[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Rocket_Raccoon

Sounds good!
So russia still in the list of factions to be made?
Got some german army textures/items I could maybe give to you when the time comes.

Chicken Plucker

We have a new update for once

DOWNLOAD LINK AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE
New Update:

Rimmu-Nation Weapons

Hello all, been very busy lately so I apologise. I have 'fixed' the new craftable weapons not having an "unfinished" object that can be completed later, but with this new fix comes an issue where you will get errors and crafting items disappearing if you reload your save.

+Fixed craftable weapons not having an "unfinisheddef" which could be completed later.

*PLEASE DELETE YOUR OLD CRAFTING BILLS AND RE-MAKE THEM TO AVOID ISSUES*
- Resources will go missing on the old bills
- Errors on the log

If you delete the old bills and add the new working ones, the new update will kick in and we will have zero problems.

As a good news to this downside we have a lot of Russian weapons that were too rare to find finally making it in the crafting benches. Here is a list of new craftable firearms:

+ New craftables:
- AK12
- AK15
- AK47
- FN FAL
- TAC-50
- Kalashnikov SVK
- Mk 48
- PKM

+ DMR work to make increased for multiple weapons due to them being too low

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 22, 2019, 12:33:40 PM
Sounds good!
So russia still in the list of factions to be made?
Got some german army textures/items I could maybe give to you when the time comes.

The textures are done, and always will be. Russia is inevitible.

Endgame memes aside, my bro Ods has been doing Russia and Chinese military textures. He's got a significant amount of work done, Russian textures are finished and China is WIP. I just need the US, a lot of time and some codes to get the party started and we say hello to WWIII phase of Red Horse.

We're in the end game now.

The idea came about as a joke when Ods was commissioned to make Russian military textures, I thought it'd be funny if we made the opposing sides of the factions with their noticeable different texture designs for clothing, makes for quite a bit of a realistic differing manufacturer feel

Quote from: dninemfive on October 20, 2019, 07:40:08 PM
I would call them Cordis Die, personally.

Thanks dnine, I do like that however it means we have to abandon their cool logo and it'll have to be this one instead:

Chicken Plucker

Finished all onskins, the JPC body armor for them despite losing the JPC template (still had the FLYYE Swift hulk lying around) and finished the Assault helmet variant, which is a FAST helmet base with lots of changes. I may still call it a FAST, not sure what the helmet is IRL but it's a non-existant original design for Black Ops 2 concept art.

Got minor issues with onskin having some colors coming out of the black outline, which is my fault, having a hard time erasing them so they don't come out but it's just annoying and it's there. Can't be bothered to fix it if it's not that noticeable, especially if zoomed out. Hope it doesn't show issues when coded later, or else I have to redo them somehow since I didn't save the .psd versions while doing these.

Anyway guys time for me to sleep. Target is to fix Cordis Die and get it ready to launch by this weekend.

Chicken Plucker

Ladies and Germans, I present "Cordis Die". They will be with you all shortly and they will not be nice at all.

I had to redo the Assault helmet due to being inaccurate, took away the headset since they had ear pieces in concept art.

Unit kinds:

Need to do:

CLAW Assault Drone

Weapons

So here's some custom Cordis Die weapons:

PDW 57 (does not exist in real life)

LSAT

DSR-50

AK117 (does not exist in real life)

So this faction has their unique weapons that are non-existent irl. AK117 is pretty much an AK12, PDW 57 being a P90. There's a few more to be added, and I'm excited with the uniqueness of the faction so far.

I got some plans with help of dninemfive to modify the factions to have a minimum set skill in terms of combat and maybe body types being enforced to simulate fitness standards.

PS: Rip CE compatibility  :o

Chicken Plucker

All aboard the hype train.

- Finalized custom previews.

- Finalized all apparel and weapon textures.

- Finalized CLAW textures

Just have to code everything now, hopefully it's all done by Sunday and we have a Beta working here. Cheers all, I'm hyped!

Madman666

I ll be the first passenger of that hype train once again!

Chicken Plucker

(https://i.imgur.com/rqAkl7C.gifv) <- Meme version with Kobold

Facing delays today guys. Gotten busy, so I will have to delay the coding.

I've coded all uniforms, but we still need to balance the new weapons and figure out how the new mechanoid coding will work.

Done custom names coding for the faction bases and the FactionDefs, but there's still more work to be done..

Introducing the Dragonfire drone, it holds a 5.56x45mm machinegun. Very low on HP and protection but can be annoying and deadly to whatever it's trying to kill.

(Concept image of how it may look in game)

Lots of mods are pending updates, many tweaks, description fixes and etc will be released alongside Cordis Die however I am sadly far too busy today now to carry on with a possible release, cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

UPDATE DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE

I'll keep it as short as pos guys cause I gotta go sleep right now.

