[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Ink.

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 20, 2019, 03:31:36 AM
I'm fairly certain Ballistic shield would be a CE thing.

Makes sense to me. I'll post there.

By the way, CP, Last Man Mercs + Zombieland mod is some quality 'badass raider organized militant group' immersion. Plus I love the Glock in the mod, once it's CE compatible it'll be my go to for sure.

MrBriggs18

Quick question - is there any equipment, suited for winter environments, in plans someday?

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Austupaio

On the note of equipment, since I've started playing with this I've reached the point where I'm fully producing all of my own equipment and I've come to the conclusion that Combat Uniforms, Combat Jackets and PASGT helmets are the best general outfit excluding power armor or crazy stuff like that.

The Global Work Speed and Global Learning bonuses are far stronger than the bonuses offered by other outfits and helmets - now for the Combat Uniforms and Jackets I guess it's fine that those are the best, although they're maybe too much better as I see no reason to wear the others, but with the PASGT helmet, the Global Learning Rate on that makes it a far more attractive option than any of the more modern MICH or FAST helmets. Just putting that out there in case it wasn't fully intentional.

Either way, been enjoying the mod a lot, good luck balancing this and your career and orders, I understand the complications of that myself.

rsprated0202

Hi there :) I replied a few months or last year before, and again, thanks for making these great mods. I'm really looking forward with any future updates that comes from you. I really appreciate that you've added more fun throughout my game experience in Rimworld.

To share an awkward scene from me, I manually installed all Ur mods recently and didn't quite read through your update notes, and funny thing is that I realize some of the weapons aren't craft-able from the bench which in before was craft-able, so I delete all the mods and configs, and reordered my mods lists which took quite a lot of time and nothing helped and was pretty pissed when I thought that it is one of the mods that is incompatible until I read your update notes. Hahaha

I want to provide a theme from a movie called Kingsman and I wonder if you're interested in tuxedo agents like them or the western cowboys like the Statesman. It is just an idea sharing, because I don't really know how to code or to draw the arts of it, and furthermore, there's not much of weapons that is specifically mentioned, but only a few equipment that have special designs from common accessories. (BTW, John Wick: Parabellum kickass, I'm really grateful that I'm able to recreate the character in Rimworld with your mods)

Again, thanks for making such great mods and wish you great luck with all your doings.

Chicken Plucker

Hello everyone. I apologise for the delay in replies on my end. I have bad news to announce.

I was going to reply to everyone at Sunday, post two new updates. There was going to be some funny artwork regarding some Marines doing tactical cleaning done with US Military Kit uniforms since I was going to announce that I was about to code these outfits.

What happened then just derailed everything, my computer fell down (through my own fault being a clumsy lad) and my hard drive took a nasty hit. Laptop now won't start since it can't detect the HDD, I also get sounds off the hard drive meaning it's dead.

Everything I have on project red horse is in there, all mod progresses and any hope of me giving you notice of when such and such may be released.

My replies to everyone was based on what was going to be done that day but since the HDD died everything is gone unless my data is recovered. (No word on it yet, hired some cheap crew. Here's to hoping they don't toast my HDD)

As of now I got nothing guys, I'll reply to each one of you if I recover the hard drive regarding each inquiry, otherwise it's a waiting game to know if I just lost it all.

All the US military stuff and etc has no backup anywhere, I didn't plan on this to happen even though this is the second time it has happened.

I'm very sorry all, till next time.

Canute

QuoteWhat happened then just derailed everything, my computer fell down (through my own fault being a clumsy lad) and my hard drive took a nasty hit. Laptop now won't start since it can't detect the HDD, I also get sounds off the hard drive meaning it's dead.
Ouch that hurt.
And you shouldn't buy HDD's anymore for mobile PC, special since SSD's got pretty cheap.

Madman666

Using cloud services to store work-related data, including art drafts and other stuff is commonly used practice now. I only wish, i could give that advice earlier. Losing progress on any kind of project is really painful, my condolences, i hope you ll be able to recover it.

Retry_02Hide

Sorry for bothering u guys, but I have some problems when I tried to use the CE compatible patch made by Sumghai.
I am not sure if I use them in the right way, but I just create a 'patches' folder in CE's 'Patches' folder and put all the xml. in it, then I got the world generating with apprael utility problems, can't wear XXX with XXX problem and faction null relation error. My world map just have nearly no faction base, but weapon and ammo system works properly in my first test.
This is my first time to ask for solution here, if I miss anything needed to solve the problems plz tell me, thanks for your help.
(btw:there may be some wrong grammar, sorry for my bad english

iFailatRimworld

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on May 31, 2019, 05:46:01 AM
Sorry for bothering u guys, but I have some problems when I tried to use the CE compatible patch made by Sumghai.
I am not sure if I use them in the right way, but I just create a 'patches' folder in CE's 'Patches' folder and put all the xml. in it, then I got the world generating with apprael utility problems, can't wear XXX with XXX problem and faction null relation error. My world map just have nearly no faction base, but weapon and ammo system works properly in my first test.
This is my first time to ask for solution here, if I miss anything needed to solve the problems plz tell me, thanks for your help.
(btw:there may be some wrong grammar, sorry for my bad english

yea, ghosts CE patch is literally broken at the meantime, that's what causes the game's faction generator to break.

