[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

dninemfive

The legend is back!

Coincidentally (I thought of the clip separately from this, but thought I'd bring it up), I was thinking of making a faction mod based on the John Wick universe. It's really C# heavy and I won't bore you with the details, but I wanted to ask if I could adapt some of the textures from your clothing mod. You wouldn't even have to do anything, but I do want your permission before I start.

edit: I just tested the B19 version of No Rogue Robots using Raiderpedes alongside it, and it seems to work fine. Tell me if it doesn't work in your future testing.

Chicken Plucker

Tested some gear Ladies and Germans, we've got the ball rolling on Rimmu-Nation: Gloves N' Boots.

This is what it would look like being fully kitted with gloves, boots and tactical socks:

Got all the code working thanks to Medieval Times, need to credit the author of that mod on release cause I couldn't have done it without them. Currently only coded in 6 pieces of gear, been doing other things today.

Want early access? Here you go.

BETA ACCESS DOWNLOAD
(only includes the 6 pieces of gear you see above the images)

Added two new gloves to the list:

Re-skinned the Oakley Pilot gloves:

Here's the textures for the workbenches, a 1x1 mini tailor bench:

This is the entire footwear selection, 13 including the socks which doesn't really count since it goes with any of the shoes.

Overall it's 12 gloves and 12 boots. I tried to differ from Medieval Edition's stats as best I can, especially in terms of protection. More changes later.

In other news, I've decided "Screw waiting for a hard drive repair." and have begun redoing some lost US Military assets.

Also the FLYYE Swift for the HULK body has been done, it's only a matter of time till you see these on your colonists.

Course they may come like this with accessories:

That's it for today.

Quote from: dninemfive on August 15, 2019, 11:01:49 PM
The legend is back!

Coincidentally (I thought of the clip separately from this, but thought I'd bring it up), I was thinking of making a faction mod based on the John Wick universe. It's really C# heavy and I won't bore you with the details, but I wanted to ask if I could adapt some of the textures from your clothing mod. You wouldn't even have to do anything, but I do want your permission before I start.

edit: I just tested the B19 version of No Rogue Robots using Raiderpedes alongside it, and it seems to work fine. Tell me if it doesn't work in your future testing.

The B19 was the one JDalt40 recompiled for me for 1.0, sadly there's no visible console errors after his recompible but upon testing the tanks that the LMMC faction owns spawn for psychic ships, it's only main barrier from Steam Workshop release.

Gotta go sleep Dnine, speak to you later!

dninemfive

Is the public version of LMMC the one that's not working? If not, can you send me the broken one so I can test it?

Canute

Glove's and shoe's ok but SOCKS ??
What's next tactical underwear ? No armor but give you a mood boni for feeling ready for combat ?
With integrated lectern (if you use dub's hygiene mod) for longer combat duration ?

Chicken Plucker

*Ding!* *Ding!* *Ding!*

The Official Comeback Updates:

- Chicken Mitchell Hairstyles
+ Elite Crew hairstyles added
+ Tanya hairstyle added

- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing / "RNC All Craftable"

+ Tanya outfit added
+ Gloves N' Boots compatability added

- Rimmu-Nation: Gloves N' Boots

+ Added new mod

Features:

- Mod adds 15 new gloves, 15 new footwear and 1 tactical sock.
- Footwear and gloves have 3 different tiers that affect their protection rating and stat offset ratings.
- All equipment in this mod is craftable within the RN Mini Tailor bench.
- Only socks, generic trainers and combat boots are coded to spawn with vanilla NPCs. They are not coded to have any of the brand items or gloves.
- This mod is compatible with any faction mod provided they use the "IndustrialAdvanced" tag for clothing.
- Red Horse Faction pawns will spawn with gear in this mod and are coded to have different tastes in uniform.
- Rimmu-Nation Clothing allows items from this mod to become purchasable from Rimmu-Nation Orbital Traders if both mods are enabled.
- Mod is game-save compatible, however please remember to enable the new apparels in your stockpiles and uniform settings.
- Air Jordans are stupid expensive for no reason, just like real life.

