[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Canute

QuoteThat will surely make every raid be unique as hell.
Do you realy think ?
Then he need to create different AI think nodes too, so each faction attack different ! :-)

Madman666

Quote from: Canute on April 24, 2019, 05:36:34 AM
QuoteThat will surely make every raid be unique as hell.
Do you realy think ?
Then he need to create different AI think nodes too, so each faction attack different ! :-)

Yep, despite the obvious lack of AI behaviour diversity, with CP's complete modset, What The Hack with mechs and Simple SideArms-DualWield-Run&Gun-GiddyUP combo, every raid usually looks, handles and fights differently, just due to sheer diversity of gear\mounts\armor etc.

AI behaviour sadly requires some serious c# work, so i think at best we can expect stuff like factions using mercs and police-like behaviour CP was talking about at some point.

Chicken Plucker

Latest update download links are in the front page

Rimmu-Nation Clothing
(Rimmu-Nation Clothing) RNC: All Craftable

- ALICE webbing accidentally overwriting MOLLE webbings fixed, both are now usable.

Last Man Mercs are gonna be a sure thing now.

Their uniform is based on my college uniform (rip) but I've obviously taken liberties. They sport a custom-made red polo shirt with their faction logo on the left breast. They then wear M81 combat trousers with this standard polo uniform for their contractors.

The body armor was made by Ods, I was too lazy to make another one and was sick and tired of re-using the IBA.

Anyways.. Their backstory.

QuoteThey started off as a small crew hired by criminal organizations for assassinations, security and heists against rival groups or the government themselves. The things they stole ranged from large amounts of cash from bank vaults to government black project schematics. They were meant to be expendable but they outlived their employers when they grew too much in power.

The Last Man Mercs were born, launched as a legitimate PMC business and the founding members' dark history erased from records with a few well placed bribes.

Recruitment began when criminal connections were used to find thrill-seekers and desperate individuals, now the reputation of the LMM alone is enough to attract flocks of the naive and blood thirsty. Comprising mostly of bounty hunters, ex-military and other guns for hire, they take any contract, no matter how messy it is or how unethical it is as long as it pays well.

The leader, dangerously charismatic, inspires his followers to see the world in his own nihilistic way, a "Let us eat and drink for tommorrow, we die" attitude. The earnings of the faction are often times spent on drugs, prostitutes, private homes, fast cars or new toys meant for their line of work. This is their idea of "freedom"; being able to go around killing whoever they want, doing whatever they want and be paid for it.

When not on a job, they're out looking to pick a fight with anybody, weak or strong? They call it "Target practice" all the same. With new recruits joining everyday for the promise of the world, the lives of their mercenaries lost on a daily basis is as cheap as the lives they take.

The motto of the group is: "semper liberi" which translates to "always free".

EDIT: Sorry I messed up the updates and have only uploaded them about 5 minutes AFTER the post. D'oh. My apologies to the early birds.

Anyways, the Last Man Mercs. Opinions? They're meant to be urbworld type of fellas who have massively grown into a large private army, bigger than Umbra Company but not better in terms of standards in training and possibly equipment. Maybe I didn't give away enough info or gave away too much info on the backstory, I don't know. I wanted a sense of unknown in terms of their origin but a general idea of what the whole crew is like.

I'm planning on a spec ops/elite mercenary unit for the LMM, lightweight kit like 5.11 TacTec and FAST helmets, will have to worry about it later. All of the main stuff isn't even finished yet, just hacked up something for a preview.

Madman666

I foresee some juicy tacticool battles ahead, CP. Amazing work as always. One more participant for the meat grinder. Looking tacticool as frickk while at it too..

Smexy_Vampire

more meat for the canable foxs army i got but i love the new gears and hireable dudes

Chicken Plucker

Hello fellas, just clocking in to leave a notice about what's happening for Red Horse while I'm here at work for the weekend and Monday (it's everyday bro)

Last Man Mercs
- Last Man Mercs on skin textures are done
- Armors need to be done but they're easy peasy, would take like 10 seconds
- Maybe I'll make an elite unit, which will cause production to take longer, the elite boys will use blue jeans or possibly keep the same onskin, FAST helmets and masks.
- need to figure out what their jackets will look like.

US Military
- All uniform textures besides ceremonial are done.
- needs a lot of time coding
- waiting for alliance and war system coding from Jec. Haven't heard a word

Now all that aside I've been asked to help with an SCP project by my bro Ods. He's having trouble with schedule and yours truly has made several factions before, so it'll be a lot of help if I went to do that. Red Horse is temporarily gonna take a seat till I get SCP factions done.

That's all for today folks

Chicken Plucker

QuoteAnonymous Comms Console email (sent to all faction leaders)
Hello, who I am is not important. I have an urgent warning to all of you.

There is a parasite that has grown during your petty squabbles over territory and resources. This group comes from none other than the "DF1-08" planet. Ever heard of that place?

To those uneducated in these matters, DF1-08 is a world that looks very similar to the Urbworld, concrete buildings, industrial medicine, firearms that use gunpowder etc. It has been quarantined due to an outbreak from a serum known as "Nerotonin type 3" which is their world's failed version of a Healer Mech Serum. The Nerotonin type 3 caused the mass population to become mutated and highly violent towards anything that wasn't infected.

