[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Madman666

Rocket_Raccoon

Maaaybe that here:
QuoteMadman, you're back again. It's been a year already. When will your thirst of hacking the carrying capacity ever end?

Btw, maybe add carrying capacity for the smock?
And some colt weather cap like the fleece lined mvp cap in mtp and a boonie/field cap? :p

Kazzerk

With the new updates for factions is CE:FasTrack incompatible for now?

Ink.

CP, now seeing that you've figured out a decent way to get helicopters and aircraft into the game, any chance of bringing a motorcycle into the (Rim)World? Such as the HD Fat Boy in Terminator 2 or the HD chopper from Easy Rider? Nothing says badass more than a killer on a motorcycle.

Rocket_Raccoon

Haha Chicken, motorbike again :p

As a side note, the beta version of the british looks awesome.
Bravely held the line against insurgent fighters in a field in helmand province and clearing the hayfields now

Chicken Plucker

Updated: British Military Kit 1.0 (BETA)  & Rimmu-Nation Weapons
(Download links are in the front page)

Guys I pulled it out of the bag for you lot before sleep. I'm exhausted.

So I've added all the helmets, including the RAF Aircrew helmet.

Nomex flight suit is unfinished, so is the load carrier vest. Berets have not been added and any other 'hat'. To be done.

Update summary
British Military Kit (BETA)
- All combat helmets added, including VIRTUS (GSR Gasmask), Marine and Para version of helmets and RAF Aircrew helmet
- Added Pcs Smock with webbing
- Fixed research issues and cost being too high

Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Phase 2 of mod being finalized has started, finally starting to add uncraftable weapons in the crafting bill while making them still usable for faction mods

I'll keep this shorter cause I am about to drop asleep guys. I made a breakthrough in Rimmu-Nation Coding making craftable rifles without needing to patch them for factions. This is key.

Here's the four of the rifles I've tested it with that used to be rare or only purchasable from factions:
- L85A2
- DDM4 V1
- M4A1 MIL-SPEC
- M4A1 SD MIL-SPEC

I've also patched Rimmu-Nation Weapons requiring the tailor skill rather than the crafting skill for all bench workgivers. It starts with this small thing, next thing you know we'll have Rimmu-Nation benches populated with more machineguns, DMR and sniper rifles that used to be rare.

I'll reply to your posts and go to sleep ASAP.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 11, 2019, 11:25:01 PM
Bergen code? Whats that about, CP?

The rucksack, since I've left notes in ever backpack coding for you ever since you said you would edit their values

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 12, 2019, 01:09:29 PM
Maaaybe that here:
QuoteMadman, you're back again. It's been a year already. When will your thirst of hacking the carrying capacity ever end?

Btw, maybe add carrying capacity for the smock?
And some colt weather cap like the fleece lined mvp cap in mtp and a boonie/field cap? :p

Not the pcs Smock, I never add any carry capacity on normal shells meant for warmth since the CPBackpacks.dll can be unstable, having it used for as few items as I can is what's best.

This smock version however, has a PLCE webbing on it, and this one has carrying capacity. It's been added in the latest update. Boonie hat sure, maybe on the field cap. They're not really popular here since they're called "craphats" by soldiers, it's what people on phase 1 wear before they've earned the beret, but even then you rarely see them put it on since it's more of an American thing

Quote from: Ink. on September 12, 2019, 02:38:44 PM
CP, now seeing that you've figured out a decent way to get helicopters and aircraft into the game, any chance of bringing a motorcycle into the (Rim)World? Such as the HD Fat Boy in Terminator 2 or the HD chopper from Easy Rider? Nothing says badass more than a killer on a motorcycle.

Sorry my friend that will require a vehicle mod framework, where you can see the pawn and it doesn't just fly off the screen. My aircraft mod is buggy enough as it is since it's using someone else's code.

