[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Just updated the Rimmu-Nation weapons test mod

same link as last page here:

Note: I stress this again to newcomers who didn't see the last post, use this test pack at your own risk if you wanna do actual playthroughs with them, things may change and stuff may be removed (probably not though)

Please be aware many things are unpolished and unfinished.

Finished all the bolt actions and additional pistols that needed to be done. It took a while because I just couldn't stop adding a few new tacticool friends.

I finished a few DMRs, they should all be done by today, then I move on to the assault rifles and the melee weapons. (Oh wait, I have to fix the additional SMGs and shotguns first, rop rip rap)

I test EVERY weapon, research about every weapon and their calibres (by research, I mean like looking at wikipedia for 10 seconds), it's been quite fun but I know I can't always 100% accurately interpret these into the vanilla's style. I think it's been paying off, the little test sessions I do with sniper fights have been a blast (literally and metaphorically).

Quote from: Madman666 on September 15, 2018, 07:37:36 AM
I will definitely be testing the feel of weapon balance, though for now in "random skirmish mode" - as in spawning raids and having fun seeing how they perform against each other, since there s still some mods i d like to get updated before i launch a big run. Plus some of them sadly are broken as all hell :P

Yeah, please feel free to gimmie feedback. I remember your old shotgun balancing recommendation still, and it ended up being the current stats having lower range since it actually fits in with the new vanilla style.

Quote from: Rustic Fox on September 15, 2018, 12:15:21 PM
The legend strikes again with another massive news update. With test Versions  ;D

>:( blud

Chicken Plucker

Just leaving it out here as I'm on my way to college.

I have finished the DMRs, I'm on the carbines and rifles now. Took some new and old sound effects, took a ton of new weapons.

I did tests with some raiders, at the moment getting shot with multiple .50 cal rifles hurts a lot, but I never planned on pirates having .50 cal anyway. It really is cool seeing them spawn with diverse weaponry.

I'm glad to say I'm almost done with RN: Weapons, once the rifles are done, I finish a few additional SMGs and shotguns and last but not least the new whacky melee weapons (just the frying pan being whacky really, PUBG pls don't sue rip).

I'm excited to say that after this, RN: Clothes are next up and the furniture mods. There can finally be a Beta 19 world full of soldiers and you can pretend to be a one eyed big boss from metal gear.

Madman666

Madman666

Hey, CP. I have a bit of a request-suggestion for you. I like your spriting art immensely, but i noticed some of those sprites have those half transparent fringes, when positioned on dark backgrounds (like UI info window for example). Apparently its due to Photoshop PNG format being crappy (that is assuming you use photoshop). There is a free plug-in for Photoshop, called SuperPNG, which has an option to clear those fringes and it eliminates them completely, leaving only pristinely clean sprite without any unneeded bits. Might as well use it to polish some sprites if you have the time. If you don't have enough time (you're a busy person), i intend to do that myself eventually. So i could offer you defringed versions, once i am done with them for my run, if you're interested. Yup, thats all. Madman out.

Chicken Plucker

It's coming home, it's coming hoome.. IT'S COMING!

New Rimmu-Nation Clothing main preview

Coding in progress, special thanks to spdskatr for his apparel renaming python code. I didn't have to rename all views, the program did it in a second.

It's been too long, just like old times eh?

Quote from: Madman666 on September 20, 2018, 05:03:29 PM
So i could offer you defringed versions, once i am done with them for my run, if you're interested. Yup, thats all. Madman out.

No need to worry about me Madman, I am not too bothered by those lines, unlike Jecrell who I know claws at the walls until his fingernails fall off. If I did change them, everytime a new clothing or weapon was made I'd have to bloody go through the process.

I just want it all to come home and be released real soon. Please don't go out of your way for this chicken.

Weapons aren't done coding yet, but seeing the clothes again in-game has brought morale up. It's coming home.

Chicken Plucker

Current state of things:

Rimmu Nation Clothing:
- Need non-combat headgear coding
- Need to code benches and categories
- Choose what will spawn for NPCs and what won't
- Choose if players should spawn with clothes on character creation

Rimmu Nation Weapons:
- Need Melee coding
- Need to finish all Rifle coding
- Need to finish 5 more shotgun codings
- AUG WS fix and additional explosives
- Need to code benches and categories
- Sort out weapon tags and choose which weapons will spawn or not

Chicken Mitchell:
- Planned 5-10 more hairstyles

Military Furniture:
- Code everything
- New songs for tacticool radio

Bank account irl:
- Get a bloody job, if its depressing try to keep it together

I would like some opinions, is everyone here unhappy with pirates spawning with camoflauge? they're usually outdated camo, M81, DPM and etc. The M81 IBA too is surplus Afghanistan war stuff from 'Merica, along with the DCU camo gear, so I thought it would make sense militias and bandits would have them.

