[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Skynert

Madman666

With high capacity burst weapons, hit chance is greatly increased just due to amount of projectiles being fired. Not to mention that with high spread, the chance of hitting someone that was just close is really high. Honestly i ve suffered more hits from a centipede miniguns and blasters, than from enemy firing precision weaponry. And you still wanna make a minigun that will fire 70 dmg BMG rounds, that ll just demolish defences and oneshot anything it hits through 100% armor. No matter how inaccurate you ll make it, it will remain broken with that kind of insane damage output.

And to top it off players won't get their greedy paws over it, because reasons. As one of hardcore fans of your mods its my duty to report, sir, that i kinda want to see it in the game, because it will be broken... and also kinda don't for the same reason. Jeez, at least let us have this toy, if you wanna make it smash the balance so much xD

dninemfive

Yeah, I think them dropping the miniguns would actually reduce the danger of their high damage. The only way I've survived Ods' WH40K mod is by taking his OP weapons from raiders.

By the way, I updated Retro Joy. It's attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Chicken Plucker

Got work again this weekend, very tired. Sorry all but I've been unable to reply or make proper progress.

So I'm getting you guys don't like the thought of the GAU-19, but I'm here in my garage with the T-55. You wanna know what's more important than my T-55?

K n o w l e d g e. (end of dead meme)

Guys it's always been a feature for Red Horse to have "broken" stuff. RimWorld wasn't made in mind with a proper combat system, introduce a tank, airstrikes and HMGs to a little survival game where your standard weapons are assault rifles that use 5.56 and of course your very fragile pawns will die. War ain't freakin fair mate. The village people have their sharp sticks and stones while the man out there have big metal monsters that shoot lots of fast little metal things that make the villagers' swords feel like safety scissors.

In this case, the players are those villagers. We can't have over 10 faction bases, tanks, hundreds of colonists like the AI factions. Our side were always the underdog. HMGs from VOID would be just as unfair as tanks from the War Mongrels or LMM and airstrikes from Umbra Company, so on and so forth.

Back in Phase 1 we just had weapons, clothing and furniture for Red Horse as a whole and the comments were ones that expressed concern as to why the collection made the game feel too "easy", and my excuse was that the whole package of "Red Horse" doesn't make the game feel too easy when played as a whole. Here's the whole package guys, your colonists would be the equivalent of rebel fighters in the modern day fighting armies with vehicles that outnumber you.

If the game didn't get shelved at 1.0 and it was optimised to the point where we were allowed 10+ bases, about 100+ colonists without having to micro-manage them all (silly AI brains get them killed every incident) and vehicle use added in, then it wouldn't be like this for the player since Red Horse was made with all of that anticipated.

That's not what happened, instead we get what we have now and with the limited budget and coding behind Red Horse, it's just about the same. None of this was designed with the intention to screw over and just wipe players at all, that's not my agenda. I just want players to be on the other end of end-game gear when they see factions similar to their level when they reach industrial or spacer (with mods such as EPOE or Androids on), but there's that side effect caused by the enemy factions being more in number. It's all unfair, but that's the whole lesson of war.

Note: The plan to buy two laptops is abandoned. I can't afford it.

I gotta go sleep right now guys, I'm hangin' out and it's 11PM. I got 5 hours to sleep. See you all.

EDIT: Thanks dninem for the retro joy update, will sort it out when I get time like the other stuff

Chicken Plucker

Chickenvengers: End Game plan

Currently at work, away from a computer since I don't wanna get robbed or kicked out an establishment plugging in my laptop (it's care-work but client to client to their house)

I want to summarise my plans so I can make sense of the overwhelming amount of what needs to be done

What's finished:
Last Man Mercs textures
US Military Textures
Russian Military Textures

What needs to be done:
Last Man Mercs coding
Elite Crew coding

US Military Kit coding
US Military Factions coding

Red Horse: S.A.D. Update
Retro Joy update

- War Mongrels Texture
- War Mongrels Coding

- Russian Military Faction
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing finalised crafting overhaul
- Rimmu-Nation Weapons finalised coding and additional weapons

News on Jec
"Almost done."

