[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

sidfu

sometimes i wish he would do a set of facial stuff eyes,moths and beards to go with everything

Ruisuki

Chicken is one of the best modders on this site. Im still reeling over the backpacks he added. They are a game changer, and something very few people (if any?) have created.

Skynert

How research helicopters? Nevermind, found

Chicken Plucker

VIRTUS combat helmet
A much lighter helmet than the MK7, also more resistant to ballistics (at least they tell you that). Helps the Squaddie survive dropping on the floor every Monday when they have to train after the weekend boozing and getting smashed, the helmet will absorb the full force of the ground after falling on the obstacle course.

This version features the "Wolf Spider" goggles.

VIRTUS Scalable Tactical Vest (STV)
Replacement for the Osprey body armor. It's easier to take off than the Osprey, and was designed to be lighter. (But seriously, it's not lighter if you're speed marching with it)

Bergen
Do not call this a backpack. It's a Bergen. You can fit just about anything in this thing except for the ego of a Royal Marine PTI with big muscles and a fake tan who thinks they're a hit with the ladies.

PLCE webbing
Similar to the US system's ALICE webbing, but this time it's British and differently named since the MOD wanted to save money and would rather make their own.

Army Infantry
Description:
The typical squaddie, always thirsty (literally and mentally) and so goes on boozing every weekend and blows off the 1.5k GBP earnings before it even made it to their bank account.

Parachute Regiment
Description: England's elite paratroopers, always telling everybody they're the best and that the Royal Marines are "hangin' out" (meaning they are tired and implies they are unfit). Most men who join the parachute regiment can't actually swim so they prefer jumping out of air planes.

Will wear the Bergen assuming I get factions to work with wearing backpacks.

Royal Marines Commando
Description: They have one of the highest standards of training, requiring 32 weeks before finishing phase 1 training. The SAS and other UKSF branches trust Royal Marine snipers over Army snipers (sorry paras) since Royal Marines standards are that high and often times a Royal Marine has no trouble transitioning from being a Marine to special forces if they wanted.

All that just because they didn't pass their GCSE exams at school but they had the muscles to pass the PRMC. They are highly trained in swimming, therefore they can consume the most alcohol during the weekends over the other branches without drowning.

Army soldier holding the L85A2 next to Marine holding the L85A3.

Marines would have thick amounts of camo cream while the squaddies dying of thirst can't afford to get their skin anymore dry. Compared to Marines, a typical army squaddie is more prone to injury after 10 push ups (only applies to millennial squaddies)

Machinegunner holding the FN MAG (known as the GPMG by the British Armed Forces)
Quartermaster doesn't want the paperwork when the squaddies get back so he kindly asks for the squaddies to unload all the ammo on nothing before the MOD cuts budgets again this year, then the poor squaddies would have to borrow bullets from their American friends.

Combats
Known by the Americans as "BDU" or "ACU" but the British would say "That's because they don't speak proper English over there."

The classic '95' version and the UBAC (Under Body Armor Clothing) version. UBAC was made to help squaddies hopefully reduce their thirst in desert or other hot environments since all that kit can get very hot, and the MOD does not want squaddies with heatstroke since they need the squaddies to fight their wars properly. (AKA let the Americans do all the work to minimize casualties while the squaddies make fun of the Americans and their funny Yank accents)

That's all for now folks.

Quote from: sidfu on August 29, 2019, 06:21:19 AM
sometimes i wish he would do a set of facial stuff eyes,moths and beards to go with everything

Old story, I was actually gonna collab with the author once since he came forward to me with some superhero mod idea, though he wanted me to do just about all the work while offering me just about nothing in return (not even coding support with any Red Horse mods) and so I just backed out of the thing since I felt it wasn't a fair deal.

Quote from: Ruisuki on August 29, 2019, 06:14:30 PM
Chicken is one of the best modders on this site. Im still reeling over the backpacks he added. They are a game changer, and something very few people (if any?) have created.

Thank you! I keep forgetting about the milestones like that, but I must say it won't be possible without Jecrell, he was the one who set up the code and took it from Jecstools. I guess he just hasn't made his own backpacks, but his code existed for them to function.