It's here on your doorstep now. An organization within DF1-08 developed a means to traverse across worlds using technology they put together after years of development within their dying world. This group is VOID.

VOID wants to replicate the Nerotonin type-3 virus in planets that have a similar ecosystem to DF1-08, which means the planet you live in as well.

Have a think about your next moves.

Tired from work. Falling asleep.

Another faction is coming in after I finish the current set, they're called VOID. They have a special place in my heart from the game "Dead Frontier" which I used to play back when I was younger. They were there from the start of the game, being one of the first clans and even got the Admin to make them custom armor that he'd never done for anyone else (armor was never produced or re-produced for anyone else after either)

The clan is long gone now along with the custom items they had long disappeared with the people who held them, every end-game person in Dead Frontier was a minigun wielding, power armor wearing, drug boost using maniac that killed swarms of zombies on a day-to-day basis. I think they'd make interesting powerful enemies in RimWorld.

Madman666

Mommy told you not to abuse mech serums too much? Now look at you, all purple and angry with means of space travel! Nice, a new enemy faction to butcher for parts! Awesome.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Madman666 on April 29, 2019, 03:44:41 AM
Mommy told you not to abuse mech serums too much? Now look at you, all purple and angry with means of space travel! Nice, a new enemy faction to butcher for parts! Awesome.

mom told you not to be mean to lil sis so please let me keep my legs

Chicken Plucker

Made a preview cover for the Last Man Mercs.

Current About Description:
QuoteThe go-to PMC for anonymous benefactors and corporations that wish to stock up more skeletons in their closet.

Lead by ex-military turned mercenaries who performed high-profile assassinations, heists and acts of terrorism. After gaining power they founded the Last Man Mercs, a PMC unofficially associated with drug trafficking, kidnapping, prostitution, mass-killings and the list goes on. Due to their powerful customers across the Urbworld, they carry on to do what they do best to this day.

Last night I made their parkas:

They're using the M81 camo for parkas, but since the M81 wasn't gonna be exclusive to them, or me not wanting the M81 to be associated with just one faction/bad guy, I added the LMM red band in one of the shoulder sides, just like how FARC does it and other militias/paramilitaries when I saw them over in the Netflix series "Narcos"

Last Man Mercs have an elite unit, usually comprised of senior members. They get the more modernised gear. The usual grunts LMM will have use the CAR-15 and ADK-45, new addition of weapons which will be just clones of the M4A1 and AKM (as far as Rimmu-Nation coding is concerned) with minor differences in stat and appearance.

Made a generic black TacTec not associated with factions, the only black TacTec we had were from the Ghosts and I wanted a neutral one without a faction patch that can be applied to both players and whatever other faction would need them.

The Ghosts - A Dog Said.. Patch

- Added, you will find this in the Google Drive "Cross-Mod patches" folder

Quote from: Madman666 on April 29, 2019, 03:44:41 AM

Need to clarify this in the lore, but VOID aren't mutants or infected, they just dress funny with their custom power armors. They're also replicating the Nerotonin type-3 to create weaponized monsters they can use to take over worlds.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on April 29, 2019, 10:37:45 AM
mom told you not to be mean to lil sis so please let me keep my legs

You can keep your legs if you can outrun a VOID member with their speed boosts on later

Madman666

Speed boosts? Yuck! My cyborgs will outrun you VOIDs. Can VOID outrun my cyborgs though hehe...

Muffaloes must DIE!!!

Chicken Plucker

Re-visiting an old friend.

New world logo, more simplified in design than before, similar to the A17 original world logo without keeping it too close.

Gotten one complaint about this helmet from a person who has been vocal about not liking my mods, I can't say I wasn't hurt in knowing someone out there is lacking tactical gear, braving the Rim without velcro and MOLLE equipment. Think of all those orphaned tactical pouches man, what a messed up world

Anyways the complaint was the face mask was curved, which was a fair complaint. This helmet is outdated anyway, was done in 2018 during B18 release. War Mongrels have been on-hold due to me making a silly decision, these helmets ended up being craftable in Rimmu-Nation.

That's okay, because War Mongrels and the Altyn variant helmets are getting a makeover.

(Only have this view so far, sry mate. Been doing lots of unfinished work and not actually finishing anything)

So far I only got front view. Been messing around just doing concept art trying to keep myself from not getting bored out of death waiting for this or that when it comes to my mods.

With Ods' help they have a new armor, the 6b43 vest.

This is what the Spetsnaz unit of the War Mongrels PMC may look like. As opposed to before when they used 6b23 vests and the old texture helmets (note: the Altyn textures will be changed for rimmu-nation too.)

I have to make new onskins for them, I may scrap the GORKA-4 for the War Mongrels Spetsnaz and give them something else due to juggling with them being craftable in Rimmu-Nation, or I might just mug everyone off and make the GORKA-4 uncraftable for the time being to make life easier for me.

