A Question

Started by emreakyel, October 29, 2013, 03:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emreakyel

When i was playing the Rimworld in phoebe friendly.Pirate raids suddenly stopped.I have about 16 people now.Also slave traders are not coming too.And there is no travellers left.Is it bug.Or the game doesn't want me to grow up more ?

Version 0.0.232

British

I'd go out on a limb and say that this question would be better in the Support forum...

It would also help to know which version you are using.

General Lynore

Hey! This is a super-duper game, and I love how involved the developers are in the community!

I've hit a similar snag to the OP. I was also playing Friendly (version 0.0.254), and I have the same issue. I'm on day 75 or so. Trade ships come pretty frequently, but it's a random mix of industrial and farming vessels - I haven't seen a slaver since the first one a few days in. Because it's an easier level, the raids are infrequent (every 10 days or so) and usually drop damaged raiders; however, I don't seem to have the option to capture them regardless of their health.

Let me know if I can provide more useful information; I'd really like to expand my prison. Err, my colony. I meant colony.

Zorbane

emreakyel your version is really old.  Install the 254b build (this goes for you too General Lynore!)

General Lynore

Quote from: Zorbane on November 15, 2013, 08:12:04 PM
emreakyel your version is really old.  Install the 254b build (this goes for you too General Lynore!)

A) You're right. 0.0.254 is the display number on the start screen, but the folder and file name include the 'b', and having downloaded it two days ago, I'm going to operate under the assumption that I do have the latest version.

B) I lied. I'm on day 90. Still no slaver. I'm looking to learn whether this is a bug or if I need support.

Zorbane

Ok you have the right version!

What must be happening is that the game is just adjusting to how many colonists you have, once you reach a certain point it stops giving you free colonists (including slave traders).

General Lynore

Quote from: Zorbane on November 15, 2013, 11:36:26 PM
Ok you have the right version!

What must be happening is that the game is just adjusting to how many colonists you have, once you reach a certain point it stops giving you free colonists (including slave traders).

Sounds about right. I like that the 'storyteller' is adaptive, but I'm having trouble capturing injured raiders. The option never comes up in the interaction menus. Am I doing it wrong?

Zorbane

Quote from: General Lynore on November 16, 2013, 01:13:32 AM
Sounds about right. I like that the 'storyteller' is adaptive, but I'm having trouble capturing injured raiders. The option never comes up in the interaction menus. Am I doing it wrong?

The chance is just lower, the raiders are all dying instead of getting incapacitated.  In my classic Cassandra game I'm capturing a raider every several attacks.

If you want to make it more likely to get new colonists change your save game to Randy Random.

open up your save file in a text editor (it's just a big xml file)
Find this : <Storyteller Class="something">
change the class to "Storyteller_Random"

General Lynore

Quote from: Zorbane on November 16, 2013, 03:51:29 PM
Quote from: General Lynore on November 16, 2013, 01:13:32 AM

The chance is just lower, the raiders are all dying instead of getting incapacitated.  In my classic Cassandra game I'm capturing a raider every several attacks.

If you want to make it more likely to get new colonists change your save game to Randy Random.

open up your save file in a text editor (it's just a big xml file)
Find this : <Storyteller Class="something">
change the class to "Storyteller_Random"

Fabulous! I might abuse save/load to see what those chances are; I've had a total of about 30 raiders over the 10 or so raids, and no incapacitations. Do you think using lower-powered weapons or colonists with lower melee skill-levels would increase the chances of an incapacitation?

Zorbane

Quote from: General Lynore on November 16, 2013, 11:54:34 PM
Fabulous! I might abuse save/load to see what those chances are; I've had a total of about 30 raiders over the 10 or so raids, and no incapacitations. Do you think using lower-powered weapons or colonists with lower melee skill-levels would increase the chances of an incapacitation?

What kind of weapons do you use?  I use a combination of M-16s and M-24s.  The chances are still really low though, I don't get incapacitated people often.

General Lynore

Quote from: Zorbane on November 17, 2013, 03:14:17 AM

What kind of weapons do you use?  I use a combination of M-16s and M-24s.  The chances are still really low though, I don't get incapacitated people often.

I had been using a mix of sniper rifles (M-24s) and pistols and got the results previously mentioned. I just ran a save/load test with my turrets (for speed) on a three-raider party. After the sixth run, I let one of the raiders stay dead (grenadier made the test slower and more variable).

Tests 1-6: 0 incaps (18 chances).
Tests 7-35: 0 incaps (58 chances). 

I think I'll try changing the storyteller temporarily to see if the chances improve.

Edit: Storyteller changed to Random. 40 tests (with two raiders), 0 incaps. Frustration station! Is there a hard cap on number of colonists?

Zorbane

Quote from: General Lynore on November 17, 2013, 12:38:32 PM
I had been using a mix of sniper rifles (M-24s) and pistols and got the results previously mentioned. I just ran a save/load test with my turrets (for speed) on a three-raider party. After the sixth run, I let one of the raiders stay dead (grenadier made the test slower and more variable).

Tests 1-6: 0 incaps (18 chances).
Tests 7-35: 0 incaps (58 chances). 

I think I'll try changing the storyteller temporarily to see if the chances improve.

Edit: Storyteller changed to Random. 40 tests (with two raiders), 0 incaps. Frustration station! Is there a hard cap on number of colonists?

Not sure if there's a hardcap.

My current colony is at 21 people