Thanks to your comment I decided to do the Armed Forces' backpacks (and Bergen, don't call that a backpack)

Quote from: Skynert on August 30, 2019, 03:09:18 PM
How research helicopters? Nevermind, found

Glad you have my friend  8)

Chicken Plucker

Download links are available in front page through Google Drive

Mods updated list:
Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
Umbra Company
Elite Crew
Last Man Mercs
Task Force 141
The Ghosts
Militaires Sans Frontieres
(All faction mods for Red Horse)

- Projectile issue with 7.62 and other armor penetration not having the stats they were intended to have has been fixed.
- Fixed burger errors for MSF
- New cola and burger stack textures for MSF faction.
- Fixed tank issues with LMMC spawning for Mechanoids

Get to the Chopper!
- 3 new aircraft added.
- about.xml added to include features list and warnings

'Oi Suzy'
Progress report on British Armed Forces:

Ghillie suit sniper set finished for snipers.

Challenger II textures ready

Warrior IFV textures ready

Hjkma

As new vehicles appear, how about to switch to forked version JecsTools "[O21] Vehicle Framework"? It has a number of fixes and allows free control over vehicles, including shooting. You can see examples of using the framework on mod "Yes, Vehicles, Finally". https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48126.0

Canute

Hmmmmmmmm,
when i saw the last promo video of CH-53 i got the idea, of a Big, REAL BIG Saucer/Battleship/Whateveryoucallit.
The CH-53 land on a turret and destroyed it. What if you made a big ship 100x100 and land it at the middle, you could destroy the whole base at once.
Sure you would have alot of ship repair's afterwars, but that would be the ultimate invader tool.
And beware if some droppod raid come with such a thing at your base.

Rocket_Raccoon

British army soldiers looking awesome!
Maybe they could also sport a pcs smock for that long range ops and for winter? :p
I once heard smocks are a thing in the british armed forces...  ;D

Chicken Plucker

Updated "Get to the Chopper" for translation and some building tweaks for V-22 Osprey.

Progress report on British Armed Forces:

'UKSF' (United Kingdom Special Forces)
Consisting of the SAS, SBS, SRR, SFSG and RSR, the most elite units of the British Armed Forces.

UKSF FAST helmet variants

CRYE Jumpable Plate Carrier

Correctly labelling the "UKSF" pawntypes this time around, rather than just the Special Air Service since I've come to learn there are a few regiments besides the SAS that are part of the UKSF.

I've also decided to reskin the so-far unfinished 'FLYYE Swift' which is also known as FLYYE JPC to it's very similarly looking competing plate carrier, Crye JPC in OCP camo. I've decided to leave it at OCP rather than spend more time making MTP and Multicam variants since the camo looks close to each other anyway, and the UKSF is known to wear whatever the hell they want, working closely with Americans it's no surprise if some equipment are American-made equipment.

'Siren'
Ranks consist of only female soldiers, they are given their own version of 'Go-Juice', a less concentrated and addictive brand produced by MEDUSA.

They use industrial grade gear, FAST helmet covered in shrubbery to capture the appearance of the mythological creature Medusa's serpent filled hair. They wear a highly advanced ballistic mask, appearing as uncanny to enemies from afar with a gaze that sends fear in the hearts of those caught in it.

Thermal cloak
Desert DPM camo, a MEDUSA produced thermal cloak that is highly effective for winter conditions.

'Champion'
Oftentimes physically enhanced and some of the best soldiers that MEDUSA has to offer.

MEDUSA Bow
Fires charge beams long range.

MEDUSA Repeater
Fires plasma charges in burst.

MEDUSA Reactive utilising the mapping for color customisation

Allows different coloration of the armor:

(Pardon the low quality, exports like that in PS)

Thinking of violet or close spectrums for their special units.

If you guys have better suggestions for unit names let me hear them please cause I can't really think of cool ones for female-only units that won't sound too cliche or out of their theme

Quote from: Hjkma on September 01, 2019, 12:28:41 AM
As new vehicles appear, how about to switch to forked version JecsTools "[O21] Vehicle Framework"? It has a number of fixes and allows free control over vehicles, including shooting. You can see examples of using the framework on mod "Yes, Vehicles, Finally". https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48126.0

I'll give it a maybe. I do not like mod dependencies or possibly upsetting the framework author because I keep asking them questions about coding, it ends up causing drama and all kinds of french fries.

