[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Ruisuki

Im for compartmentalizing into multiple benches if need be. Vanilla apparel expanded alone adds a lot of clothing so separating them would be best i think. The red horse are the army uniforms from various nations, ghillies etc right? rimmu nation the one with the backpacks and I would assume, combat boots things of that nature?

Rocket_Raccoon

I´m also for separate benches.
What errors did you get?
Also, do you plan on making the various army uniforms available separate from factions mod?

Skynert

Is Rimmunation still not compatible with Rim  of Magic?

Chicken Plucker

Updated: Get to the Chopper! - Aircraft mod
(Download links in the front page)

Arrival of aeroplanes, C-130 Hercules and the Phenom 300, which is a slick private jet.

DeLorean flying car has been unlocked and taken off as an easter egg, now it is researchable

- Stat changes for fuel and mass for most helicopters
- All aircraft made haulable with minified def changes
- All aircraft has chance of exploding upon destruction now
- 2 new aeroplanes and research tabs
- Travelled back in time

- New world expanding icons

- Massive deletion of in-folder content such as source and .psd files to greatly reduce mod's disk space requirements and possibly loading time.

Got a festival I gotta attend tommorrow all, enjoy

Quote from: Skynert on September 07, 2019, 05:27:05 AM
Is Rimmunation still not compatible with Rim  of Magic?

I believe it works fine now, the Auger was patched by Jecrell last time I've checked so I removed the incompatibility notice in the description

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 07, 2019, 04:26:52 AM
I´m also for separate benches.
What errors did you get?
Also, do you plan on making the various army uniforms available separate from factions mod?

Thank you for this suggestion, and it's complicated, I was trying to do something complex but it just didn't work out well since there was no option to allow what textile you would use for clothes. Same for helmets.

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 07, 2019, 02:43:40 AM
Im for compartmentalizing into multiple benches if need be. Vanilla apparel expanded alone adds a lot of clothing so separating them would be best i think. The red horse are the army uniforms from various nations, ghillies etc right? rimmu nation the one with the backpacks and I would assume, combat boots things of that nature?

Yes, though the red horse military uniforms will have their own rucksacks and gear, just no combat boots or gloves since that will stay in Rimmu-Nation's standalone mod as an optional thing

And thanks for the vote guys, been waiting for it. Multiple benches are okay, makes my life a lot easier meaning updates come sooner!

Gonna take a break guys. Been exhausted sorting out this update.

C-130 ROARIN' DOWN THE STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Special thanks to Madman, for again helping make the aircraft look great with his propeller effects! Edited him in the description on Steam, pardon for doing it late Madman

Madman666

Ugh, the helicopters fit perfectly with that animation, but planes ain't sad to say, CP.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 07, 2019, 02:59:00 PM
Ugh, the helicopters fit perfectly with that animation, but planes ain't sad to say, CP.

As a C-130 lover, I am very hurt.

I understood this was gonna be a challenge, which is why I added other rotation parts and more textures, giving the simulation that the aircraft would move during landing. Couldn't do much with it than leave it in one spot sadly.

If you also saw it takeoff, unlike the helicopter it shows the north view, and on landing it shows both south and side view, side only on touchdown

The Private Jet and C-130 were my only planned aeroplanes, I didn't really think we need more of them. Probably the last stuff that will be added into this mod is the Russian Mi helicopters, but after that we're all done.

Updated: Get to the Chopper! - Aircraft mod (again)

(Download links in the front page)

- Japanese translation by Proxyer added for new stuff
- DeLorean textures improved for north and south

Madman666

Not your fault, bro, the art s nice, the idea is amazing its just as usual - coding limitations. So don't be hurt.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 07, 2019, 09:20:24 PM
Not your fault, bro, the art s nice, the idea is amazing its just as usual - coding limitations. So don't be hurt.

Too late, an hurt.

Hey folks, here to do a combo breaker. I was going to upload the new British Military Kit preview on mobile but it seems Imgur has shut down the mobile phone use, which is a bit annoying but.

Have to go a festival today, may get to miss college Monday if I attend this. See you all soon, cheers

Chicken Plucker

This is the beta release for British Military Kit, meaning a few of the content intended to be added, has not been added yet.

Updated mods:
(Download links in front page)

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Added L85A2
(WARNING: Will break CE Fast Track compatibility, leave it un-updated until everything is sorted if you are a CE user. I will also leave Steam Version un-updated.)