also the one-shot disposable launchers (LAW, MATADOR, SMAW, etc.) are broken too, they spew out errors as you make pawns equip them, and they can't even fire the launchers, if you try to manually fire it your HUD disappears unless you hover over a pawn or any targetable object

sumghai

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on May 31, 2019, 05:46:01 AMSorry for bothering u guys, but I have some problems when I tried to use the CE compatible patch made by Sumghai.
I am not sure if I use them in the right way, but I just create a 'patches' folder in CE's 'Patches' folder and put all the xml.
You're using them the wrong way. The current version of the patches are supposed to go inside each of the original mods' folder (i.e. Mods\(RH) The Ghosts (1.0)\Patches).

In the long term, I am working RaptorX and AthenaSulisMinerva on forking CE to better support all RN mods, as well as more mods in general than the original CE:

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtended

Retry_02Hide

Quote from: sumghai on June 02, 2019, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: Retry_02Hide on May 31, 2019, 05:46:01 AMSorry for bothering u guys, but I have some problems when I tried to use the CE compatible patch made by Sumghai.
I am not sure if I use them in the right way, but I just create a 'patches' folder in CE's 'Patches' folder and put all the xml.
You're using them the wrong way. The current version of the patches are supposed to go inside each of the original mods' folder (i.e. Mods\(RH) The Ghosts (1.0)\Patches).

In the long term, I am working RaptorX and AthenaSulisMinerva on forking CE to better support all RN mods, as well as more mods in general than the original CE:

Thanks for your reply, but same errors still occured after I install them in the way you said. Maybe there's some other mods conflict with those patches.
However, the patches from the github link you post work fine thorugh some little tests. Thank you for making these awesome mods work with CE!

dark309

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on June 03, 2019, 03:45:59 AM
Quote from: sumghai on June 02, 2019, 08:35:09 PM

Thanks for your reply, but same errors still occured after I install them in the way you said. Maybe there's some other mods conflict with those patches.
However, the patches from the github link you post work fine thorugh some little tests. Thank you for making these awesome mods work with CE!

hi modder sorry for interrupt something else,i am using fork version ce,the ghost and other faction runs great and not seens got red or yellow log for now,but i found recipe about ammo seens got some wroong when started,and you cant creaft ammo about those (all about grenade and rocket ammo type)
sorry for some reason i make my log read only so there are not any byte in that so i can just captuer screen anc copy some on started log and paste at here:

and this is log for image https://pastebin.com/9AhVND2J

And another thing i'm not sure that is my mod list conflict or something else

because i use 3~4 turret mod, i think that maybe use origin reserch def for MultibarrelWeapons or what? ,for this img's log  https://pastebin.com/JJgt4aHe

@sumghai  are these issue can be fix at easy and just cost little time?

Personally i feel first issue is a bit affect game play experience ,that just can't creaft some ammo is annoying

sorry for my bad grammar and sentence because english isn't my first language.

sumghai

dark309, make sure you completely replace the original CE with the forked version, as the fork contains the extra ammo crafting definitions you're apparently missing.

As for the turret mods, those have nothing to do with the patches for Rimmu-Nation mods. Check that it's not those mods causing problems themselves - you may have to figure that out by manually disabling/enabling each mod one at a time, in a process of elimination.

FYI - I've just relocated to an Asian country with strict internet censorship, so I may be a bit slow to respond to questions here.

dark309

Quote from: sumghai on June 06, 2019, 10:41:21 AM
dark309, make sure you completely replace the original CE with the forked version, as the fork contains the extra ammo crafting definitions you're apparently missing.

As for the turret mods, those have nothing to do with the patches for Rimmu-Nation mods. Check that it's not those mods causing problems themselves - you may have to figure that out by manually disabling/enabling each mod one at a time, in a process of elimination.

FYI - I've just relocated to an Asian country with strict internet censorship, so I may be a bit slow to respond to questions here.

@sumghai :
Thx for the info,i will confirm it again for the fork version, i just copy and past to old version locate ,maybe i forget to choose cover the old files, i will test it for a more clear modlist to check for it (cuz i also have some table mod for space using QoL)
for the turret issue, i am thinking i'll just del the research required def for a quick test,maybe it can let my log have less red info
thx for the info again, have a good trip :D !