What's next after?
- Ghost Recon faction
- Medusa Corps faction
- VOID faction
- British Military Kit
- British Military Faction
- Get a girlfriend, maybe (goodluck coding that)
- DOOM mods

I just want to summarise the current phase 3 game plan. Time to get something out this month, I expect 3 new mods out before May ends. Chicken out

Madman666

While certain aspects or Red Horse indeed do feel OP as heck, nothing is completely broken quite as BMG rounds, which you just can avoid entirely by just not crafting rifles that use those, cause enemies luckily don't have those monstrous kill toys on them. When vehicles were around, they didn't feel that OP, because mechanoids kick arse no less than tanks and APCs. Guys with dangerous crap like airstrikes and rocket launchers are fragile. Most of them just die off on traps anyway or get sniped in the face with 100500 lead rich presents. Heavily armored freak with a minigun that can oneshot through excellent quality power armor IS another deal entirely. Its your call, CP, but i will definitely alter it to be manageable and also make it droppable, because this is not the case of unfair, this is more severe. Just to clarify, this will not affect my love for your mods in the slightest. Madman out.

iFailatRimworld

I'm sorry to ask this but when will a Combat Extended patch for the Rimmu-Nation Weapons be available or is it up to someone to make the patch for themselves..?  Btw great work on your mod, absolutely fantastic textures and coding...

sumghai

Quote from: iFailatRimworld on May 12, 2019, 02:20:42 PM
I'm sorry to ask this but when will a Combat Extended patch for the Rimmu-Nation Weapons be available or is it up to someone to make the patch for themselves..?  Btw great work on your mod, absolutely fantastic textures and coding...
RaptorX and I have been working on the CE patches for RN Weapons, RN Clothing and Red Horse Furniture. CP has received the patches, and will figure out the best way to distribute them.

In the meantime, you can download the patches here, and manually merge them inside each of their respective mods:

CE Patches for Red Horse Furniture

CE Patches for Rimmu-Nation Weapons

CE Patches for Rimmu-Nation Clothing

CE Patches for (RH) The Ghosts

CE Patches for (RH) Umbra Company
(Note: CP, please create a unique backpack for these guys, so that they can carry their gear and ammo in CE)

Chicken Plucker

Finishing up the Last Man Mercs coding, it's a lot of work and very little time. Had some PT homework on the side.

Lots of things getting in the way of my progress in anything. If I choose to focus and get stuff done in RimWorld, my physical abilities fall for my military career, when I focus on work and college, RimWorld plummets and Red Horse doesn't get done. One of these days I'll have to choose between the two and it sucks but here we are.

Anyways, here's some previews for Last Man Mercs I prepared before release:

low level grunts that use pistols or CQB weapons, "normal" will be their quality of equipment unlike all the factions released so far. All factions have been in high quality due to their "spec opsy-ness". The quality of gear also reflected on their armorers and how long they've been around, Last Man Mercs is only standard in the urbworld, but deep down their usual pawns are just like pirate mercenaries, just that they wear uniform and are more organized.

Standard mercenaries, usually rifles, DMRs or Bolt actions used by these.

The helmet on this fella has a halfmask which was featured in Rimmu-Nation that also added some ballistic protection on the face along with gasmask protection from toxic fallouts.

These are the machine gunners or the guys running around with explosives.

And finally, the elite mercenaries or "special forces" of the faction. This is where their gear quality goes up, similar to spec ops units of umbra company since they're supposed to be experienced members of the LMMC.

Weapon selection, I tried my best to avoid using weapons between the other factions, such as "AK47 Mercenary" and other Umbra Company contractor skinned weapons since I want some uniqueness for these fellas. I also wanted a whole criminal feel so why not throw in an Uzi and some weapons from GTA V?

Chinese made DMRs, some Russian Rifles and last but not least.. M107 for the spec ops.

