[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

1.1 New Mod added, Mods Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mods updated:

Faction: VOID
- mod added

Faction: Coalition
- Trader stock tweaks

Faction: Allegiance
- Scenario tweaks, 6B47 helmet spawns in place of Altyn covered helmet
- Trader stock tweaks

Last Man Contingent
- Super seducer implant added to Barbie girls, adds beauty to the pawns

DOOM
The DOOM Kit - Classic

- Praetor Suit temperature insulation buff. You'll need it.
- BFG and other heavy UAC weapons now need charged shot research, not multi-barrel weapons research

Hey guys, I finally finished VOID.

Please let me know how it goes, cheers!

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on April 25, 2020, 08:11:14 AM
What is VOID? Half Life?

Dead Frontier. Was an early player clan that the admin made custom gear for, he promised to make their gear the best. If they ever became outdated, he said he'll always come to fix it so that the VOID Armor would be the best.

In that game you come across things that would otherwise be impossible to beat without inhuman speed and a heavy machine gun (which you'll find in the mod). There's an implant system in the game too, which is why I took liberties and made my own here. VOID has since disappeared from that game, all their members aren't heard from anymore so I thought "well, what if they're just somewhere else?"

I won't spoil too much. Their story is all over the mod but I hope I don't give away or hide too much of their story if anyone was interested

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mods updated:

Last Man Contingent
- Karma hairstyle fix

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mod Added, Mods updated:

War Mongrels
- Faction returns to 1.1
- Special thanks to my brother Ods for having done most of the textures for this faction!

Last Man Contingent
- 6B43 and HVY Body armor descriptions swapped
- 6B43 body armor stat tweaks
- War Mongrels appareltag compatibility

Coalition
- Woodland camo patches fixed for Camo and Stealth mod

Allegiance
- Woodland camo patches fixed for Camo and Stealth mod
- leader title is now in Russian
- GORKA-4 cold insulation buff

VOID
- Apparel market price cost raised
- Crafting skill requirement for weapons raised, in case a mod makes them craftable

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- GORKA-4 cold insulation buff

Military Furniture
- War Mongrels recruitable patch added for soldier and Spetsnaz pawntypes
- Fridges no longer have drugs automatically enabled
- Fridges can stock MREs

Finally finished season 1 of factions, I've neglected some IRL things and we're meant to be back to the military college tomorrow (haven't done me bloody maths homework, rip press ups all day) so I bid you all farewell for now, will take a much needed break. Good news, they meant online lessons!

I have not released the 4 new factions yet on Steam since the Modern Warfare mods need me to finish their epic faction trailer, unfortunately that maths homework and other things I haven't sorted out are more important so I'll get back to it in a bit. Cheers all.

I keep dun goofin, I'm gonna get removed in a minute

Hotfixes
DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

War Mongrels
- Missing textures fix
- Boss pawntype weapon selection fix
- Mixed spetsnaz pawntypes shooting and melee skill stat buff
- PBB M-99 body armor description fixed

Chicken Plucker

Hi all, my apologies but there were lots of issues overlooked and updates I haven't uploaded. The post above has been heavily edited, I hope you guys who were early didn't miss anything.

I fixed GORKA-4 having average clothing insulation, I haven't spotted that for ages!

I did a simulation, made Allegiance and War Mongrels fight. War Mongrels played their accordion and blew up over half of Allegiance Spetsnaz, they would've lost but War Mongrels retreated. They had higher numbers left but I suppose they were finished. Not to be underestimated, they're as dangerous as I remember.

Allegiance couldn't get to the leader that had the accordion, and neither could my team because the infantry was on us, pretty tacticool if you ask me

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mod updated:

VOID
- Fixed errors that appear when enabled alone

Update, minor fix

War Mongrels
- M89 camo pants label fixed from "M81"
- Nudged PBB M-99 body armor to the left a bit

Update, fixes

VOID
- Category fixes for VOID weapons, which have no categories and ended up being left on the floor. This is now fixed

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mod updated:

Coalition
Allegiance
Task Force 141
The Ghosts

Elite Crew
Cordis Die
Umbra Company
War Mongrels
Last Man Contingent

Spec Ops: The Line
Military Furniture
- Body Purist ban on their pawntypes. "Oh you'd rather die than have a bionic stomach? Too bad."

VOID
- Fixed description errors with destruction implant and genius implant

Ruisuki

do any of the transportation mods require fuel or is it something you plan on adding in the future?

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mod updated:

VOID
- Voidtech stomach now prevents food poisoning
- Voidtech liver recipe bill fix, no longer to show kidney for surgery
- Violence implant description hyperlink to genius implant fix
- GAUSS rifle cooldown and aim time reduced slightly
- Dusk Carbine cooldown and aim time reduced slightly

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- K6-3 and Rys-T helmet shape of side view fixed to be more accurate to Altyn shape
- K6-3 and Rys-T balaclava no longer use a three hole balaclava
- RN Apparel Bench needs Electricity research now

Rimmu-Nation Gloves N' Boots
- Mini tailor bench needs Electricity research now

British Military Kit
- British tailor bench needs Electricity research now

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- SMAW and Carl Gustaf accuracy buffed

*Note:
- Moved Get to the Safe Zone! back to "beta mods" folder. Too unstable.

