[1.0] Run and Hide

Started by System.Linq, March 17, 2018, 04:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

Run and Hide solves the problem of colonists getting themselves killed by fleeing into unsafe places (i.e. away from the colony, into corners, etc.) by allowing the player to place a marker which designates a spot that the colonist can run to for safety. Colonists will flee to the nearest pre-placed bunker spot whenever they run into danger.

Compatible with every mod and can be installed on existing saves.

Download
I recommend you download it from the Steam Workshop to receive automatic updates. Visit the Steam Workshop page to subscribe here.

If you do not have RimWorld on Steam, but you have a forums account, you can also download it manually through the attachment. Note that the mod requires HugsLib to function.

License
Can include in modpacks with credit. Can reuse/edit code with credit.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Saebbi

Thank you for this, sadly there is no attachment visible, could you please upload here?
I'm super duper cereal!

kraftwerkd

This is exactly what RimWorld needed!

DiamondBorne

Reminds me of the strategic retreat/regroup point in Company of heroes. Very useful.

Harry_Dicks

Could you make the mod also add a flashing black/yellow banner of caution stripes around any fleeing colonists' icon in the bar up top? (similar to the black/yellow caution stripes you've used in the OP) I made a post in the suggestions a long time ago and it got a few comments in approval. I think a lot of us would like to have something that could at least better grab our attention, so that we could manually direct things for fleeing pawns if need be.

If you can't do this, I understand. Either way, thanks this! :)

System.Linq

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 17, 2018, 08:12:18 PM
Could you make the mod also add a flashing black/yellow banner of caution stripes around any fleeing colonists' icon in the bar up top? (similar to the black/yellow caution stripes you've used in the OP) I made a post in the suggestions a long time ago and it got a few comments in approval. I think a lot of us would like to have something that could at least better grab our attention, so that we could manually direct things for fleeing pawns if need be.

If you can't do this, I understand. Either way, thanks this! :)

Maybe if I get the time, but this was a very simple mod (so simple that colonists will still flee to the bunker spots if they are NOT safe, though it certainly feels more like your fault when they do). I might suggest that running at 2x/3x speed does bring this to your attention when the combat slows it to 1x automatically.

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for the quick reply! Also I'm curious, why do you include buildingbase in the xml defs?

System.Linq

crossomen

Hi, any news for 1.0, without this mod my pawn always run to hell while fleeing . :-[

System.Linq