Rimmu-Nation Clothing (All Craftable) <- This version only, main version needs no update
- Patched CPBackpacks.dll issue that only exists with this mod, it made caravans not show any carry capacity thing

Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- New textures for Saiga 12 and FN Ballista in preparation for Cordis Die

Last Man Mercs
- Balaclava description fixes

Militaires Sans Frontieres
- Fixed pawn plurals of "mercenaries" being labelled on single pawnkinds and "mercenary" on plural (multiple) pawnkinds

British Military Kit
- Fixed CRYE JPC (UKSF) spawning for vanilla factions unintentionally

That's all folks, goodnight. Will try to make as much progress as possible with Cordis Die during the week, but I do have their bases working and their outfit coding finished. Just need to code weapons and the drones, also redo the dragonfire shadow effect to avoid weird looks when it's dead. Cheers everyone!

Chicken Plucker

I'll keep this short again cause I gotta go sleep.

I am developing a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

(Third one can't be seen due to 'renderedinfrontofface' node in .xml only shows side and front)

Cordis Die has met a full halt at the moment, had a discussion with Pelador this morning on my way to work, he wanted me to finish patches and an MGS mod by Sunday to help with his Camo framework mod. It's all full speed ahead to get Solid Snake's outfit for this upcoming mod that will revolutionize stealth.

Cordis Die comes next, nothing better than enemy mercenaries with machines to fight with one man and a box.

And yes.. A box is being worked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXrlurgIB64

Camo mod will allow stealth to be an option in this game, your pawns can have a chance of not being seen depending on the gear they are using, and this then involves my outfits that do have camo on them. I'll talk more about it when we get to that bridge

Take care all. Gotta go sleep

Rocket_Raccoon

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE HERE

BETA RELEASE

Mod Features:
- FOX Sneaking Suit
- FOX Bandana
- MGS hairstyles (currently un-added in Chicken Mitchell mod)
- M9A1 Tranq pistol
- FOX Operation Scenario

NOTE: Mod is unfinished, still in BETA. Apparel is currently uncraftable, only obtainable in trading or using the FOX scenario start. Needs lots of fixes.

Updated mod:

[RH] Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres (1.0) - Updated
- Faction Base logo quality improvement

MSF Faction UPDATE Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Q8SIT3e8EqSSiBEJCTjkQ0r4_lv3Mbx

[CP] Rimmu-Nation: Weapons  (1.0) - Updated

- SOCOM Pistol texture quality improvement

Rimmu-Nation Weapons UPDATE Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CFuxnaQrnFPguGTZLI6G_XppLod2miwv

With the help of dninemfive, I plan on making MSF hostile towards FOX Unit colonies after x amount of days due to their history.

For now, time for me to sleep, still have a deadline for the camo mod today. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE HERE

QuoteAbout:
Replaces vanilla sound effects with the original PS1 Metal Gear Solid sound effects. No more sounds theme from Ground Zeroes.

Sounds replaced:
Urgent Letter Good - MGS 1 codec sound effect
Urgent Letter Bad - MGS 1 alert sound effect
Urgent Letter Bad Big - MGS 1 Konami Jingle
Death - MGS 1 Continue screen gunshot
End Credits Song - MGS 1 End Credits Song "The Best is Yet to Come"
Planet Killer Impact - MGS 1 Game Over Screen with Colonel Campbell screaming "Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAKE!!"
Open notification - MGS 1 Codec open
Close notification - MGS 1 Codec close

Credits to:
AtomicRavioli - Death sound effect patch coding
b o n e s - Metal Gear Alert, of which this mod was highly inspired by, except this time with some MGS V touches to it. (Wink wink, copyright strike pls b0s)
Hideo Kojima - Metal Gear Solid
Konami - The old Konami that helped make the PS1 Metal Gear Solid. The comrades I've lost, won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still here.

Note: This mod will conflict with other sound effects mod, including the one from the original Metal Gear Solid - Incident Sounds

- Out of beta
* Craftable gear
* Edited categories for FOX equipment

Updated Mods:

British Military Kit
DOOM 1.0

- Compatibility fixes for MGS mod
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PaTMHLh80d64bK8O6qGAwvRYTDuvWN7L

Goodnight, very busy week ahead, given myself 3 hours of sleep trying to get things done, assuming I sleep in the next 20 minutes that is. Hope I don't make it to work late.

Description:
A group of terrorists associating themselves with Outer Haven are desperately trying to replicate the Shadow Moses incident, only this time..
It's not exactly your typical FOX operation.

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE
Mods updated:

Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
- Fixed market prices of boots and gloves

DOOM
British Military Kit

- Compatibility fixes with MGS and stuff.

Just some previews guys. Not much progress, I get to lose my weekends this week.

Cordis Die pawntypes and faction base gen playtesting:

Thinking of changing the MGS faction from FOX to FOXHOUND for better accuracy, but this may need a unit rather than a solo infiltrator. Maybe a new scenario? Maybe more outfits? Unsure.

If new outfits are introduced, another stealth weapon that is lethal ought to be introduced.

That's all folks, time for me to sleep. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AVAILABLE IN FRONT PAGE
Mods updated:

Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
- Fixed stuffcost of boots and gloves
(accidentally raised them, sorry)

Cordis Die, coded a few of their weapons. Oh yeah, it's all coming together nicely.

Have to go work now.