[v1.0] Jernfalk's Standalone Horses (v1.03) (25/Oct/2018) (w/ A Dog Said patch)

Started by Jernfalk, March 17, 2018, 02:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jernfalk

Description

Adds two variations of horses to RimWorld. If combined with the Giddy-Up! Mod by Roolo, it offers a great transport option for combat and caravanning. By itself, it offers delicious horse meat.

The textures and .XML where taken from Thirite's outdated mod "Taiga Creatures", modified and updated to B18 and beyond.

This is my first attempt at modding and is supposed to offer the option of having horses to those who don't fancy installing modpacks with several animals.

Regular horse

Regular horses that can be naturally found on both Boreal and Temperate forests, they make great pets and caravan animals.

Wooly horse

More used to cold environments, this variation of horse can be naturally found on Tundras as well as Boreal Forests. They are much slower and wilder than regular horses but are able to survive in much lower temperatures.

Download
v1.0:

Older versions:
Dropbox - B18 - v1.02

Patches
v1.0:
A Dog Said... Patch:

Compatibility
Compatible with Combat Extended without the need for extra downloads for B18.
Should be compatible with pretty much everything. Including other mods that have horses in it. Please tell me if it conflicts with something and I'll do my best to make them compatible.
Safe to install on old saves, but I can't promise anything about being safe to remove. Maybe if you make all horses disappear and destroy all meat/leather. Even then, I promise nothing.

License
Can include in modpacks with credit. Can reuse/edit code with credit.

Special Thanks
Alistaire - For helping to make this mod compatible with Combat Extended on B18.

Komurin

Hey,

well done with the art style, perfect that you kept it vanilla-esque.

haven't had a compatibility error yet.

Keep up the awesome work! :)

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for this. I had seen the textures before and thought about something similar.

Quote from: Komurin on March 17, 2018, 02:23:22 PM
::)

Jernfalk

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 17, 2018, 08:05:03 PM
Thanks for this. I had seen the textures before and thought about something similar.
Quote from: Komurin on March 17, 2018, 02:23:22 PM
Hey,
haven't had a compatibility error yet.
Keep up the awesome work! :)

Yeah, that bothered me too xD I'm glad you appreciated

Daelight

Jernfalk

Quote from: Daelight on March 31, 2018, 12:54:25 PM
What's the speed of the horse?

It's set as 8 for regular horses and 6,5 for wooly horses.

Jernfalk

Updated to version v1.01:
Changed growth curve of horses to match that of Cows. It should be a lot easier to breed them.

WolfgangPolska

I believe it is not compatible with combat extended, is it?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Jernfalk

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on May 27, 2018, 12:33:32 PM
I believe it is not compatible with combat extended, is it?

It shouldn't cause any crashes or similar problems, but it doesn't have combat extended mechanics implemented. I might check out how to do it one day and make a patch.

Alistaire

CombatExtended currently has an unreleased Jernfalk Standalone Horses patch on Github.

Jernfalk

Quote from: Alistaire on May 31, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
CombatExtended currently has an unreleased Jernfalk Standalone Horses patch on Github.

Oh my. Is that your handiwork? Some adds, some replaces, nice! Can I add that to the main post?

Alistaire

You would need to rewrite it in a form that it detects CE, or request users to drag it into their CombatExtended installation, for the patch to work. Other than that sure do whatever you want with it :)

Jernfalk

Mod has been updated to be compatible with CE! Thanks Alistaire for the help =D I really appreciate it. (That Modcheck dll is yummy)

Jernfalk

Berserk

Could you please make a compatibility patch so this works with A Dog Said? Really want that bionic horse haha