[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Rocket_Raccoon

No new work, us armed forces and british forces are still missing and that greatly.

Chicken Plucker

Hello all. I have to reinstall windows. Pardon the delays in release but it's finally all out, we've got a release of about 4 new mods.

THIS is a work in progress. This is why I have to reinstall windows. I have some issues with .NET 3.5 and it seems when you screw up with that your only option is to reinstall. I hope I don't lose all my files again, but I'll be backing them up before I do that.

I may start a project red horse mod thread in "Finished" soon since we have enough functional mods to warrant it. Good news is dninemfive fixed the tank problems for LMMC and my next plan is to push onwards and do as much factions I can in the following few days before next week.

Mods added to Google Drive: (LINK IS IN FRONT PAGE)

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843130386

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843130069&tscn=1566604251

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1842664347

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1842663639

Obviously the Red Horse unfinished thread is getting too big to house all these mods. I need to have a platform sometime and get these all out in finished and properly linked together!

Massive massive thanks to dninemfive for patching the tanks up, and Retro Joy. He has been nothing but helpful and he's the reason I have images of helicopters available, need to get it done however.

Updated mods:
- Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
+ added power armor gloves and boots, fixed some issues on being available at tribal start

I'm in a bit of a rush so there's not much previews shown. I recommend visiting the steam links below the mods for more previews

DOOM Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODBhdOV5HQ&t=

Quote from: sumghai on August 20, 2019, 07:39:10 AM
Yay, another mod that I need to make compatible for CE:FT! I'll have a look once I have time :)

I've got massive amounts of work need to be done accross ALL factions before I move forward and release Elite Crew and LMMC on Steam this week, will add your CE:FT in their descriptions then, but I'll only do it for the mods that Fast Track has patched, please provide me a list?

Quote from: Skynert on August 21, 2019, 05:16:58 AM
Chicken can I suggest something? If you lost all your old work about US Army and rest maybe make other faction? I dont know, French army? (They should surrender right after they attacked) Or some friendly GROM spec forces. And one thing, Umbra Company is positevly (?) OP. Glad they dont have tanks.

Here I've tried to get started on the Polish Armed Forces, their textures were available since they use PASGT armor and helmet, though I may have some trouble with GROM and may add them later. I may release them alongside US and British. No promises it'll be top priority though

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on August 22, 2019, 02:37:25 PM
No new work, us armed forces and british forces are still missing and that greatly.

My friend it's not easy doing this lemme tell you, I am burned out. The reason I really came back during these 2 weeks is because my college was temporarily shut down and I had nothing to do but be sad in my room, so I decided to drop by and have another tango with Project Red Horse.

I am a mess right now. I have done no exercises and I am supposed to have a fitness assessment for my job in the army at October 1, I sleep early and wake up late. I enjoy modding, I really do. I wish I got paid to do this but I do not and yet I am putting several hours of my time day in and day out for this while my room is still a mess because I place the more important things in my life under these mods.

I'm sorry the mods aren't out yet, but rest assured with some patience you will see them again. Cheers and take care

- DOOM Kit - Classic (1.0)
Updated and added back classic security helmet

nylem

Great to see you back CP but take it easy and don't burn yourself out. Stick to the basics and everything in moderation as they say👍

All the best.

Skynert

Here I've tried to get started on the Polish Armed Forces, their textures were available since they use PASGT armor and helmet, though I may have some trouble with GROM and may add them later. I may release them alongside US and British. No promises it'll be top priority though

Nice. And one more thing, my colonists love retro joy.

sumghai

Quote from: sumghai on August 20, 2019, 07:39:10 AM
Yay, another mod that I need to make compatible for CE:FT! I'll have a look once I have time :)
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 23, 2019, 07:59:51 PMI've got massive amounts of work need to be done accross ALL factions before I move forward and release Elite Crew and LMMC on Steam this week, will add your CE:FT in their descriptions then, but I'll only do it for the mods that Fast Track has patched, please provide me a list?

Here we go!

• [RH] Faction: Elite Crew
  • [RH] Faction: Last Man Mercs
  • [RH] Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres
  • [RH] Faction: Task Force 141
  • [RH] Faction: The Ghosts
  • [RH] Faction: Umbra Company
  • Red Horse Furniture
  • Rimmu-Nation - Clothing (standard and all-craftable editions)
  • Rimmu-Nation - Weapons
  • T-45b Power Armor

FYI, the full list of mods that CE:FT supports (including non-RH mods):
https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/blob/master/README.md

Chicken Plucker

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Prepare to get your Jimmies rustled.

After 42 hours of struggling in C# and lots of begging God to help me fix this mod (no joke there)

I present to you..

DOWNLOAD

"GOO RUUUN, GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

Adds three helicopters in the game:
- MH-6 Little Bird
- UH-60 Black Hawk
- CH-47 Chinook

So what does the mod do exactly?
- The helicopters are basically re-fuellable drop pods with higher weight capacity and health, along with added sound effects. They cannot actually hover over the map, provide fire support (they're unarmed helicopters) and they cannot change directions during the middle of the journey.