Quote from: Ruisuki on May 02, 2020, 09:29:39 PM
do any of the transportation mods require fuel or is it something you plan on adding in the future?

The mods you're talking about use frameworks, I.E. YAYO'S MOTORS Core or Smash Phil's Boats. If they don't have an option to add Chemfuel, then I can't add Chemfuel. If they add the option, sure.

Chicken Plucker

Currently working on a DOOM 1.1 update, featuring DOOM Eternal equipment.

Praetor Suit MK 2

So I found it very hard to rework the old praetor suit with my old methods of having to recolor every part. My bro Ods taught me you can put a white textured item in Photoshop and set it to "Multiply" and then you can recolor it manually. So much easier for me. I de-saturated some colours off, and raised the brightness/contrast up. It left me with a color-able base, just like the GORKA-4. I'm glad Id Software themselves shared the Praetor Suit's colours for cosplayers, I just worked with that.

I added-on some details. I'll also be adding an implant for the DOOM scenario, called "Slayer's mark" which would make your starting slayer significantly stronger even without the praetor suit. Its the closest I can get to the game's lore since I've read that Doom guy was blessed with power by some archangel or some yadda yadda it doesn't make sense to me but whatever. Long as you get to blow things up.

- BFG 9000 warmup firing time will be faster but blast radius is smaller
- UAC Rocket Launcher warmup firing time will be faster but blast radius is smaller

As for the UAC Faction, they are a ton of work and I prefer not to be stressed out. UAC and US Military Kit have both been in a troubled production state, both being finished or semi-finished with new textures that were lost in the hard drive crashes. They've had to be redone over and over.

UAC Wildcat

UAC Shepherd

UAC Raven

Funnily enough DOOM Eternal has made the UAC Raven variant more popular with them showing up in cutscenes. These elite guards were pushed aside by Slayer so he can take their gear, though I'm sure in their own right they would be badasses (Doom guy just has that effect on anyone). I'm thinking of making a black version of this armor, those guys wore a UAC ASP armor with their Raven helmets. I'm thinking of giving the player a UAC Scenario, where they take control of an elite task force from the UAC.

UAC Task Force Scenario:
- 5 Pawntypes with black UAC Raven and black UAC ASP armors (Or.. make them colorable? Random colors?)
- 5 Plasma guns
- You will have up to fabrication technology researched
- Research speeds will be increased significantly
- Crafting speed doubled
- Will spawn with UAC Nanotech healer serums (With fabrication researched you can produce your own or buy from friendly UAC settlements)
- Glitter tech medicine
- Hyperweave sleeping bags (not sure if I should even add sleeping bags)
- Will spawn with UAC soldier serum hediffs
- I'm not sure, I feel like giving the player 25,000 silver too as spending money since UAC is willing to spoil you but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

It'll basically be the overpowered start that Red Horse can offer. We've had the difficult solo-man factions in FOXHOUND scenario, the medium level ones from 141, Coalition and MSF etc. and now this. A spacer tech faction that you can spoil yourself with.

Unfortunately there's so much to do. There's also those red guards which I may skip for now. We'll see.

(Gotta use the bigger weapons .dll and credit the author to make the Crucible proper in size)

(Asked Dninemfive for a meathook feature that allows players using this weapon to teleport close-range as if they were using its meathook.. May be a feature that never comes due to dnine being busy)

Right now, the goal is to finish this Praetor Suit MK 2 and add the Crucible and the new super shotgun.

"UAC Health Dispenser" - Their own brand of healer mech serums. I may go with this gucci name.

"UAC Lavish Ration" - UAC brand survival packaged meals that are of lavish quality. Issa spicy meatball

Smexy_Vampire

Ruisuki

for some reason backpacks arent giving my pawns the additional carrying capacity

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mod Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Mod updated:

DOOM
DOOM Kit Classic
- BFG and Rocket Launcher blast radius nerf, cooldowns reduced.

(not the big update yet, taking a break from fast progress cause that's highly stressful to me)

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- FN MAG using "Dusk Mag" SFX error fixed

Prisoner Apparel
- Nudged textures to the right to center the textures better

Retro Joy
- Dungeons and Randies table now needs 100 wood, not 50
- Rock Em Sock Em table now needs 80 wood, not 50

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on May 08, 2020, 06:49:31 PM
uac and new doom stuff POG

Oh yeah, the progress is super slow. I'm heavily discouraged from UAC and US Military, both were my biggest projects that were almost finished twice until hard drive crashes. I'm a bit glad it waited this long, textures look better than how I'd have left them, but it's still causing me stress getting it done cause I feel DOOM has high expectations, with demons and such.

I'll try and not burn out, cause the current project has made me consider leaving modding with its difficulty and dedication needed

Quote from: Ruisuki on May 09, 2020, 05:09:45 AM
for some reason backpacks arent giving my pawns the additional carrying capacity

Hey Ruisuki, if you're playing with CE the backpacks won't do their thing cause CE overrides the code for them. However if you have harmony that is all it should take to work. If you don't have CE and harmony won't work for some reason then maybe a mod conflict with other inventory related mods?

Skynert

Hey, what with steam version of new factions? They are out from beta right?