There are plans to have issues fixed with the help of LimeTreeSnake, however it'll be just for aircraft and there's nothing from me about vehicles that will act like normal vehicles should. I would note that if vehicles ever come

Quote from: Kazzerk on September 12, 2019, 01:15:47 PM

You are correct, yes. Pardon me for forgetting to mention this, but the incompatibility only applies to Elite Crew and their few new weapons. I don't know where Sumghai is but he just appears outta nowhere sometimes

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 12, 2019, 03:14:51 PM
Haha Chicken, motorbike again :p

As a side note, the beta version of the british looks awesome.
Bravely held the line against insurgent fighters in a field in helmand province and clearing the hayfields now

Thank you, I like the picture! This is what motivated me into doing the update today before sleep. Cheers all goodnight!

EDIT:
Forgot to actually upload the Rimmu-Nation Weapons update as of this post, oof. Please redownload if you have downloaded the update within 10 minutes of this post

EDIT 2:
Accidentally replaced the old pcs smock with the new one, I have solved this issue now and requires re-download if you have downloaded the British Military Kit (BETA) update within approx 40 minutes of this post

FINAL BLOODY EDIT:
Accidentally uploaded 3 copies of British Military Kit, deleted them all and uploaded the latest working update. My apologies guys, please redownload the stuff if you have taken them early on if you read this post without this final update. As you may see I am hangin' out of my buttocks and am dying. Goodnight.

Madman666

Rucksacks? Well i ve beefed em up by like +10-15 kgs ages ago, whats more to check out there? Also the concept of "Bergen code" is unfamilliar to me, which got me confused.

Plus, now that i have choppers with amazing cargo capacity, hacking rucksacks aren't that mandatory. Though its still nice for mods like Pick Up and Haul, so people can haul even more items at once.

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 12, 2019, 08:19:33 PMYou are correct, yes. Pardon me for forgetting to mention this, but the incompatibility only applies to Elite Crew and their few new weapons. I don't know where Sumghai is but he just appears outta nowhere sometimes

WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER?

All jest aside, I do monitor this thread from time to time since I'm a fan of Rimmu-Nation and am currently committed to maintaining their compatibility patches for CE:FT.

That being said, I'm often busy with both my day job as an engineer, other non-RW projects and various CE patches, so the CE:FT team would appreciate it if people would report any mod compatibility issues directly on GitHub, as it makes it easier for us to track progress:

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/issues

Once we start maintaining a Steam release, there will also be a notice there to reminder people to post questions on GitHub too.

Chicken Plucker

Here's the full kit list for the mod. I'm pleased to say all textures are finished and we are only pending the coding update, which I will do later for the British Military Kit.

AFV Crew Helmet
A tank crewman helmet, it's actually outdated, the Army uses a newer one with a cut for headsets similar to the CVC or FAST helmet shape, but because I'm out of time I just kept this oldie but goldie one.

Classic Mark 7 helmet which was in our old mod, obviously. I can't bear abandoning the old kit so I just threw in one variant for old times' sake.

Osprey Body Armour, I did not bother making a new one. The old version looked good enough, though it wasn't accurately using MTP (Multi-Terrain Pattern) I am satisfied with it and would be a nice surplus thing to leave.

The old MK7 and Osprey gear set probably won't be used by the faction, along with all the berets and non-combat hats. Except for trader units.

Disgusting Royal Military Police (RMP) beret. Bloody feds.

See you guys soon with a finished mod and a Steam release.

Quote from: Madman666 on September 12, 2019, 10:25:46 PM
Rucksacks? Well i ve beefed em up by like +10-15 kgs ages ago, whats more to check out there? Also the concept of "Bergen code" is unfamilliar to me, which got me confused.

Plus, now that i have choppers with amazing cargo capacity, hacking rucksacks aren't that mandatory. Though its still nice for mods like Pick Up and Haul, so people can haul even more items at once.

"Bergen" is the name of the rucksack and me saying "Bergen code" is just referring to the coding of the rucksack. I say the backpacks are still vital since you never know when an aircraft can go down or run out, at the end of the day the troops win the battles!  8)

Quote from: sumghai on September 13, 2019, 08:35:32 AM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on September 12, 2019, 08:19:33 PMYou are correct, yes. Pardon me for forgetting to mention this, but the incompatibility only applies to Elite Crew and their few new weapons. I don't know where Sumghai is but he just appears outta nowhere sometimes

WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER?