Notes:
- Colonists with prosthetic parts that cover the hands and feet may be unable to wear gloves or shoes depending on what the prosthetic part covers.

- Tribals are not tagged to equip the items, however they may automatically wear warm clothing during winter or low temperature settings since vanilla has been hardcoded to do this, tribals will ignore tag coding.

- Made the mod standalone since I am aware not everybody likes gloves and boots, rather than merge it with Rimmu-Nation Clothing

Goodnight all, been a busy day. I've been having lack of sleep again, sleeping in the morning and working at night. It isn't healthy.

Posted the animated trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbXNL0UA85Q

Cheers all, hope the small updates get the ball rolling to bigger ones.

Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2019, 02:24:03 AM
Glove's and shoe's ok but SOCKS ??
What's next tactical underwear ? No armor but give you a mood boni for feeling ready for combat ?
With integrated lectern (if you use dub's hygiene mod) for longer combat duration ?

Can't do underwears I'm afraid, the only reason socks exist is due to them being onskin, and shoes are middle layer. Our apparels start at onskin if it covers the lower body, so unfortunately everyone has to go commando.

Happy to see you in the thread again Canute!

Quote from: dninemfive on August 16, 2019, 12:10:01 AM
Is the public version of LMMC the one that's not working? If not, can you send me the broken one so I can test it?

Hey dnine, I messaged you yesterday about this, I am once again going to drop unconscious in bed. Hope you find progress in this, but if you don't then there's no worries at all since I may have to open up options.

Skynert

I have question, how many factions are on Steam for 1.0? I have Task Force 141, Umbra Company, MSF, Ghost's.

Rocket_Raccoon

Welcome back.
Quickly tried out gloves&boots, liked it so far.
Do you plan on adding cold weather boots/gloves? That would be pretty cool.
Like Valenki and mittens
Also, will all  rimmu nation weapons be craftable in the future?

sumghai

Good to see you back CP, despite the significant setback with the hard drive.

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 13, 2019, 09:32:37 PMKari Wuhrer's character "Tanya" from Red Alert 2 was an awesome femme fatale from a video game.

I definitely prefer Wuhrer's portrayal of Tanya in RA2 to Jenny McCarthy from RA3.

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:56 AM- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing / "RNC All Craftable"
+ Tanya outfit added

+ Added new mod

Neat! Since these clothing items conform fairly closely to the body, no CE bulk or armor patches are required.

Speaking of Combat Extended, could please add the following text to the description section of all of your mods on Steam and the forums? (you may tweak the formatting as needed)

Quote from: sumghai
Combat Extended compatibility
CE players should use Combat Extended: FastTrack Edition, as it natively includes patches for all Rimmu-Nation / Project Red Horse mods, and is updated more frequently.

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, sleeping in late again.

Updates are available to be downloaded at the front page

Rimmu-Nation: Gloves N' Boots
*Display icons will be smaller to better fit vanilla when the items are on the floor.

*Protection ratings have been slightly buffed while the amount of time it takes to craft the gear have been at least doubled. Footwear protection rating depending on armor have been increased by:

Sneakers 10%
Hiking boots 10%
Combat Boots 15%

Image below explains what I've been up to today with not a lot of spoilers unless you've been in rimworld-art on Discord.

With that teaser out of the way, I will urgently reply to you guys before I pass out

Quote from: Skynert on August 17, 2019, 03:46:51 AM
I have question, how many factions are on Steam for 1.0? I have Task Force 141, Umbra Company, MSF, Ghost's.

I believe you have them all, those are currently the only ones out on 1.0 RW Steam my friend

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on August 17, 2019, 05:00:45 PM
Welcome back.
Quickly tried out gloves&boots, liked it so far.
Do you plan on adding cold weather boots/gloves? That would be pretty cool.
Like Valenki and mittens
Also, will all  rimmu nation weapons be craftable in the future?

Hello, sorry I don't plan on any winter gear though I made sure the tier 3 gloves (hard knuckle ones) have the highest insulation on top of being the most protective ones. I may change my mind when I get more work out of the way.

