[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

The Viking Crusader

Hey CP,
Im using the Red Horse version on Steam Workshop now.

I would like to report a bug maybe? The USMC MRE in the survival vending machine is 500 Silver while all the others are 50 silver. I know crayons provide the best nutrition of all options and is easily worth more silver than the rest. Also if this has been said before sorry im not a good person who reads everyone elses posts.

Again I can not stress enough how much joy your Mods have brought me.

EDIT: It apprears all items in the Survival machine require 1 extra 0 silver as advertised in the info i.e. Medic Bags require 125 silver but when billed ingredients are 1250 silver. Im fine with the higher cost of items as once you get a good enough researcher the black hat prints money so the cost is fine, can you fix the descriptions so they match?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: The Viking Crusader on January 09, 2019, 01:00:46 PM
Hey CP,
Im using the Red Horse version on Steam Workshop now.

I would like to report a bug maybe? The USMC MRE in the survival vending machine is 500 Silver while all the others are 50 silver. I know crayons provide the best nutrition of all options and is easily worth more silver than the rest. Also if this has been said before sorry im not a good person who reads everyone elses posts.

Again I can not stress enough how much joy your Mods have brought me.

EDIT: It apprears all items in the Survival machine require 1 extra 0 silver as advertised in the info i.e. Medic Bags require 125 silver but when billed ingredients are 1250 silver. Im fine with the higher cost of items as once you get a good enough researcher the black hat prints money so the cost is fine, can you fix the descriptions so they match?

Hey Viking! I'll sort out the USMC one cause it's a joke. I changed the mood buff last minute after someone's request, as for the price thing that's what vanilla does and I have no way of directly editing the cost in the description. The only description I can mess with is for the recipe, not for resources like silver being x10

________

Boys and gals I have good news. No pictures but I've been saving money! Which means.. At the 21st I'm gonna ask my boi, the man the myth the legend for..

*drum roll*

"Project Vanguard"

I'm just giving it a cheesy name so it sounds cooler, but it's predicable tanks and helicopters that aren't reliant on the mechanoid race.

No more waiting for spdskatr's mechanoid patch. We'll see where it goes.

Hope you're all as excited as me! A Rimworld where your pawns don't do the lifting for long journeys, your old pal Bradley IFV does it for you

Madman666

I am reeeally curious how exactly it will work without making vehicles function as a faction "tamed" false-mechanoids. Its great news CP. If the guy does it, I am willing to help pay part of the comission, just PM me with a full cost.

Chicken Plucker

Download links are in the first page of this post

(Download link also available upon clicking the image)

Beta version of CQC Takedown, a non-lethal solution for your pawns if you have 8 melee minimum, now people have use for brawlers! They can just drop bodies on the screen without killing them or have to spend bloody hours watching a cat fight.

Here's the deal though, mod isn't very balanced since you knock out other pawns with pretty much metal gear style CQC. Who freakin' cares anyway? Balance went out the window when you entered this thread.

Also the mod is pending an update from Jecrell to have the CQC Takedown cause bruises, at the moment it only causes knock-outs.

Also, right now I'm talking about helicopters with Jecrell. Stand by for any developments, don't want to get anybody excited until there's a beta version working.

(Sample texture, not actually going to be used)

Here's the list of rules I dumped on Jecrell, hope it's not too intimidating for him:
- Helicopters are building objects like drop pods
- Helicopters must not disappear out of the map like drop pods do even if pawns aren't there
- Helicopters must not disappear upon touching a green zone during attacks on faction bases if stationary
- Helicopters can leave using the green zone during attacks if on hover mode

- Refuelable with chemfuel, high capacity preferrably customizable so I can have different types
- Customizable mass capacities for travelling and carrying extra stuff
- Customizable to have turrets
- Custom sounds on take off, landing and flying helicopter sounds
- Slower speed upon take off and flight than drop pods
- Pawns inside helicopter can shoot, like a bunker