DOOM 1.0
DOOM Kit (Classic)

- Category fixes
- Red Horse category and crafting system implemented (Needed for British Military Kit compatibility)

Quick Edit:
- Immediately changed L85A2's craftability to non-craftable since this may cause issues for the faction. I will be sure to make it craftable with the other weapons intended to be made craftable once all is in order for a Rimmu-Nation Weapons major update

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 09, 2019, 06:16:43 AMRimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Added L85A2
(WARNING: Will break CE Fast Track compatibility, leave it un-updated until everything is sorted if you are a CE user. I will also leave Steam Version un-updated.)

Adding a single new weapon shouldn't really break CE FastTrack completely, other than just that one new weapon not being compatible (yet).

If one of you guys can submit an issue in the CEFT tracker on GitHub, that would be appreciated. I'll try to get it patched in time for the next CEFT update.

But in the meantime, here's a CEFT dev build with a working patch for the L85A2:

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/archive/591778617dfea7217674723f46236fb53d543540.zip

Chicken Plucker

Updated: British Military Kit
(Download link in front page or post above)
- Fixed VIRTUS helmet category issue, pawns won't take them off for no reason anymore

Quote from: sumghai on September 09, 2019, 07:55:40 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 09, 2019, 06:16:43 AMRimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Added L85A2

Adding a single new weapon shouldn't really break CE FastTrack completely, other than just that one new weapon not being compatible (yet).

If one of you guys can submit an issue in the CEFT tracker on GitHub, that would be appreciated. I'll try to get it patched in time for the next CEFT update.

But in the meantime, here's a CEFT dev build with a working patch for the L85A2:

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/archive/591778617dfea7217674723f46236fb53d543540.zip

Thanks sumghai! I can't wait for the Steam release, though I also dread the day Rimmu-Nation: Weapons has to be finished with all of it's craftable stuff and equipment. The patches and other work needing to be done to accomplish it all is a nightmare.

Chicken Plucker

Hello all. I have bad news yet again and I do apologise that these are getting common.

What's happening is.. The filthy RAF regiment has invaded the British Military Kit, and they will sadly be included in the new update with a uniform set for pilots.

RAF Aircrew Helmet
(couldn't find anything about their actual aircrew helmet for helicopters so I just grabbed a US one and gave it a generic name.)

RAF Load Carrying vest
(Not a ballistic vest. It is actually a life jacket in the event of a crash near a body of water.)

RAF Nomex flight suit
(A flight suit with only one patch included, other patches needed are possibly squadron related which isn't applicable here so it is left blank)

Pilot set preview:

If you notice this is no jet pilot, it's more for helicopters or aeroplanes that aren't too high altitude that end up requiring an oxygen mask. I hope I finish the set with no trouble.

I know this is not the kind of news you guys wanna hear, but sadly it is what it is, when the aircrew sets foot in your colony you will have to prepare a five star room with a royal double bed, minimum size is a 10x10 tile space room or else your aircraft may not fly properly and so your squaddies may have to march all the way to the location.

In other news, I've been working on some berets for the regiments: (Berets courtesy of Ods)
Customizable beret that can have any colour you choose while maintaining cap badge colour

(cap badge used belong to The Rifles, infantry regiment)

Guardsman beret (cap badge used belong to Coldstream Guards)

Parachute Regiment beret

Royal Marines Commando beret

Reconnaisance Beret (UKSF)

Special Air Service Beret (UKSF)

Special Boat Service Beret (UKSF)

Been working on some parody recruitment previews:

Has a bigger version, parody poster of the controversial Army 'Millenials' ad

EDIT: New previews

Bloody RAF Reg.

EDIT: More new previews.

GSR Gas Mask, CBRN use.

Decided it was inappropriate and easy to misinterpret the parody nature of the preview. Homeless veterans are prevalent in the UK among other places in the rest of the world, and I thought it wasn't funny anymore adding the army advert logos and such in this one. I was gonna start a poll and ask opinions about it, but I said a prayer instead and was lead by the Lord to get rid of the 'joke' version since jokes are supposed to be funny and not depressing.

The intention behind the original version was to highlight the fact that the Army leaves a soldier on their own once they leave service and focuses on their new replacement, and so some of them run into unfortunate circumstances, living a life of importance and purpose in the military, only to end up sitting outside the cold streets. Me and my friend Ods both felt that it's very painful to think about these things being a reality and to then make it a part of a joke.

EDIT: Another new preview

New NAVY preview, Royal Marines one simplified

EDIT: Aaaand more previews.

Madman666

Rocket_Raccoon

Haha, awesome stuff.
You had me there for a second or two :D

Chicken Plucker

Massive updates today guys, but none on British Military Kit yet.

