[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

RimworldOx

Oh wow... didnt know you were funding a MJOLNIR project.

I have great interest in such a thing, personally.

He stopped working on it? If I wanted to fund it myself should I go straight to him? What are your thoughts- was gonna maybe wait to commission anything till after 1.0.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: RimworldOx on July 04, 2018, 02:38:20 AM
Oh wow... didnt know you were funding a MJOLNIR project.

I have great interest in such a thing, personally.

He stopped working on it? If I wanted to fund it myself should I go straight to him? What are your thoughts- was gonna maybe wait to commission anything till after 1.0.

Yellow, pardon the late reply. No I haven't commissioned any SPARTAN project, just thoughts. Meanwhile, that's O Negative's department since he's the author of HALO weapons, he's handling some HALO uniforms, I only proposed to him a full-scale project.

All these big plans are starting to get further and further away from my grasp since I'm getting busier now.

Just working on some more clothes for Rimmu-Nation clothing, since I feel the small amount of selection has gotten bland. I wanted a break from the stress of bigger projects anyway, especially with the coming 1.0 mass updating (rip).

Took some clothes from PUBG and one jacket from The Division, maybe I'll do more, but there'll be headgear and onskin outfits coming with these for the player generation. I thought it would spice things up for Rimmu-Nation clothing users.

PLAYERUNKNOWN's Trench Coat

Trench Coat

Urban Camo Jacket

The Division Jacket

In the meantime, I have to help with wookiees mod, bug fixes now and then when tgrimm92 breaks the mod, and albion with texture requests.

I'm trying to get by one day at a time with the physically demanding college I go to, and the job I do every saturday that requires me picking up trash and lifting other heavy crap.

If you guys ask me if I miss doing all nighters doing Rimworld mods, yeah I miss it, but I can't say I wanna turn back on what I have now.

It's been quite the adventure outside. Till next post guys.

Chicken Plucker

These outfits are planned for an upcoming Rimmu-Nation update, which might be pushed during my 2 week holiday after next week as of this post.

They are some tacticool gear from games I've played that some of you may have either, I thought it would be cool to include them for Rimworld. Some of these outfits cost a TON of money on the virtual market, which is nuts cause they're virtual items for physical currency. *cough* PUBG I'm looking at you *cough*

Special thanks to "Richard Nixon", not the president, the Discord user. Approached me this weekend to talk about modding, and it sparked my interests again, so I went out my way to try and get progress.

"Nomad" outfit from Ghost Recon: Wildlands

"Agent Ryan" outfit from The Division

"PLAYERUNKNOWN" outfit from PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds

Other generic player outfits from PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds

SITREP:

Hello all, I'm sleepy. I have had several months of physical progress at MPCT college here in the UK.

I've lost a lot of weight since I started at June the 5th, the military college has helped me a lot to work towards my goal of having a career as a combat medic in the future.

Of course progress comes with costs and sacrifices, my hobby modding and making Rimworld content has taken a huge hit, by now I would have several 1.0 updates, but unfortunately, that's not the case since I have had little time for it.

My struggles have included dealing with temptations and thoughts of quitting since living outside of the comfort zone comes with a huge price and a demand for dedication.

I hope I can at least leave some functioning mods before I am completely consumed by the real thing, if I make it to boot camp.

I'd like to thank you all for the support, that's no generic thank yous, every comment, suggestion and complement or download has kept me going on these. I can't have you all running around in 1.0 stable without proper tacticool equipment under fire. I'll be with you shortly.

Take care all, till next post!

Chicken Plucker

So, I'm looking at Emerson Tung's work from his ArtStation stuff. (As I have with DOOM power armors)

I felt like making a power armor along with the Rimmu-Nation update, and I thought the Utilitarian Power Armors would be the perfect choice since I'm removing it from the UAC mod anyway.

The Utilitarian power armors would be outside of the UAC faction, players could use it for just running around with some advanced protection before the DOOM factions mod get remastered.

This is the original A17 UAC Utilitarian power armor.

I am no longer leaving this in the future UAC factions update, because it's not even UAC equipment. There was an armor for the utilitarians, but no helmet. I find this super outdated and not accurate to the original product I intended to copy.

This is the current thing I have. This will be a new piece of equipment for end game Rimmu-Nation gear. I bleedin' struggled drawing the helmet, but I'm happy with the results. I think there's an improvement there somewhere.

Took me around an hour to do just a front view for the hulk plus the helmet, but when I get the hulk views done, the other body types follow, easy peasy.

Based on of the concept arts of the Utilitarian Power Armors for DOOM 2016 multiplayer.:

by Emersun Tung

I'm looking forward to this Rimmu-Nation update, lots of crossover outfits from other games. I'll be looking at possibly some Resident Evil or Tomb Raider outfits and some hairstyles.

I actually haven't finished the PLAYERUNKNOWN onskin yet, and I already start another outfit. I like doing new things to keep things fresh I suppose, it can get boring if you are three days in and you're drawing the same bloody shirt still.

