[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on March 02, 2019, 01:55:24 AM
- Updated uniforms are looking slick!

- I'm thinking of making custom versions of some of your apparel (FAST helmet, UBACS/Crye combat shirts and vests) for my own personal use, by changing some of the base colors/accessories; would you be able to share the source PSDs for me to make my own modifications?

Hey sumgai! Thank you for your hard work. I'm sorry I've been unresponsive to your PM. I just patched the FAMAS issue now, as for the SCAR I'll worry about it tommorrow. I gotta drop dead now cause I have only had an hour of sleep due to me releasing Umbra Company on Steam yesterday at 4AM, then I woke up to work at 5:30AM so that was nice.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_HWYU2XRk_HaHeTpkIR3hixMR0tqs7ct

Here's a small package of my uniforms, go wild.

In summary, after you mess around and get the BDUs or combats fixed, you move them all individually to the shadows .psd of their respective body type, I have automatically made them get shaded as long as you pasted the BDU under the sub-folder layer that has the preset shading effects. That's enough explaining out of this brain, it's engine is running out

Edit: Oh wait more explaining, the UBACs and Crye equipment are not finished so they're not included in the package. Sorry. I embarrassingly only have them finished for one Hulk body type so I have to hand those over only after they're done.

I will say more tommorrow, I really need to sleep before I crash for work tommorrow. Cheers all.

Gonna leave behind the fancy Umbra Company description I made for steam and the link for it there. I have decided to cut out the tanks because it will oversimplify everything and the code remains broken anyway. I'm not gonna wait for a miracle.

Umbra Company is a different breed. No more smokeleaf high Pirates.

A private military company started by crashlanded survivors who thrived and inspired many to fend for themselves.

Originally named "The Shepherds" right until the death of their colony leader. Her partner, taking over as the new commander then re-branded the faction into what it is today and it has since become one of the most feared and dangerous mercenary groups out in the Rim, trading away the original ideals for profit and any excuse for violence.

Due to their use of tactics and organisation, outlanders, pirates and tribals couldn't stand a chance against this new enemy that once knocked gently on their doors with support. Background of the original leaders were ex-military, so this suggests their soldiers are trained with high standards.

Umbra Company is known to distrust all those around them, a strict "shoot first and ask questions never" policy. Be sure to be on the lookout if you plan on crossing paths with them, goodluck.

sumghai

Much appreciated, CP - I've download your source files as they are right now, and will check in again once the UBACS/Crye stuff is completed :)

sumghai

Hey CP - I just noticed that in your source file(s), the RN500 vest layers for the Fat and Hulk body styles are missing.

Are they in a different PSD file?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on March 03, 2019, 08:03:44 PM
Hey CP - I just noticed that in your source file(s), the RN500 vest layers for the Fat and Hulk body styles are missing.

Are they in a different PSD file?

Hey sumgai, about the old textures? Last year I had this hard drive issue that actually wiped out my old stuff. I had only a few remnants of my old textures. Among the lost souls were the AR500/RN500 stuff and the old MICH helmet that the SAS and Task Force 141 used. Unfortunately I only have the new ones to give.

________

Just a note guys, sorry but no updates today. Been busy running round with work related crap, then Tuesdays-Fridays back to military college. I hope I get to join the army soon and have a salary, I can just be in the bloody base after I pass training and mod all day on downtime (assuming we're not in some fancy country doing some crazy exercises)

Have to go through a few last hoops, eye test and my full medical record sent to them. When they receive that stuff I get to go through assessment center/selection where I have to pass a series of tests. When that's done, it's the real deal, boot camp.

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 04, 2019, 04:09:02 PMHey sumgai, about the old textures? Last year I had this hard drive issue that actually wiped out my old stuff. I had only a few remnants of my old textures. Among the lost souls were the AR500/RN500 stuff and the old MICH helmet that the SAS and Task Force 141 used.

Ouch! Data loss is always a bummer.

After a couple of near-misses myself, I now backup all my personal and RimWorld files to two identical external hard drives, plus a Google Drive cloud backup.

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 04, 2019, 04:09:02 PMUnfortunately I only have the new ones to give.

So does this mean that we won't be seeing new official variants of the AR500/RN500 stuff in your other faction mods?

As for my personal-use project, I only needed to cater for Thin/Male/Female body types in my custom scenario. However, I might try to recreate the missing vests for Hulk and Fat (although they would most likely not have the same fidelity as the files you lost)

Best wishes for your enrollment/enlistment, by the way.

Chicken Plucker

Latest patch download links are in the front page

(image courtesy of my boi Ods)

Umbra Company
- Airstrikes spawn chance are now only 50% for bosses
- Edited faction description

Here's my latest progress, US Army guys looking good! Did shading for the armors, they are almost done. Just bloody need to finish them. When the Army is done + the IBAs done being shaded I'll sort the bloody crye gear out and finally, special forces will be ready.