Been trying to get Jecrell's alliance code for me working, sadly we will not have it on the factions since it's not working the way they ought to be. For example Last Man Mercs' tanks stopped working and high raid tickets caused errors due to the pawnkind's body filtering system to simulate fitness standards. It really sucks but as long as we have a working mod rather than a fancy broken one I say it's all breezy.

With all that, the Alliance feature will not be a thing, this is a worthwhile sacrifice to keep the mods functional and tanks a feature for the factions who should own them. I'm waiting for dninemfive to perhaps give alternative code he has on faction customization, and waiting for Jecrell to send his source if he's able, so maybe we can try and fix the issues ourselves (we meaning me and whoever is interested in helping lol)

Mods updated list:
(DOWNLOAD LINKS IN THE FRONT PAGE)

All the faction mods:
- Task Force 141
- The Ghosts
- Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Umbra Company

- Elite Crew
- Last Man Mercs

- Compatibility fixes for new Elite Crew weapons
- Various fixes (forgot them all already)

Brand new re-skinned weapons unique to the Elite Crew, thought it was a great alternative to being stuck with the Rimmu-Nation craftable crisis since I had to remove their old gear from the benches.

're-skinned' may be misleading.
- RGD-5 has less damage than the HE Grenades but wider explosion radius
- Molotov behaves the same
- C4 looks freakin' fresh and also has a wider explosion radius. Compared to the old C4 available in Rimmu-Nation, it has 200 damage (old C4 has 250) but in return has a wider explosion radius.
- New C4 takes slightly longer to plant, and has a longer detonation delay

Elite Crew is now 100% compatible with Rimmu-Nation and is almost finished. Their parkas are also fully colorable and features the mapping system to avoid the belt and other details such as the red armband from being re-colored.

Last Man Mercs sees their T-55 tank textures updated, I am abandoning the front and back views accross all planned tanks and vehicles. I am now doing a certain angle under the good advice of NECEROS (SRTS Expanded mod author) and since it's worked out for the DeLorean it's what's gonna be done for the other vehicular stuff.

I just wish I can add a comp sustainer for the tanks so they sound like tanks. LMMC is close to Steam release after some polishing, but Elite Crew is due a Steam release.

Faction mods have been moved to a new folder in Google Drive to better organise the stuff.

Updated mods:

DOOM 1.0
Doom Kit - Classic

- Sound fixes
- Category fixes

CQC Takedown
- Increased cooldown to 2 seconds to balance with new Glory Kill Takedown mod

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- Fixed missing molotov, HE grenades and C4.
- Made the three throwables craftable and also fixed their categories
- Compatibility fixes for new Elite Crew weapons

Mod release:
(Link in the front page)

Rip and tear until it is done.

NOTE: Pawns need to be at least 12 melee to perform a glory kill takedown.

Features:
- Allows your colonists to perform a "Glory Kill" takedown, based on the iconic DOOM 4 feature.
- Custom sound effects
- Adds a "ripped and torn" hediff on the target, which brings down their consciousness
- Random body parts are destroyed or torn off
- Does not guarantee a kill, though it is highly likely due to the nature of the damage done

- Works on other kinds of races, effects vary depending on the health and scale of the creature, centipedes for example will not immediately die but will be downed due to the hediff added

All of these features courtesy of [h1]dninemfive[/h1] none of this would not have been possible without his help!

[h1]Red Horse Takedown mods:[/h1]

Metal Gear Solid - CQC Takedown Mod (Non-Lethal)

DOOM - Glory Kill Takedown Mod (Lethal)

Disclaimer:
- Be careful not to rip and tear your own colonists, especially when they are occupying the same space as your target!
- Mod is highly unbalanced. This mod has no chance of being polished in terms of balancing because of coding limitations.
- Using the ability towards allies will cause zero reactions from them, another coding limitation issue that may be left unfixed.

Want more DOOM?

DOOM 1.0:

Credits to:
dninemfive - C# coding
Jecrell - C# coding
id Software and Bethesda - For DOOM. "It just works." - Todd Howard

Goodnight guys I have to go sleep, it's 1:00 AM and I am exhausted.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 11, 2019, 09:06:36 AM
Haha, awesome stuff.
You had me there for a second or two :D

Thanks man  8)

And yes, RAF Reg isn't a joke, they come in and they order room service while your squaddie friends are out there in the cold with a wet sleeping bag

Quote from: Madman666 on September 11, 2019, 05:15:11 AM
LawL.

Hey Madman, I'm wondering when you're gonna check out that Bergen code