Till' next time.

rawrfisher

I'm looking forword to some weapons capable of allowing my colonists to hold out against the massive raid swarms without half the base being broken down
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 21, 2018, 06:33:39 PM
I'm looking forword to some weapons capable of allowing my colonists to hold out against the massive raid swarms without half the base being broken down

There's firepower available from this mod:

especially with the last update that included these:

There have been complaints about the SAM Turret being too overpowered, but it was an endgame solution that required about three different things researched: Sentry Guns, Mortar and Multi-Analyzer. Not to mention they take about 3000W to run.

They're also not too effective against fast moving hostiles, unless you have more than one, activating the SAM too close to your base can cause your own hardware damaging your home.

If that wasn't enough or the other turrets, there's the end game weaponry from Resistance Retribution. Auger allows you to fire through walls, Longbow 1S-1K has a 1000 damage towards durability, guaranteed loss of some body parts if you manage to miss anything important.

The current stuff I'm focusing on now is more variety for outfits on creation screen, plus a taste of DOOM gear because the update is far away for now.

Current Goal: Get Rimmu-Nation out first for 1.0, so even if the other military themed mods are not updated, there will be enough tactical advantage for players who wanna use these equipment. Assuming they prefer my mods. (rip, fat chance)

(Rimmu-Nation B18 source here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37014.0)

rawrfisher

I play the unstable.  Been waiting for compatible versions of your mods.  Even if just rough ports
Professional jerk

Smexy_Vampire

love your work going to miss you if you leave .

Chicken Plucker

So, "Wasteland Republic" is actually a colony I made up during A15. The lore of this faction pretty much goes with the game's lore, it's heavily inspired by the NCR.

Before I was in the modding business, the standard outfit for everyone in vanilla is a duster, a helmet and a body armor. I'm gonna do something like that for this faction, they're gonna be using some basic looking M4s or M16s, keep close to that apocalyptic feel hopefully.

Soldier uniform, I thought it looks cool anyway despite it being for common grunts. I chose the desert DPM cover for the PASGT helmet, navy blue shirt and some jeans. IBA, standard.

Rangers were tricky, had to come up with an original power armor cause I didn't wanna take power armors from other games. This one is heavily inspired by the Recon armor in Halo as well as Raven armor from the UAC. I wanted to move away from the NCR but not too much.

I call this "Sentinel A1", you will be able to wear this with a jacket unlike most power armors.

For the black or dark grey cowboy hat? I took a look at Arizona Rangers for that. The badge for the W.R. Rangers were taken from Arizona Rangers also.

Commander: Betty "Five-O" Lester

Marty Robbins - Big Iron
"Now the stranger started talkin' made it plain to folks around
Was an Arizona ranger, wouldn't be too long in town"

Lore Stuff:
Wasteland Republic, originally established in 5474. Disbanded in 5477 due to the loss of their main headquarters and all major leaders. After the fall of their main base, remaining soldiers either abandoned their posts or were hunted down for their ideologies.

The Republic's core values were courage, respect and selfless commitment. Their plan was to create law and order in a dog eat dog world. This disrupted pirate band drug and human trafficking crimes, which caused the Republic to be infamous among outlaws.

One surviving Ranger (Betty Lester) of the old Wasteland Republic has braved the Rim Planet and slowly rebuilt the colony piece by piece. Since the fall of the original Republic, equipment has improved. Funding comes from seized resources taken from enemies, anyone deemed a threat to the peaceful lives of law abiding citizens.

Betty being a junior Ranger, lost all her friends and mentors during the fall of Wasteland Republic's main base. She was the only one left standing among the rubble and ashes. She buried her comrades one by one and left the base to start over, doing mercenary and bounty hunter jobs to survive. After some time, she has inspired and given hope to many that needed help.

5500, Wasteland Republic has officially been re-established.

"We must expend steel and fire, not men" - General Van Fleet

This principle is also something the brave men and women of the republic believe in. They go through such lengths to expend as much resources as they can to make sure that lives are not placed over silver and gold.

If your colony is in need of help, the Wasteland Republic is a friend you can rely on.

Coming soon to 1.0..

(ETA 1-2 weeks for RN: Clothing and RN: Weapon updates, after that all else follows.)

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Smexy_Vampire

shes awsome :D is she a premaid leader we will see in game ?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on August 26, 2018, 04:08:46 AM
shes awsome :D is she a premaid leader we will see in game ?

Hey there, unfortunately I can't do that in the game since Tynan super mega hardcoded naming colonists without epic C# knowledge, so it's just a backstory I had.

I had plans of a Rimworld animated webisodes, she would've been a major character

Canute

What do you would think to add a scar to betty ?
Like a blade scar through the eye or cheek ?

Chicken Plucker

Preview artworks:

Final logo version

Five-O in a duel

Quote from: Canute on August 26, 2018, 02:16:43 PM
What do you would think to add a scar to betty ?
Like a blade scar through the eye or cheek ?