Here's a few new textures:

New MASKA-1 helmet, all Altyn type helmets and GORKA-4 outfit will now be in Rimmu-Nation, I don't want to make a separate Spetsnaz mod, I thought since these are available to the public, might as well throw it in Rimmu-Nation like I did the Ghillie suit

New Uzi texture (few more new SMGs, mostly WW2 ones like the PPsh, Thompson and MP 40)

These are some old fashioned revolvers, I already had them in but I don't think anybody noticed or cared but I do so here they are. Two skins for the single action army and one Remington 1858. Did my research for these watching The Good, The Bad and the Ugly *wink* *wink* (seriously, I did while coding, the whole movie)

The Remington 1858 was thrown in cause I was updating my mod while watching Django Unchained too the other week, (I play movies or the Bible in the background so I don't die of boredom) and I saw him shoot Leonardo DiCaprio's sister (movie sister, not irl) and Samuel L. Jackson with this so I thought "Yeah, throw that in". This is a specially modified version chambered in .45 colt, since the original Remington 1858 uses an oudated and smaller rimfire cartridge.

I've read that people who do manage to get their hands on these get skilled blacksmiths to convert the chambers into using modern cartridges.

Trench coats are looking mighty fashionable around here.

Shame I'm gonna put them in lootboxes guys, I want the people who purchase these trench coats to have a sense of pride and accomplishment upon giving me their wallet.

Ghillie suit has been modified to be useful outside of combat, it gives 100% hunting stealth, which takes down the chance of wild animals attacking upon being hunted. There's also a forage stat, it works when you're on a caravan.

Here's Hendrick, I sent her out in the wild with no food (standard) just so all of you can see that the forage stat lets her receive food from the wild on-the-go. During the test it's cool to see this stat doesn't work on deserts and ice sheets since there's probably no bushes around to pick berries.

If you were to ever send your colonists with food out there (unlike yours trully) then the forage stat will help reduce consumption, so you will be saving food. Don't worry about Hendrick, I'll teleport her home.. Or will I?

I also just noticed that bedroll add-on, hopefully my sleeping bags will count as bedrolls when they're out.

Helmet ratings:

So not counting the spacer helmet, the worst in terms of protection will be the M1 and progression goes to PASGT having more resistance with sharp, and FAST being superior than the two.

The K6-3, MASKA-1 and Lynx-T helmets have more protection than the FAST, but they are heavier and give less accuracy for shooting than the other western helmets that provide good peripheral vision cause you have a big wall lugging around your face.

Using the new B19 vanilla system, M1 and PASGT protection mainly depends on the material you use for the helmet. FAST and the Russian helmets will always have Plasteel, but the rest of whatever material used for the helmet also affects their protection level.

Body armor ratings:

Again, not counting the Hunter Reactive, the civilian version of the AR500 (name changed from RN500) has about the same protection as Flak vest, just slightly more durability and sharp protection cause I know Flak vests come from Vietnam era designed to stop shrapnel. This is the lightest armor available in Rimmu-Nation hindering speed by only -0.08 cs.

AR500 PMC and Warrior version has the same stats but more durability than the civilian counterpart, but they also assist with weapon cooldown due to the accessories. Speed is hindered by -0.10

Moving on to the big boy that has been transfered to Rimmu-Nation, Russian 6B23-1 vest, it's got slightly more protection than the AR500 steel armors, significantly more durability at 250 but IBA, which has identical protection, has more durability at 300 being the most durable but heaviest armor.

6B23 hinders speed by -0.12 cs while IBA goes with a whomping -0.18 cs.

That's all for now folks, hopefully these two Rimmu-Nation mods are done by next weekend.

Madman666

Hey, thanks for the heads up, CP :) Personally i don't mind some of the pirates showing up in camouflage at all. Space delinquents need to show off after all! Otherwise what kinda pirates are they?

Also about armor balance - though irl stats wise your armors might be close to flak vests, in game flak set is way too useless imo. Its armor rating is about 40%, which with most weapons having armor piercing ranging from 10 to 30% very nearly reduces the chance to mitigate damage at least into a bruise into nothing. The formula goes = "armor rating - weapon's armor piercing vs random number 1-100". If random number is over what we got left from armor rating damage applies, if its over a half of that but less than full - it applies half damage via a bruise and only if its less than half of remaining armor rating - its stopped.

So even a shot from rather weak machine pistol (9% armor piercing) has 69% to ignore flak vest, 15% to get through with a bruise and meager 15% to do nothing! (40%-9%=31% vs 1-100) And thats through a thick metal plate strapped to the chest. Seems way too weak if you ask me. Why sacrifice maneuver speed, when you have like 15% to avoid damage? So i think it could use a solid buff in armor rating.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 07:02:07 AM
Hey, thanks for the heads up, CP :) Personally i don't mind some of the pirates showing up in camouflage at all. Space delinquents need to show off after all! Otherwise what kinda pirates are they?