And no not all Rimmu-Nation weapons will be craftable in the future, multiple variants and some I'd prefer to be rare for users so there's a sense of excitement in getting rare weapons now and then. Maybe an all craftables version will exist but that's a lot of time to fix and I'm already struggling with sorting out the main mod rop

Quote from: sumghai on August 17, 2019, 09:15:12 PM
Good to see you back CP, despite the significant setback with the hard drive.

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 13, 2019, 09:32:37 PMKari Wuhrer's character "Tanya" from Red Alert 2 was an awesome femme fatale from a video game.

I definitely prefer Wuhrer's portrayal of Tanya in RA2 to Jenny McCarthy from RA3.

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:56 AM- Rimmu-Nation: Clothing / "RNC All Craftable"
+ Tanya outfit added

+ Added new mod

Neat! Since these clothing items conform fairly closely to the body, no CE bulk or armor patches are required.

Speaking of Combat Extended, could please add the following text to the description section of all of your mods on Steam and the forums? (you may tweak the formatting as needed)

Quote from: sumghai
Combat Extended compatibility
CE players should use Combat Extended: FastTrack Edition, as it natively includes patches for all Rimmu-Nation / Project Red Horse mods, and is updated more frequently.

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack

Hey Sumgai! Updating DOOM you know, hope you don't mind having to patch more gear..

*cough*UACPistolinfiniteammo*Cough*

And yes, I will do as soon as I get things done tommorrow. The latest mod release will shake things up across all mods.

I'm happy to know you've got great taste in RTS games, and that I've saved you trouble from having to make another clothing patch  8) 8)

brb gonna sleep for several hours before I drop the news on what's happening with the latest DOOM update.

Chicken Plucker

Okay I'm awake, here's the DOOM progress..

(cancelled and unfinished beta version during B18)

Done ALL textures for the new Praetor Suit and it's currently fully coded. Just waiting on weapons.

Done some IMP pawntype art, guys not trying to hype here but... Might end up making these creatures a part of the mod later  8) 8)

Haven't forgotten about the old Cyberdemon unfinished textures I've done. Need to either redo that or just finish the back view.

Here's the UAC Fabrication Bench where all the DOOM related gear will be craftable.

I'll be back with a release TODAY, or your money back fam, just chill there yeah.

please do not click me, I am totally not an easter egg

hauvega

Great work CP.  Now some more weapons to add to the list.

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Tocato

are the rimmunation and RNC files the same with the exception of the latter allowing crafting? trying not to get redundant files

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys, sorry been facing some delays.

Been prepping DOOM's trailer for the workshop, the weapons haven't been coded with the exception of the UAC EMG sidearm. I plan on releasing the following side-by-side with this mod on Workshop and here:

- The DOOM Kit (Classic Version)
- Retro Joy - dninemfive's patch
- Detailed Body Textures (Classic Version)

Here's some sneaky peaky on what's in there:

Also, Pinky's in da house

(need back view)
Quote from: hauvega on August 18, 2019, 08:12:49 AM
Great work CP.  Now some more weapons to add to the list.

Good to see you again hauvega! How've you been?

Quote from: Tocato on August 18, 2019, 08:20:25 PM
are the rimmunation and RNC files the same with the exception of the latter allowing crafting? trying not to get redundant files

Yes they are, there shouldn't be any issues transitioning to RNC All Craftables, but if you're moving back to the normal version make sure you remove the crafting bills of your stations to make sure you don't get errors

Shoot forgot to mention!

- Updated the following mods:

Rimmu-Nation: Gloves N' Boots
- Fixed issue where tech was available at tribal start

DOOM 1.0
- UAC EMG Sidearm added (forgot to add as of this post's initial release)

sumghai

Yay, another mod that I need to make compatible for CE:FT! I'll have a look once I have time :)

Skynert

Chicken can I suggest something? If you lost all your old work about US Army and rest maybe make other faction? I dont know, French army? (They should surrender right after they attacked) Or some friendly GROM spec forces. And one thing, Umbra Company is positevly (?) OP. Glad they dont have tanks.