Well, I didn't get too much into the character. I had this whole backstory for Betty, I really wanted this character for the animated series, the problem is finding a voice actress that I won't spend an arm and a leg for.

I'll type a lot of story related stuff about her character, but if you don't wanna read it all, the thing about Betty is that she has a curse.

"what the hell kind of name is Lester for a little girl like you? I knew a Lester once, he touched little kids. He ended up getting Five-O all over him!"
"FROM NOW ON I'M GONNA CALL YOU FIVE-O YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

- Instructor Ernie

Betty joined the Wasteland Republic at the age of 15. Had a best friend nicknamed "Fancy Pants" by Instructor Ernie for raising her hand during the first day of training and asking if she gets to have a better bedroom.

A year into graduating, she and Fancy Pants went missing during a sandstorm a few miles away from the main base during a patrol, and found themselves within the reach of an ancient site.

This ancient site had strange markings, Betty being a foolish young girl tampered with this stone right before being reunited with their section commander who was yelling at her and Fancy Pants for getting separated.

Fast forward to two years, it is now 5477. She is a Junior Ranger in training, her and her best friend are battle hardened. They are the ones called for dangerous situations, especially ones involving Mechanoids.

After sundown, Pirates land in drop pods to attack Wasteland Republic's power station which has a warehouse full of batteries connecting to everything else. The pirates set the building ablaze destroying and cutting out several sources of power which lead to gun turrets being disabled.

Rangers were sent to breach and clear out the warehouse after peacekeepers have failed to neutralise the invaders. Several peacekeepers were recovered and sent to the clinic, some not making it.

Soon after, another group of pirates land within drop pods near the heart of the base close to where new recruits train and live, they were taken out and Rangers arrive late, wounded and were still rescuing survivors of the earlier attack.

A huge group of Manhunter wargs suddenly come from the south during the second pirate attack. Several peacekeepers are now out of action, Rangers are mostly what's left, picking up the wounded, nobody is able to tend to all the ones already in hospital beds. People start bleeding out.

Mechanoid hive attacks immediately, a large swarm of Scythers and Centipedes.

Mechanoids take the lives of multiple Rangers and whatever remaining Peacekeepers left.

Betty is downed within the burning barracks that is build inside a cave. Both entrances have mechanoids waiting outside, one is burning down.

Fancy Pants attempts to kill the remaining centipedes with a triple rocket launcher taken from the armory but dies from a headshot. She was trying to clear the entrance to rescue her friend.

Betty miraculously gets up, picks through the cave walls to access the armoury room which is built nearby. She kills the remaining mechanoids with multiple triple rocket launchers.

Morning comes, all the wounded in the clinic have bled out.

After the series of events, Betty Lester realizes during her career of bounty hunting and mercenary jobs, she cannot die. She has never lost a limb, she has never had a single scratch on her. Though she sustains injuries, it's never fatal.

She looks back during her time as a young peacekeeper, she remembers the ancient site. Attempting to find the ancient site again, it's never been found by her again to this day.

-End of story-

Oh wait, I forgot to add.

-Not end of story just yet-

The downside of her supposed "Immortality", anyone she ever sticks around with long enough, or gets attached to. Any group of people she spends plenty of time with eventually all die, and she gets to watch.

She gets to live and they don't.

No matter how secure or unlikely, events take place that lead to the deaths of those around her.

This is why she became a loner. After rebuilding Wasteland Republic, she has spearheaded an operation to find the ancient site again, or find a way to beat death itself by finding a Resurrector Mech serum and finding a way to reproduce this device in an attempt to get rid of the curse.

- Story just bloody began lad -

Forgot to add these in, so another edit. (rip)

"Big Iron A1" - Revolver made by the Wasteland Republic, named after a Marty Robbins song titled "Big Iron" about a Ranger who defeats an outlaw in a duel.
Original Sketchfab model by: GMoreau

"XM-Boomstick" - A prototype shotgun produced by the Wasteland Republic, designs based on the old double barrel design, powerful plasma pellets come out. Named after the main character's "Boomstick" from classic movie Evil Dead: Army of Darkness.
Original Sketchfab model by: Mihai Muscan

"Felina A1" - Named after the woman mentioned in another Marty Robbins song "El Paso". When you fire on whatever this rifle is aimed at, it's goodbye Felina.
Original Sketchfab model by: McCarthy3D

Planned rations for the W.R. all falloutsy style inside a steel lunchbox. I might just use the old MREs and get rid of the lunchbox food, it's not necessary but I wanna know what some of you may think. The "Cola" is gonna be called "Rocket Cola", just because I love Nuka Cola and Rangers.  :P

Canute

QuoteWell, I didn't get too much into the character. I had this whole backstory for Betty, I really wanted this character for the animated series, the problem is finding a voice actress that I won't spend an arm and a leg for.
Start a call at the Generall discussion at the forum or steam.
Maybe you can find some talented female amateur for your series ! :-)