I'd rather have a simple working tank, a reskinned mechanoid than possibly get into problems with another modder

Quote from: Canute on September 01, 2019, 05:45:40 AM
Hmmmmmmmm,
when i saw the last promo video of CH-53 i got the idea, of a Big, REAL BIG Saucer/Battleship/Whateveryoucallit.
The CH-53 land on a turret and destroyed it. What if you made a big ship 100x100 and land it at the middle, you could destroy the whole base at once.
Sure you would have alot of ship repair's afterwars, but that would be the ultimate invader tool.
And beware if some droppod raid come with such a thing at your base.

Unfortunately Canute, there's been some voiced concerns about the mod using fictional aircraft, and so it's avoided when possible to add anything too unrealistic. with the exception of retro time machines of course

The choppers weren't intended for offensive use since they don't have the attack features, in fact the chopper crushing the turret was unintended but was pretty cool anyway. Having a really huge aircraft just to crush things, I don't know, I don't think I like the thought of that being a part of my mod.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 01, 2019, 11:28:36 AM
British army soldiers looking awesome!
Maybe they could also sport a pcs smock for that long range ops and for winter? :p
I once heard smocks are a thing in the british armed forces...  ;D

Yes Smocks were going to be their parka, the most challenging part of the mod since it's a brand new onskin I have no template for

Goodnight all, gonna be busy this week. Very tired.

Smexy_Vampire

Chicken Plucker

Just a quick update before I go to college

Get to the Chopper!
- Made MH-6 and Aerospatiale Gazelle haulable and adjusted their weight mass

Rimmu-Nation Weapons:
- Made grenades craftable again

I need to patch Elite Crew and possibly remove the grenades from their use since it seems too late for me to make this possible in Steam due to games crashing

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on September 01, 2019, 07:32:15 PM
madusa will rule the rim >:D

Still trying to finalize their designs but the code for faction restriction with gender and body types work, so I'm excited to do them

nylem

Yes! The Medusas are here! Thanks CP! There's the Russian Night Witches? Night Witch(es) unit? I'm terrible at names but I was just listening to Sabaton lol.

Chicken Plucker

Updated:
Get to the Chopper!
- Japanese translation update by Proxyer

British Military Kit textures all done, just need to code the outfits now. I have decided to exclude the 'SAS Black Kit' equipment into it's own mod and also I may add other equipment such as the outdated MK7 and Osprey stuff, along with berets into the mod later.

Basic stuff was done for the faction release.

Quote from: nylem on September 02, 2019, 06:03:11 PM
Yes! The Medusas are here! Thanks CP! There's the Russian Night Witches? Night Witch(es) unit? I'm terrible at names but I was just listening to Sabaton lol.

That's not so bad, something witches since they were common for Greek mythology anyway. Cheers, I need to go sleep before I collapse since I have to wake up in a few hours.

Chicken Plucker

Tested the coding for the kit so far, looking very good in-game. Got thrashed by Royal Marines irl today so I'm out of energy. I will ask you folks some questions on your preference regarding craftable clothing for your factions.

Red Horse Bench

Right, plan is to change all Red Horse Faction clothing and uniform into a "Red Horse" category since they're not trully a part of Rimmu-Nation. Then I will make a separate standalone mod that will make all faction gear craftable, though they will have to be loaded above the faction mods.

I tried to do the recipe solution for craft-able clothing but it hasn't worked out well. Maybe I should just make all faction mod clothing craftable in vanilla benches? What do you guys think?

What will be more convenient, just make all faction clothing craftable using vanilla benches in their own "Red Horse" tab rather than another bench and another mod? Will make life easier for me and everyone but there's this odd separation with Rimmu-Nation Clothing.

Just showing off the Pcs Parka. PLCE webbing version and non-PLCE version

Edited it's display to have a darker hole unlike above.

Just left this post as a question to people above, cheers

Madman666