- Medical tending automatically happens inside helicopter in case someone is loaded inside wounded, similar to caravans
- Right clicking pawns show "carry to helicopter" if a helicopter is present
- Helicopter has to have a pilot to take off, minimum research of 8

- Animation rocks back and forth and not still like drop pods during flight (optional)
- Alternate sprite when Helicopter is flying or stationary
- Stationary mode fades out any helicopter sound effects

- Helicopters crash in the case of taking off during the start of a solar flares or too much damage sustained on take-off
- Crashes cause pawns to be downed, customizable chance for death
- Everything within a crashed helicopter is released, like a cargo pod releasing items, however the helicopter isn't destroyed, just new texture swapped
- Alternate texture when helicopter is destroyed, like a ship chunk that can be disassembled
- Solar flares disable helicopters

- Helicopters turns into caravans when landing in world map
- If player settles on the helicopter spot, it has to be on stationary mode
- If merged with a caravan and mass over-exceeds what the helicopter can carry, the caravan cannot move at helicopter speeds, they will now be a normal caravan.
- Any ambush events will have the helicopter on hover mode
- Helicopter can be taken when forming caravans, they go to hover mode rather than flying off
- Helicopter mass is high so normal pawns can't just carry it off if out of fuel
- Helicopter has an option to be abandoned if out of fuel on world map
- Helicopter re-fuelling on world map: when a pawn carrying chemfuel merges with it's caravan, it will be consumed by the helicopter automatically

Still awaiting response from him, hopefully it's going to be green lit. Helicopters will be arriving shortly at their LZs, my dudes.

"You spin me right round baby right round"

Quote from: Madman666 on January 11, 2019, 03:52:14 AM
I am reeeally curious how exactly it will work without making vehicles function as a faction "tamed" false-mechanoids. Its great news CP. If the guy does it, I am willing to help pay part of the comission, just PM me with a full cost.

Think it will behave as a new pawn altogether, like a new race. As for pay don't worry about it, it is my project so I have to el-payo to the man-o. The full cost will be to send me evidence of you smashing the like button upon the release of mod

That's all folks, it's a waiting game. Gonna head out for D&D, cheers.

sumghai

The CQC mod looks very interesting! Is it just colonists that have the non-lethal takedown skills, or would other factions (neutral/hostile/pirate) also have it?

On the subject of the vehicles framework with the working title of Project Vanguard, would this framework support ground vehicles beyond tanks? I'd be keen on jeeps that can carry pawns on caravaning/scouting trips.

Chicken Plucker

CQC Mod has been updated, reduced the volume of the takedown SFX.

NOTE: CQC Takedown has been found to be incompatible with: Star Wars - The Force

EDITED: Chicken mad when wrote post so here less words and less mad post

Hi, I am sad and mad. Helicopter and tanks no happen, very sad very bad. Bugs, no finish commission, best laid plans of mice and men, no reply, ouch my feelings.

Quote from: sumghai on January 13, 2019, 01:57:34 AM
The CQC mod looks very interesting! Is it just colonists that have the non-lethal takedown skills, or would other factions (neutral/hostile/pirate) also have it?

On the subject of the vehicles framework with the working title of Project Vanguard, would this framework support ground vehicles beyond tanks? I'd be keen on jeeps that can carry pawns on caravaning/scouting trips.

They were gonna rely on Jecrell's vehicles framework. [REDACTED 500 word essay]

As for your CQC questions, NPCs cannot use them, just your colonists with manual use.

Me speak less words now have to go, enjoy goodbye have good day

sumghai

Good thing that only colonists can CQC :)

Sad to hear about the vehicles, though.

Madman666

nylem

Sorry to hear about your tanks and helicopters CP, I really am. I missed your apparently angry post. I assume it just wasn't possible with the limitations of the Rimworld engine?

dninemfive

Vehicles are possible in the engine; there've been working mods for them in previous versions. Jecrell just probably refused to work on them as he often has, and the JecsTools framework for them is horribly outdated afaik.