If you have suggestions or perhaps a future update comes to RimWorld that may break this mod, I cannot promise being able to further develop the mod since it took enough blood sweat and tears to adapt AKreedz' code mostly by myself to deliver the finished product. I'm hoping you will experience a highly bug-free casualty evacuation action packed RimWorld.

Features:
- 3 Helicopter options, ranging from light and cheap to durable and resource costly build.
- Able to load wounded inside the helicopters
- Heck eat and sleep inside your helicopter
- Re-usable in world-map provided you do not abandon the helicopter
- Take your friends and your pet Muffalo to the arctic! Just don't forget to bring extra fuel.
- Helicopter takeoff and landing sound effects

- If you wish to heal wounded inside the helicopters you have to be landed in the world-map (outside of a colony), with a capable doctor able to tend to the casualty inside your helicopter

Don't forget to check out the original Cargo Transport Mod by AKreedz:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1536615776

MOD CONFLICTS:

- None known yet.

==================================

Note: If you can not find the helicopter during travel, check your caravan inventory.

WARNING:
Do not land on the very edge of the map, the helicopter will despawn due to lack of space.

Credits:
AKreedz - The original author and the legend who delivered helicopters to RimWorld.
dninemfive - C# advice and troubleshooting
Mehni - C# advice and troubleshooting
Sketchfab community for providing Helicopter models

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Helicopter mod updated, download links in the front page.

- New flight effects, special thanks to Madman for doing the art
- UH-1 Huey added

Guys I'll make this quick, there's been a change of plans. I'm gonna do a B-line and update the US Military and British Military before moving forward patching up the other factions and finally adding Sumgai's description in order for me to implement their alliance system.

I also wish to do all of this before updating Rimmu-Nation so I don't get bored to death. I'm running out of time, literally cause it's 3:30AM as of this post and I gotta wake up in 2 hours (haven't slept yet) cause college is back. Cheers all, see you gents on the other side of the rice fields with that new Huey.

Progress report:
British soldiers with Virtus body armor and helmet, one of which carrying L85A3. (WIP)

Quote from: Skynert on August 26, 2019, 03:36:46 PM
Wow. I did not know that I need this

Everybody needs a chopper in their lives  8)

Madman666

Rite. Everyone needs a chopper. And a chopper

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Nice, you made a different grafic for the moving animation so the rotor's are moving :-)

But isn't these vehicles the same like from Cargo Pod transporter (with the same problems at the edge of the maps) ? :-)

Rocket_Raccoon

Chicken, you misunderstood me there. I was stating the same like nylem. Taking it easy and not starting so much that you can only possible fail to finnish and thus be dragged down by it . Refering to even more countries(while I´d very much like to see french and canadian armed forces, the more the better)
British soldier looking sharp!

Skynert

Retry_02Hide

Hey CP, I saw someone on the steam mentioned attack helicopter. Just want to let you know the mod MiningCo. Spaceship has a close air support feature, it may be a good example if you need to make something like that.

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys was meant to do updates today but I darn near fainted during PT since we're back at college. Was the last man in casualty carry and I was just out of it. I really did drop in performance. Besides that there's been a trend of me misunderstanding people and ranting due to stress, so I have to apologise to Rocket_Raccoon.

Progress on mods will be slowed significantly and may have to be put away for weekends (until I get work where it may cease entirely again)

Planned additional aircraft:

And one easter egg "aircraft" in the mod people may discover using dev mode, but may have trouble unlocking legitimately. Gonna get to bed now guys!

Quote from: Madman666 on August 26, 2019, 11:04:22 PM
Rite. Everyone needs a chopper. And a chopper

Need a chopper bicycle too

Quote from: Canute on August 27, 2019, 04:21:44 AM
Nice, you made a different grafic for the moving animation so the rotor's are moving :-)

But isn't these vehicles the same like from Cargo Pod transporter (with the same problems at the edge of the maps) ? :-)

Yes, which is why I placed the same warning on Steam and over here. There's not much I can do to fix it sadly.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on August 27, 2019, 04:33:20 AM
Chicken, you misunderstood me there. I was stating the same like nylem. Taking it easy and not starting so much that you can only possible fail to finnish and thus be dragged down by it . Refering to even more countries(while I´d very much like to see french and canadian armed forces, the more the better)
British soldier looking sharp!

Thank you Rocket and I must apologise for misunderstanding you! Take care

Quote from: Skynert on August 27, 2019, 05:20:45 AM
UH-1 Huey, I need some napalm.

Maybe one day.. Maybe.

Quote from: Retry_02Hide on August 27, 2019, 10:50:38 AM
Hey CP, I saw someone on the steam mentioned attack helicopter. Just want to let you know the mod MiningCo. Spaceship has a close air support feature, it may be a good example if you need to make something like that.

Always wanted to look into it, but it was just a dream back then. I'll look into it when I get the time since I do wanna get my very own version, cheers!

Madman666