So here's the roadmap for the US Military Kit:
- Finish armor shadings
- Finish Crye Body armor
- Finish Crye UBACs uniform
- Finish Crye Helmet
- Create faction mod or release US Military Kit
- Finish

I could be doing more progress guys but I'm so dang busy, after weapnos are included for the US Military it should come full circle with Rimmu-Nation Weapons since most of the fidgeting around with coding are because of these guys, Red Horse was always built around the US Military since it was one of the earliest mods I've done so with that out of the way everything should be a breeze since they would be the biggest faction I've done so far with most of their kit connecting to Rimmu-Nation

sumghai

Boy, the updated US Marines and Army apparel are looking real slick!

By the way, while working on my personal armor variants, I managed to (almost accurately) recreate the lost Fat and Hulk variants of the RN500 armor in Photoshop, using the same layer and FX setup as you did for the Thin/Male/Female ones. Do you need a copy of my PSD file with the recreations?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on March 11, 2019, 04:13:28 PM
Boy, the updated US Marines and Army apparel are looking real slick!

By the way, while working on my personal armor variants, I managed to (almost accurately) recreate the lost Fat and Hulk variants of the RN500 armor in Photoshop, using the same layer and FX setup as you did for the Thin/Male/Female ones. Do you need a copy of my PSD file with the recreations?

Thanks! I'm surprised you took the time to bring the ol' RN500 back to life, I'd be right happy to take them!

Finishing up a base for UBACs for all body types, then off to the body armor and helmet, this gear will be utilized by SEALs, MARSOC, Force Recon, Airborne Rangers and other kinds of special forces for the US

hauvega

Keep up the great work CP as always.  Now if my drawing abilities up, I could get some stuff completed.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 12, 2019, 02:41:41 PMThanks! I'm surprised you took the time to bring the ol' RN500 back to life, I'd be right happy to take them!

Here you go!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wyXsPducSOpsLZS1GAu1T1OqyRSNKAh6

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 12, 2019, 02:41:41 PMFinishing up a base for UBACs for all body types, then off to the body armor and helmet, this gear will be utilized by SEALs, MARSOC, Force Recon, Airborne Rangers and other kinds of special forces for the US

The new UBACs are looking really great, especially the better-defined collars and the colored torso area that now wraps right around to the back (as opposed to the separate front and back panels in the older version)

Once you get a breather, may I (pretty please) also have a copy of the UBACs templates? :)

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on March 12, 2019, 07:29:21 PM
The new UBACs are looking really great, especially the better-defined collars and the colored torso area that now wraps right around to the back (as opposed to the separate front and back panels in the older version)

Once you get a breather, may I (pretty please) also have a copy of the UBACs templates? :)

Definetely! I'm sorry I've been low on talking lately guys. Back to college and things are as busy as usual. I finished all the UBACs body types and now I just need to do the crate body armor and helmet, I'll upload them altogether here soon, unless you guys want the UBACs now and I'll post it when I get home

Quote from: hauvega on March 12, 2019, 04:04:54 PM
Keep up the great work CP as always.  Now if my drawing abilities up, I could get some stuff completed.

Thanks havuega! Missed you around these parts. Don't worry about not getting to do your mods, I have a feeling all of us are having that lately!

As long as we're all fine on the other end of the non-moddy important business then that's good

Canute

CP,
Cpt.Ohu just released this, i think this could be useful for your Project too.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48258.0

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 16, 2019, 05:03:17 AM

Definetely! I'm sorry I've been low on talking lately guys. Back to college and things are as busy as usual. I finished all the UBACs body types and now I just need to do the crate body armor and helmet, I'll upload them altogether here soon, unless you guys want the UBACs now and I'll post it when I get home

No rush, CP :)

By the way, RaptorX and I are just about done with the CE patches - RaptorX just needs to fix up the anesthetic bullets from MSF, plus some minor rebalancing of some remaining RN Weapons.

Also, I figured out a neat trick to write one set of CE patches that would automatically work for both the standard and All Craftable versions of RN Clothing, so that any future stat tweaks will automatically apply to both versions without the need for duplicate patch files.

dninemfive

Hey CP! Just wanted to say that I'm available to work on any assembly code Jecrell doesn't do. Plus, I can do any tedious XML stuff (especially FactionDefs) you don't have time for. Keep up the great work!

sumghai

CE patching for Project Red Horse update, 24 March 2019

- RN Clothing: 100% done (not all items need to be patched)
- RN Weapons: ranged weapons 100% done, ballistic knife done, no patches for melee (since the actual weapons don't exist yet)
- RH Furniture: 100% done
- MSF, The Ghosts, Umbra Company: 0%, restarting from scratch*

*RaptorX and I discovered that weapons, apparel and other gear for those factions are duplicates of RN Weapons and RN Clothing, and so need to be patched independently in case a player only has those faction mods installed. Also, we found that all anesthetic/tranq weapons are fundamentally incompatible with CE - pawns attempting to fire non-lethal weapons end up freezing and spamming debug log errors, because CE expects pawns to fire CE weapons with CE ammo/projectiles