By the way, CP, can you list all the DLL-requiring features you want to add to your mods? I have some free time now and can work on the smaller ones (I'm already prototyping a fix for the parka issue, for example).

xtitanx

Hey CP,
I'm sure you are getting a lot of posts on this so sorry if I'm piling on. Do you have an ETA on phase 2? I really need my USMC back.

Rocket_Raccoon

Bummer to hear about the bad news regarding vehicles :/
Did he just not answered to you? Your contacting tries appear a bit- one-sided. Maybe he is just overly filled with projects, certain mods of him are rather unfinished/a while long not updated/bug fixed...

Valter Jr

I saw tomahawk from the Assassins Creed in the mod folder Rimmu-Nation - Weapons and thought it would be super cool to add other iconic items like the super soldier's serum that was run on Captain America or even your own shield.  :D

Chicken Plucker

Hello again folks. I am going to drop a message before I sleep here so you're not kept in the dark.

Instead of writing a 1,000 word detailed explanation of what I think is going on I went to Jecrell and un-bottled my concerns and frustrations that I'm constantly getting complaints of mod incompatibilities and his responses are often times nothing.

What's going on is he has just moved back to the US from South Korea and is struggling to find a sustainable job, everyday he's been going to job interviews and it sucks that the best thing he can get despite his talents and qualifications is an entry level job.

After a reply to that it just made all of the issues and incompatibility worries go away. I'm happy I haven't said anymore about the matter, even though I'm near exploding in the comments of steam workshop.

Life always comes first, and whatever issues here with modding just does not matter to me compared to what he needs to get through to survive and I'm 100% certain all of you agree (unless some of you here REALLY likes tanks, which I doubt you do)

If any of you here would like to support Jecrell to pay off bills please feel free to go to his patreon. I apologise for not linking it myself but I'm on me bloody phone and I'm hangin' out (British slang for tired) from left knee injury and generally being unfit for PT (rip)

There's the details. I'll answer some unrelated questions
Quote from: Valter Jr on January 17, 2019, 04:48:39 PM
I saw tomahawk from the Assassins Creed in the mod folder Rimmu-Nation - Weapons and thought it would be super cool to add other iconic items like the super soldier's serum that was run on Captain America or even your own shield.  :D

Captain Merica's shield would need C#, so might the super soldier serum as well unfortunately which we have limited access to but super soldier serums in general that isn't specific to any lore is interesting for this project alright, if possible I could make it a permanent thing cause by a drug without having to rely on C#, or an implant. We'll have to see later, it's not top priority though.

Quote from: xtitanx on January 17, 2019, 11:44:01 AM
Hey CP,
I'm sure you are getting a lot of posts on this so sorry if I'm piling on. Do you have an ETA on phase 2? I really need my USMC back.

No ETAs, sorry. Been wrapped up in many things to deal with and there's 0 progress or deadlines on modding aside from patches for the ones that have been released now and then.

It is however, supposed to be the next mod to come out. I need the new UBACs textures done and those new ceremonial uniforms done, lots of work needed for new texture templates. Ones they're done however, it's all fast and easy.

Quote from: dninemfive on January 16, 2019, 11:40:41 PM
Vehicles are possible in the engine; there've been working mods for them in previous versions. Jecrell just probably refused to work on them as he often has, and the JecsTools framework for them is horribly outdated afaik.

By the way, CP, can you list all the DLL-requiring features you want to add to your mods? I have some free time now and can work on the smaller ones (I'm already prototyping a fix for the parka issue, for example).

I'll get back to you on this dninem, I'm so sleepy right now and I'm struggling to think of what I bloody need for mods. Thank you though, but I can't keep my hopes up since I know you're also busy!

nylem

That's fair enough CP. I'm glad you shared some light on the matter and as you say life does come first. I wish Jecrell luck and you a speedy recovery ;D. It'll all come out in the wash as they say.