Showing off the T-55. Have not decided on the stats of the canon, but it's gonna hurt and probably more so than B18 versions of the tanks. You do not want your pawns to be where the shell explodes. (Even if you don't like them)

Quote from: Madman666 on May 12, 2019, 08:49:45 AM
While certain aspects or Red Horse indeed do feel OP as heck, nothing is completely broken quite as BMG rounds, which you just can avoid entirely by just not crafting rifles that use those, cause enemies luckily don't have those monstrous kill toys on them. When vehicles were around, they didn't feel that OP, because mechanoids kick arse no less than tanks and APCs. Guys with dangerous crap like airstrikes and rocket launchers are fragile. Most of them just die off on traps anyway or get sniped in the face with 100500 lead rich presents. Heavily armored freak with a minigun that can oneshot through excellent quality power armor IS another deal entirely. Its your call, CP, but i will definitely alter it to be manageable and also make it droppable, because this is not the case of unfair, this is more severe. Just to clarify, this will not affect my love for your mods in the slightest. Madman out.

Oi oi, the power armor actually has weaker stats in terms of protection compared to Mechanoid Centipede protection. I used the Centipede as base for the armor stats for vehicles, just nerfed it a lot. Despite the nerfed stats they were still highly resistant to bullets and explosions at the time, compared to body armor.

It's 1.0 now and I haven't explored things yet. Body Armor has a small chance of 100% catching a bullet, I can only guess these tanks can now deflect completely if you're trying to shoot it with not-so penetrative rounds. The T-55 is definetely more dangerous than a purple boy with a GAU-19.

I've decided to add a long firing delay for the GAU-19, much like the airstrikes it will have a warning sound of the minigun barrels spinning before firing, it will also have slower .50 BMG rounds compared to the AMRs that fire them. I think that's more than fair innit? It's like an airstrike now, there'll be plenty of chances to get out the way, but unlike the airstrike your colony can't be burned to the ground.

Also enemies do use AMRs, not the .50 BMG types yet but Umbra Company uses the M2000 Intervention which fires the .408 CheyTac. I quote Recon (ex-army armorer who did all the Rimmu-Nation stats) who said something along the lines of "Holy Fricc, it's pretty much a mini .50 BMG" (just with more swearing) it's bullet, if you guys haven't noticed from the Reapers, almost always penetrates your body armor or tears off a limb.

Good thing those guys aren't so good at shooting eh? I still understand the concern about the GAU-19. Funny enough people called for that weapon to be scrapped in Dead Frontier as well, it was an absolutely OP weapon that was made for the purpose of being Pay 2 Win. No hardcore player that did the arena (PvP) went in there and won without it. It's what makes VOID, VOID. I wanna stick to the original material, similar to other factions so far.

Last Man Mercs are using the "T-55" since players in GTA V (where the faction was based from in concept) used the Rhino tank, however the Rhino is obviously more advanced and I didn't want to be 100% getting into GTA V since it doesn't 100% fit into RimWorld. I'm probably boring everyone with the wall of text now so I'm gonna stop right here and sleep before I die in College tommorrow, it's 11PM already and I don't know where time went

Quote from: sumghai on May 13, 2019, 12:54:12 AM
RaptorX and I have been working on the CE patches for RN Weapons, RN Clothing and Red Horse Furniture. CP has received the patches, and will figure out the best way to distribute them.

In the meantime, you can download the patches here, and manually merge them inside each of their respective mods:

CE Patches for Red Horse Furniture

CE Patches for Rimmu-Nation Weapons

CE Patches for Rimmu-Nation Clothing

CE Patches for (RH) The Ghosts

Thank you Sumgai, yes I am still trying to figure it out, especially hard since a ton of things are tangled up on my end due to some new things I haven't had time to do. Just LMMC release along has about 1 or 2 new weapons, and the SAD update another 2. It's just been slightly chaotic. Been avoiding creating new bullets to avoid having to go to NIA again, even if it means avoiding certain weapons that do need new bullets.

Anyway I've written enough (too much) I need to sleep right now before it's 12AM and I end up only having 5 hours of sleep again. Goodnight all.

sumghai

No worries, CP. Oh, here's another one:

(Note: CP, please create a unique backpack for these guys, so that they can carry their gear and ammo in CE)

I'll let RaptorX tackle the CE patches for MSF (since he has a better idea on how to deal with packaging custom CE ammo for the non-lethal weapons). I'll work on CE patches for TF141 instead.

