in the prototype pack)

Lagell Sasen

Quote from: linkxsc on June 13, 2014, 12:10:03 PM
Well it might be a little speculation on my part byt it appears that ty was having thoughts of some little space game early on (the spaceship game in the prototype pack)
Maybe Hopefully it's going to be combined somehow in the future

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Lagell Sasen on June 13, 2014, 01:47:44 PM
Quote from: linkxsc on June 13, 2014, 12:10:03 PM
Maybe Hopefully it's going to be combined somehow in the future
Doubt it.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Tynan

What's funny is I'm just putting in the ship construction ending, which would send you back into space in a small ship.

So yeah! Play FTL -> Lose FTL-> Play RimWorld -> Win RimWorld ->Play FTL -> Lose FTL -> repeat!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ramsis

Quote from: Tynan on June 13, 2014, 02:33:08 PM
What's funny is I'm just putting in the ship construction ending, which would send you back into space in a small ship.

So yeah! Play FTL -> Lose FTL-> Play RimWorld -> Win RimWorld ->Play FTL -> Lose FTL -> repeat!

Woo!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Col_Jessep

Ermagerd, I want Mantis, Engis and Rockmen now! I think I found most of the necessary files to mod already.

PS: Well, that would have been too easy...

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

christhekiller

Would definitely be interesting having Rockmen and Mantis' fighting off raiders instead of all humans

killerx243

Quote from: Tynan on June 13, 2014, 02:33:08 PM

I hope you're serious, because I would play that all them time.

linkxsc

Quote from: Col_Jessep on June 13, 2014, 04:33:58 PM
Ermagerd, I want Mantis, Engis and Rockmen now! I think I found most of the necessary files to mod already.

PS: Well, that would have been too easy...

Heh engis have mad repair research and construction bonuses. Rocks have mad hp and aue melee. Mantis are fast and have good single targe melee. Zoltans power circuits nearby and charge batteries, but take damage in the rain. Slugs... dunno really. But yeah lol mods in the future

Battlemage15

Someone has to do this; sorry fellas

Rimworld's two core setting concepts are A) No sentient alien life and B) No Faster Than Light travel.  FTL has both.  They cannot exist in the same universe.

I'm a hardcore setting nerd.  I couldn't help but post this.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Battlemage15 on June 14, 2014, 01:14:38 AM
Someone has to do this; sorry fellas

Rimworld's two core setting concepts are A) No sentient alien life and B) No Faster Than Light travel.  FTL has both.  They cannot exist in the same universe.

I'm a hardcore setting nerd.  I couldn't help but post this.

Im the same way, KEEP WITH THE LORE GUYS!
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK