[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mods Updated:

TFW you can't stay at 888 post cause you have more updates to do

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

DOOM 1.1
- UAC Marine armor can no longer be tainted/deadman's apparel

DOOM: UAC Kit
- UAC Powered armor can no longer be tainted/deadman's apparel
- Negotiator implant description tweak

Faction: UAC
- UAC Powered armor can no longer be tainted/deadman's apparel
- Negotiator implant description tweak

Faction: VOID
- Giant spider decay patch

Quote from: Skynert on June 17, 2020, 07:53:01 AM
Thank you for hard work, and good luck.

Hey, thanks Skynert!

Follow-up fixes:

- UAC Skin Suit description fixed

Follow-up fixes 2:

- Giant Spider side view texture touch-ups

Follow-up fixes 3:

- ARC Soldiers incorrectly using elite uniform fixed
- Sapper mode disabled for the low tier UAC Security guys to prevent errors

- Giant Spider body coverage tweaks to prevent errors regarding torso

Follow-up fixes 4:

- Crucible worktomake slight increase
- Added 2 components to crafting cost
- Crucible crafting cost order fixed to try and patch out stuffable bug for unfinished item

DOOM 1.1
- Crucible worktomake slight increase
- Added 2 components to crafting cost
- Crucible crafting cost order fixed to try and patch out stuffable bug for unfinished item

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mods Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

- UAC helmets moved to UAC Fabrication bench
- UAC Fabrication bench texture flipped for west
- UAC bionics fixed to appear on UAC Fabrication bench
- BFG 9000 warmup time reduction

- EVA compatibility tag for Save our ship removed. It won't work due to the power armor not occupying middle and shell layer.
- Nerotonin pill description edited

QuoteSave our Ship 2 and the EVA tag
The VOID Reactive uses the middle layer, its a power armor meant to be working in space along with the VOID helmet, unfortunately for the "EVA" tag to work for apparels, the apparel has to occupy both middle and shell layer.

This means I cannot patch VOID armor to work with Save our Ship 2. I apologise for the inconvenience.

DOOM 1.1
- UAC marine helmets moved to UAC Fabrication bench
- UAC Fabrication bench flipped for west texture
- BFG 9000 warmup time reduction

- UAC helmets moved to UAC Fabrication bench
- UAC Fabrication bench texture flipped for west
- UAC bionics fixed to appear on UAC Fabrication bench

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mods Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

20/06/20 Category fixes update (I'm really sorry you have to re-download all this edition)
Mods updated:

Faction Mods:
(ALL FACTIONS)
Ghosts
Task Force 141
Coalition
Allegiance
Militaires Sans Frontieres

Umbra Company
Last Man Contingent
War Mongrels
Cordis Die
Elite Crew

UAC
VOID

(ALL OUTFIT MODS)

Rimmu-Nation Mods:
Rimmu-Nation: Clothing

Red Horse outfit mods:
DOOM
DOOM Kit: Classic
Spec Ops: The Line
Metal Gear Solid
British Military Kit
US Military Kit

Others:
Military Furniture

Hey guys just as an explanation, I needed to do this update to avoid it in the future. Now I added a new power armor category, it was brought to light with the recent power armor influx on my mods. Formerly we only had the Hunter Reactive and so there was no category for them, they went under "body armor". With this update, if new mods ever come with power armor (like MEDUSA) then there'll be no more problemos.

1.1 Mods Updated 2:

- Chainsaw volume lowered

DOOM 1.1

DOOM kit - Classic
- Chainsaw volume slight tweak
- Chainsaw rotation offset fix

1.1 Mods Updated 3:

- Yet another category fix

DOOM 1.1

DOOM kit: Classic

Hey guys obligatory my apologies for so many updates, love ya george dubya, should be the last one (for now)

Mod fixes 22/06:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Metal Gear Solid 1.1
- Gene therapy-2 implant colour back to original

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- Hunter Reactive missing a category fix

Hotfix city 22/06:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

- Bionics now have mass to stop errors

DOOM: UAC kit
- Bionics now have mass to stop errors

Update 25/06:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieries
- Faction description improved, grammar fix and dates removed

Update 25/06 Part Two: Electric Boogaloo:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

- UAC Engineer pawnkinds are now labelled "engineer" instead of staff member
- UAC Researcher pawnkinds are now labelled "researcher" instead of staff member
- UAC Marine pawnkinds are now labelled "marine" instead of space marine

Update 25/06 The Third

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

- Scenario beginning message tweaks

Chicken Plucker

1.1 Mods Updated:

DOWNLOAD BUTTON MAN!

20/06/20 Category fixes update
Mods updated:

- Category update for Rimmu-Nation stock so UAC can sell/buy Rimmu-Nation power armors too

- Description hyperlink fixes for VOID implants

Hey all. It's the 30th of June, 5th of July is just a moment away. I am running around sorting out my stuff for basic training, need to fix my room and prepare my kit for Sunday.

I wanna thank you all for your support, I hope these mods bring you enjoyment even when I'm gone. I wish you all the best and for God to bless you all to be greater people than you could ever imagine. I'll do my best to have a break while sorting out all my stuff in the last few days, I think these are the last updates right about now.

I plan on finishing these mods:
US Military Kit
SAS Black Kit

Planned future mods:
Diamond Dogs
XOF
MEDUSA
US Armed Forces
British Armed Forces
DOOM Demons
Scavs (Escape from Tarkov)
UNSC
- whatever else assuming I don't get sick of modding

I don't know what else but I'm thinking about getting my hands on my own Halo mod when I get around to it. Just some basic UNSC Marines, ODST and Spartan II bois with their special Spartan II serums.

Anyways, that's all for later. I'm still running miles, got clicking knees and slow pacing but I'm getting there.

Cheers all, see you all next time.

CerberusHellHound

Hey man, I know you're in the military now, I love your mods and I can't thank you enough for makin' em'!

In the distant future if you ever intend to continue modding, I have some suggestions of factions to create which I think would fit your aesthetic. There's way too many of them but maybe some ideas could interest you:

First some factions from killzone:
- Helghast Empire Army (tons of new weapons too)
- Visari Corporation (those guys have the capture troopers and some shiny energy weapons)
- ISA/VSA (Natural enemies of the helghasts, technically VSA and ISA have different equipment and the latter is more modernized and have shadow marshals)
- New Helghan Army (From killzone shadow fall)
- Phantom Talon Corp (Mercenary group from Killzone Mercenaries)

Second, some factions from Uncharted:
- Shoreline (Yet another PMC, buy hey there's business and archeotech on the rimworlds!)
- Lazarevic Mercenary Army (Ruthless serbian merc group.. I mean, there's the war mongrel already, but his guys have a different aesthetic, and he's a serbian archeologue! sortof..)
- Eddy Raja's Pirates + Ramese's pirates (need more lightly armoured and badly armed pirate groups on the rim..)
- Marlowe's Agents (Britons in suits with tactical gear.. what do you want more! Ruthless agents of a secretive royalist group)
- Navarro's mercenaries (the bastards..)

And from another franchise, Far Cry:
- Vaas Pirate Crew (again, the rim needs more lightly armoured pirates for the slaughter! Plus they are easily recognizible what with their red apparel)
- Hoyt's Privateers (Lot of drugs to be made on the rimworld, and natives to be massacred!)
- Rakyats (Fierce warrior tribals who discovered the art of the AK47, and drug use)
- Golden Path (Bunch of tibetan insurgents.. some of them are batshit insane religious nuts, others are ruthless drug traffickers, at the end of the day, those fiends are scums)
- Pagan Min's Royal Army and Royal Guard (The first group is badly equipped and armoured made out of local Rimworld's conscripts, the second is an elite fighting force made up of Min's loyal forces from his homeworld!)
- Eden Gate's Project (Religious cults are bound to pop up on the rimworlds.. those particular ones are forcibly converting everyone else around them about the incoming nuclear doom!)
- Outlander Resistance Union (FC5 Resistance): Rednecks and hillibillies with a heart of gold who teamed up to protect themselves against the growing amount of mercenaries, pirates and militias roaming the rimworld.
Great supporters of Rimmu Nation, they want to make the Rimworld great again!
- Omega Force (Army of advanced cyborg soldiers who hate commies and who's goal is to nuke all the rimworlds to return to tradition.. Basically, Anarcho Primitivist-Transhumanism unity!)

Call of duty franchise:
- Atlas Corporation (Hyper mobile mercs with exoskeletons.. what could go wrong?)
- Settlement Defense Force (Freakin' spacers who hate all planet dwellers.. they came to the rimworld to get all the resources! Oh and they have energy aks.. and robots)
- SATO (Sent from a nearby glitterworld, those guys faces off against the SDF and hunt em' down before they cause too much damage)
- Vietcong (Cordis Die needs some communist friends.. low tech communist friends!)
- Russian Ultranationalists (Maybe a rogue army from the Allegiance, those guys are ruthless.. Oh and also, natural enemies of Task force 141!)
- Al Assad Army (Some more middle easterners to complement the Elite Crew..)
- Sheppard's Shadow Company (Another enemy of the Task Force, a rogue force from the United States of the Rim!)

From STALKER franchise:
- Military (Those guys are aware of the danger of the Rimworld zone, and wants to keep those pesky stalkers groups out! They come from a nearby urbworld)
- Bandits (Damn gopniks.. They are mostly united, although they keep killing eachothers from time to time to find a new leader)
- Duty (Are they noble guardians of the zones, or fascistic enforcers, question of point of view..)
- Liberty (Liberty or death, stalker)
- Mercenary (Those madlads are going into the rimworld quarantined zone.. for money!)
- The renegades (Glorified bandits, but they technically aren't unified into one big gang, instead forming many small groups of murderous stalkers)
- Free Stalkers
- The Ecologists (Linked with the Military, they research artifacts and mutants of the zone)
- Monolith (Crazed cultists, the quarantine zone has made them hostile to all but themselves)
- Clear Sky (Ecologists rival, although they aren't hostile to eachothers. No link with the Military)

Metro franchise:
- Red Line (KILL ALL THE FASCIST SCUMS!)
- Reich (KILL ALL THE RED MUTANTS!)
- Hanza (Capitalism fuck yeah)
- Spartan Order (We're the good guys.. mostly..)
- Munai Baller (Mad Max: Russian Rimworld)
- Cannibal Military Remnants (Crazed allegiance survivors?)
- Church of the Water Tsar (SHUN TECHNOLOGY! But guns are fine. Just not electricity! Electricity is the DEVIL!)
- OSKOM (Lost Allegiance cell.. survived just like the others since the Urbworld became a Rimworld following the war)

Uh, I listed a lot..

daman2501

Concerning the pink boxes issue

To the ones having problems with pinkboxes (IK there´s quite a few already),I still haven´t found a solution, but since it´s a pathing problem it´s likely that somebody fucked up and forgot to include a "neutral" image for each backpack or maybe; simply put, the new Harmony update broke the backpack handler, if that´s the case rolling back to an older version of Harmony should fix it. If that is not the case, then we must pray to papa Tynan that somebody rolls out a community patch while CP´s on basic, because we won´t see him in a long time...

Anyhow, the following mods are playable without problems:

AS OF NOW, ONLY 6 FACTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO USE WITHOUT THE PINK BOXES PROBLEM:
-WAR MONGRELS
-ELITE CREW
-UAC
-CORDIS DIE
-LAST MAN CONTINGENT
-METAL GEAR

these mods on the other hand, are not "playable" (unless you don´t mind huge pink boxes on characters):

Using the other factions, kits and Rimunation apparel will make you encounter pinkboxes, since all of these include backpacks.