Also about armor balance - though irl stats wise your armors might be close to flak vests, in game flak set is way too useless imo. Its armor rating is about 40%, which with most weapons having armor piercing ranging from 10 to 30% very nearly reduces the chance to mitigate damage at least into a bruise into nothing. The formula goes = "armor rating - weapon's armor piercing vs random number 1-100". If random number is over what we got left from armor rating damage applies, if its over a half of that but less than full - it applies half damage via a bruise and only if its less than half of remaining armor rating - its stopped.

So even a shot from rather weak machine pistol (9% armor piercing) has 69% to ignore flak vest, 15% to get through with a bruise and meager 15% to do nothing! (40%-9%=31% vs 1-100) And thats through a thick metal plate strapped to the chest. Seems way too weak if you ask me. Why sacrifice maneuver speed, when you have like 15% to avoid damage? So i think it could use a solid buff in armor rating.

Wups, well when I said "close to flak vest stats" I was wrong. I forgot that the new system is different, all AR500 armors do 100% sharp protection, but the IBA and higher grade stuff has slightly more, going 102%, redundant but I thought it was for armor piercing stuff.

Anyway, the durability is what's important, because obviously that 100% protection won't last if you are having a bad day getting peppered by bullets because you walked into the wrong neighbourhood. Is this what you meant?

Canute

CP, with B19 there is no stat degrade on lower durabilty anymore.
A 80% vest got the same stats like a 100% one.

Madman666

And its the same with weaponry! There s no more accuracy reduction with damage to weapons HP, CP. Its gone in B19 :( And yeah 100% armor is much better to have. 40% is really sucky, i don't know why Tynan decided to leave flak set is such crappy state. I mean it is a bit cheap now, but still.

Rocket_Raccoon

Thanks for the update :)
I am totally ok with pirates with camo.

Chicken Plucker

Just got done coding the backpacks, I had the option to add carrying capacity for all clothing but I don't wanna get confused since if the .dll Jecrell made for the backpacks ever break, I'll have to update all the clothing to not have carrying capacity, so they're off for now.

I have a generic military backpack in there as the best one, no Bergen or ALICE pack sadly, would have taken more time to detail those out, but maybe they'll show up for their official factions eh? See those Marines walking around with their huge rucksacks full of crayons and coloring books

Quote from: Canute on September 23, 2018, 07:15:47 AM
CP, with B19 there is no stat degrade on lower durabilty anymore.
A 80% vest got the same stats like a 100% one.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 07:30:32 AM
And its the same with weaponry! There s no more accuracy reduction with damage to weapons HP, CP. Its gone in B19 :( And yeah 100% armor is much better to have. 40% is really sucky, i don't know why Tynan decided to leave flak set is such crappy state. I mean it is a bit cheap now, but still.

This is very sad to hear, I saw in the vanilla coding Tynan wants to overhaul the vanilla combat system anyway, but they kept things the way they are now to avoid a domino effect. It's noted somewhere in the damage defs.

Anyways! At least the current system is good enough for shooty shooty bang bang, I'm happy as long as we all get to look tacticool

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 23, 2018, 07:40:32 AM
Thanks for the update :)
I am totally ok with pirates with camo.

Thank you for the feedback, would anyone else also mind if the character creation screen spawned with the following?

Creation screen reference

- Onskin clothes
- Accessories (Low grade backpacks, harness etc.)
- Non-combat hats
- Jackets and parkas
- Camo uniforms, fatigues etc.

Does anybody want their characters to start bare, start with just the vanilla synthreads or if they wanna spawn with clothes but see the pawn's hairs cause I had hats disabled? Please lemme know guys, RN:Clothing is nearing completion and I wanna not-have to come back on this when it's out in case people don't like the starting stuff

Madman666

Hmm. I usually start with nothing, so i am kinda fine with tacticool clothing both present and not on char generation stage. BIG cudos for backpacks, i hate relying on muffaloes to haul steel from Long Range Mineral Scanner sites. +100 carry weight per person really will alleviate big part of that problem!

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 23, 2018, 09:50:47 AM
Hmm. I usually start with nothing, so i am kinda fine with tacticool clothing both present and not on char generation stage. BIG cudos for backpacks, i hate relying on muffaloes to haul steel from Long Range Mineral Scanner sites. +100 carry weight per person really will alleviate big part of that problem!

Oh you just reminded me Muffalos can only carry up to 73kg, which makes me assume I need to nerf that +100 carry weight.

I know a person can carry twice their own weight, but now I'm having second thoughts to nerf every backpack by 20kg. What do you think Madman?

Edit:

Lookin' tacticool bwois

Madman666

I suggest nerfing them a bit, with 60 and 80 kg weight capacity for civ back and military one respectively. +adding one futuristic-glitterworld (something from DOOM universe) - either uncraftable, or extremely expensive that does add 100-120kg. That d be nice.

You could also make their carry weight bonus depend on their quality, which would be quite interesting to have. Though that d require c#.