All jest aside, I do monitor this thread from time to time since I'm a fan of Rimmu-Nation and am currently committed to maintaining their compatibility patches for CE:FT.

That being said, I'm often busy with both my day job as an engineer, other non-RW projects and various CE patches, so the CE:FT team would appreciate it if people would report any mod compatibility issues directly on GitHub, as it makes it easier for us to track progress:

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/issues

Once we start maintaining a Steam release, there will also be a notice there to reminder people to post questions on GitHub too.

Thank you Sumghai (see what I mean?), we are nearing the end of Phase 1 with all of this. Gonna finish Rimmu-Nation soon and I can feel it.

After British Military we start US Military ASAP.

Chicken Plucker

Oi what's up legends, we are out of beta.

(Download links to the updates are in the front page)

Red Horse Furniture updated (Non-VR and Black Hat Version also)
- Changed ThoughtDef for British MRE for compatibility with British Military Kit mod

British Military Kit 1.0
- Coded all apparel
- Added British MREs and they are now cookable with this mod.

(Sheep textures courtesy of OskarPotocki from Vanilla Animals Expanded)

Mod is finished guys. My eyes are closing. Forgot to test the ghillie suit and check the crafting bills but I'm falling asleep here, you all enjoy, cheers

EDIT:

Yep, it works.

hauvega

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Rocket_Raccoon

Awesome, will test it out later.
As a side note, since I used your carry weight on normal shell items, which trouble(s) could occur?
€: boonie hats, ghillies, berets etc in full version?

Chicken Plucker

Google Drive is getting terribly full near soon, will need to clear stuff out or move all of my mods on a new account.

With that out of the way, here's some
New updates:
(Download links in the front page)

Elite Crew is finally finished and polished the way it was meant to. Last Man Mercs on the other hand.. Turns out the tank crew stopped spawning after death ever since we fixed the T-55 issues. Need to fix that later, but for now it's not high priority

We have here our very first Rimmu-Nation melee weapon. I have not added it into Rimmu-Nation yet but this is a start, similar to the crafting bills, this is the start of a snowball rolling down the hill, finally that mod can be finished too.

Elite Crew

* Description fixes
* Skinner Knife added
* Pawntype weapon selection fixed (snipers now do not spawn with an AK47)

Last Man Mercs

* Description fixes
* T-55 size enlarged slightly since I felt it looked too small

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
The following weapons are now craftable:

* M107
* M14 EBR MIL-SPEC
* L129A1
* L115A3
* M40A5
* Remington MSR
* SV-98

* FN Minimi
* FN MAG

British Military Kit

* Beret and Ghillie Suit hood missing from crafting bill fixed

Quote from: hauvega on September 14, 2019, 08:33:50 PM
Another fine job CP.

Thanks as always hauvega  8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 15, 2019, 03:12:06 AM
Awesome, will test it out later.
As a side note, since I used your carry weight on normal shell items, which trouble(s) could occur?
€: boonie hats, ghillies, berets etc in full version?

Hey mate sorry for my late reply since this morning, been very busy sorting this all out on Steam.

The trouble really was a possibility of mod conflicts with the sheer amount of clothing I could put carry weight on, it affected the helicopters mod and I had to downgrade into the old version of Rimmu-Nation Clothing and abandon a latest test version I was gonna use that had an up-to-date harmony.dll. Enough of that mod-talk cause my brain is hurting trying to remember how I spent 2 sleepless nights trying to make helicopters work..

Basically keeping the carry weight at minimum use makes my life easier since there's almost no chance of anything breaking if I kept it to accessories or a few shells

I fixed the beret issues, thanks for letting me know, only caught on to it after things were all uploaded

EDIT:
Messed up uploads again, please re-download Rimmu-Nation: Weapons if you downloaded the update before this edit was present.

Also re-updated British Military Kit and Last Man Mercs due to About.xml grammar. That's about it, goodnight all

Chicken Plucker

Updated - British Military Kit
(Download links in the front page)

- Aligned all Hulk body types since they were off-centred to the right

Gonna be a busy day for me all, cheers

Madman666