Apologies to all waiting for releases and updates, all I have are just concept art after concept art due to the weekday grind. It's college and work and I don't get a break. My few hours are only enough time to keep me sane, which I spend on doing art and thinking about crap in an attempt to formulate a plan before execution for these factions.

Hopefully doing things this way, when all the concept is done the release will be a breeze

Quote from: Madman666 on April 30, 2019, 05:12:19 PM
Speed boosts? Yuck! My cyborgs will outrun you VOIDs. Can VOID outrun my cyborgs though hehe...

Muffaloes must DIE!!!

Maybe, you've never seen a speed boost yet! In Dead Frontier (the origin of VOID) a player who used a speed boost could cover a large spawn of land within a short time thanks to that drug. The downside was the drug is expensive.

But I suppose that VOID won't be considering cyborgs, we'll have to see. I know for sure the .50 BMG minigun will get a lot of complaints since it may have a high chance to kill colonists with each burst

Madman666

50 cal minigun? With projectiles that do what was it 70 dmg? Hah, brace for whinestorm impact, mate! xD. Can't get any more bs than that. .50 BMG rifles eat mechs with 100% armor for breakfast.

dninemfive

Nice! The new factions are looking good, just make sure not to overwork yourself. I really like the current Altyn texture, the one you show here is good too but looks more uniquely War Mongrels. It'd be nice to have both versions available.

Also, I'd be one of those people whining about OPness but I'll just nerf those miniguns locally.

edit: Here are the files for setting a custom sound for the black hat raid incident. Tynan really loves exposing variables and then hardcoding them anyway.

Just drop the files in the zip folder into the mod; the file structure's already set up. The only hardcoded variable names are the LetterDef and the IncidentDef, you can rename anything else you want. The sound is obviously a placeholder, so replace it with the .ogg you have in mind.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Chicken Plucker

Hello all just posting an update.

Nothing but words, no art no coding progress. Been utterly bogged down, all weekend and even Bank Holiday Monday I was at work. A combined sleep of 9 hours during weekends, trying to find time for RimWorld but there isn't any.

I haven't progressed with Ods' SCP mod either and it's just been a crapshow.

(Did have time to make a meme though)

Plan is to buy a second laptop. A refurbished or cheap enough laptop that can run RimWorld, use Notepad++ with and the Adobe Master Collection suite so I can also do textures. During work I have so much spare time, but not enough to go home and relax, the spare time in-between could be hours of just mobile gaming and I've had enough.

Second laptop and power pack/bank for the laptop. Hoping I don't get robbed in London by some young roadman with his mum's kitchen knife, but it's a great solution to get Project Red Horse going (in theory, for now).

Quote from: Madman666 on May 01, 2019, 08:04:56 PM
50 cal minigun? With projectiles that do what was it 70 dmg? Hah, brace for whinestorm impact, mate! xD. Can't get any more bs than that. .50 BMG rifles eat mechs with 100% armor for breakfast.

Quote from: dninemfive on May 05, 2019, 06:20:11 PM
Nice! The new factions are looking good, just make sure not to overwork yourself. I really like the current Altyn texture, the one you show here is good too but looks more uniquely War Mongrels. It'd be nice to have both versions available.

Also, I'd be one of those people whining about OPness but I'll just nerf those miniguns locally.

edit: Here are the files for setting a custom sound for the black hat raid incident. Tynan really loves exposing variables and then hardcoding them anyway.

Just drop the files in the zip folder into the mod; the file structure's already set up. The only hardcoded variable names are the LetterDef and the IncidentDef, you can rename anything else you want. The sound is obviously a placeholder, so replace it with the .ogg you have in mind.

Hey guys just to address you two. The GAU-19 has to make it since it was a big feature in Dead Frontier. I'll make it incredibly inaccurate due to not being supposed to be wieldable by man. I'll probably add huge movespeed offsets along with low accuracy, though the movespeed offset will be near ignored due to VOID's speed boost + power armor combo, the GAU-19 would also only spawn for VOID bosses. It will also act like centipede heavy weapons that destroy on drop so players couldn't use them.

(VOID Member, wearing the VOID Reactive which is a middle-layer power armor that is more slim design than the average power armor. This allows wearers to have jackets and coats to wear if they wish, since it's nice to wear trench coats and look edgy during a zombie apocalypse.)

Rather than airstrikes like Umbra Company, the boss would then have this super deadly weapon you wanna stay away from. I want there to be danger fighting these guys, they are meant to be spacer level

As for the sound coding, dninem, thank you so much! I'm so exhausted today but I have to thank you for all your work. I need to do this laptop thing and move US Military forward before this Red Horse Furniture update, then consult sumgai and RaptorX to make patches before release for existing CE users. Lots of trouble I've been having in-between due to lack of time, but this solution I've concocted may solve it all, after payday and after the bloody stuff arrives (most likely next weekend after this one)

For now folks goodnight. I AM DYING. Lack of sleep, breaks, human affection and I'm not even a recruit in the army yet, I'm just in college doing part time on the side for crying out loud. Freakin hospital and their lack of fast responses to the army regarding my medical record is keeping my application from moving forward, I'd have more free time in the bloody Army mate