Madman666

Fine, be that way... we adore you for being you after all. Still, i d appreciate GAU-19 at least being droppable then. I mean you can wield and craft rocket launchers that do 500 dmg in Red Horse (nothing more satisfying as landing a solid hit on a raider crowd of couple hundred with that thing). Whats wrong with giving one more OP toy for the player to abuse the hell out of.

Chicken Plucker

Updates and download links are available in the front page

I'm out of time this morning, going to Tower Hill for some visity-toury stuff.

Here's an early access for the Last Man Mercs with most of what's intended to work, working.

New Faction:
- The Last Man Mercs
Early access version, currently the T-55 balancing hasn't been finalized. There's also an issue with the DeathSpawningComp which stops LMM pawns from exiting the dead T-55 after death.

Updated:
- Task Force 141
Fixed Machine gunners spawning with nothing
Fixed Task Force 141 operators spawning with random jackets

The Ghosts
- "Spec Ops" label changed to "Special Forces"

Umbra Company
- "Spec Ops" label changed to "Special Forces"

Rimmu-Nation - Weapons
- Removed AK-103 from being craftable for compatability with LMM. Will be craftable again later with other weapons in an upcoming update

Metal Gear Solid - CQC Takedown
- Sound effects changed for both male and female to be gender neutral to prevent robots and animals from grunting like people

Quote from: Madman666 on May 14, 2019, 05:28:03 AM
Fine, be that way... we adore you for being you after all. Still, i d appreciate GAU-19 at least being droppable then. I mean you can wield and craft rocket launchers that do 500 dmg in Red Horse (nothing more satisfying as landing a solid hit on a raider crowd of couple hundred with that thing). Whats wrong with giving one more OP toy for the player to abuse the hell out of.

Hey there, just forgot to mention, yes I am making it droppable now. Pardon me, I am in a rush this time so I can't get into detail, but it would be nice for the "What The Hack" users to attach it to a stolen mechanoid from these factions

Quote from: sumghai on May 13, 2019, 09:36:58 PM
No worries, CP. Oh, here's another one:

I'll let RaptorX tackle the CE patches for MSF (since he has a better idea on how to deal with packaging custom CE ammo for the non-lethal weapons). I'll work on CE patches for TF141 instead.

Thank you Sumgai! However there's issues with attaching Jec's backpacks to factions. That's why I haven't made them, upon trying to make them a required apparel for pawnstypes to wear, a bunch of errors are thrown at me that I frankly don't wanna bother Jec about for now

Sorry, running late for the train. Have to go right this second, cheers all please leave a feedback for the T-55 if you encounter it, or the Last Man Mercs overall

Madman666

Yeah "What the Hack" will allow for weapon change for mechs in the future. Roolo has it in his roadmap. Also, if your tanks and vehicles will have a mechanoid base, it will allow you to hack tanks too xD. Which will be darn interesting to play with.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on May 15, 2019, 10:47:18 AM
Yeah "What the Hack" will allow for weapon change for mechs in the future. Roolo has it in his roadmap. Also, if your tanks and vehicles will have a mechanoid base, it will allow you to hack tanks too xD. Which will be darn interesting to play with.

T-55 had it's own race till I realised that if it used Mechanoid base people could hack it for cross-mod compatability, so the T-55 as it stands right now is definetely hackable.

Don't know how weapons will work for you lot though, the 100 mm canon is using a transparent texture due to the nature of the tank's texture, and it destroys on drop. It's not meant for pawn-use apart from the tank holding it

Elite Crew in the works for an update.

Madman666

Most mech weapons also destroy on drop, yet What The Hack somehow keeps track of them and restores them along with the mech, when its hacked from downed state. I assume same would transpire with the cannon. When there will be a way to change weapons for mechs, that ll be another story entirely... Seeing a tank shooting bullets out of its cannon will be funny. xD