(I´m yet to confirm Task force 141, but it seems that it doesn´t include a backpack, so it should be O.K)

PD: Good luck at basic CP, thanks for your mods, without them, Rimworld just woudn´t be the same ;D

YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Rocket_Raccoon

Checked my colony and I am not really sure what you are referring to.
Backpacks from fe british kit or rimmu nation do not flash any /pink box missing texture problem\ for me.
I am using every mentioned mod in my save except war mongrels and uac faction.
So it is not a problem with chicken´s mods on it´s own I guess.
Are you using combat extended? Or did I misunderstood you?

daman2501

No, no I don´t use combat extended, and if there was a conflict I would have known a long time ago, I use CP mods since they came out, and together with another 90 Mods and never had problem, until I updated them to their latest iteration along with harmony, and well... Things went south to put it mildly.
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Canute

Maybe harmony or other nessesary mods got updated to the new 1.2 and this cause problems.
But normaly i would say all mods should have problems with the textures and not only some.
Maybe you can investigate what is the different between these mods.

daman2501

That´s the most interesting thing, only CP mods are affected. Currently I right now run exactly 102 Mods, and have been playing RW for so long I know were each mod needs to be so it doesn´t promp an error.

Sadly in a rimworld scale, my modding skills are at a 2 at best. I know were to look and how to read the error console, but aside from that, actual XML editing and C# Go over me... Sorry to dissapoint, I have actually tried doing something and see if I could release a fix, but to no avail  :-\
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Skynert

Chicken Plucker

Hey all, just dropping by quickly. Unfortunately bleeding through army sleep time (still working these hours cause creases never disappear and boots are never shiny or clean enough). I have a drill test tomorrow I'm anxious to get over with and I earn my Regiment Beret tomorrow.

I understand 1.2 is out and as per usual some changes that make people unhappy and obviously, some broken mods. I have no access to my laptop (thankfully) cause if I did I'd probably end up failing courses here cause I'm spending too much time messing about. I'm not able to fix anything so you guys will have to wait unless someone is able to get things  sorted For my sheer number of mods.

While I've been here on my first excercise, with filthy hands, honking smell and little to no sleep awake on stag I realised maybe I should slow down on my time allocation on mods when I get back to them. Some planned factions are gonna get scrapped and I've decided to do things on my own steam. I still love RimWorld, though now I'm in training and is part of the army here I realise some of the stuff I've done and written are what they call "fully booted" over here. Like bloody hell I sure have so much variants of rifles and apparel that all do the same thing, maybe need to de clutter and be more practical than tacticool.

Still got lots to learn. I'll respond to you fellas if and when I get more time. In our current stage we are assessed at least twice every week ok something so we're on high stress at the moment preparing and not getting much free time. Please do report to me how 1.2 Is affecting my current mods so when I get back I know what to expect.

Also in this photo is "BIF" he is our section (squad) mascot. We have to make his bed and treat him like a section member cause the Corporal said so. BIF can never do PT cause he's always injured and basically our section commander says BIF stands for "bone idle fuck". We have to take pictures with BIF so it can go in an album.

I hope you see why priorities are set here, BIF needs us and we can't be jacking out on him. 6 more weeks for me to go assuming I don't get into any issues and I'll go buy me a new laptop to get back in the game and be on phase 2 training.

Lots of love, I'm going to bed or I'll die in the parade square

P.S. Rations (MREs) aren't as amazing as I thought they were even if they're free food. Got three vegetarian ones for two nights in a row and let me tell you lot, eating cold bean and pasta cause you have no time to clean a rifle and sort your life out in one hour every morning can make you question if you want to live or not.

Absolutely thinking about nerfing those ration moodlets now that I have to stick them down my throat

hauvega

Take care of your priorities first.  Real life is more important than this stuff.  Take care of yourself.   

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

daman2501

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on August 12, 2020, 06:01:48 PM
Hey all, just dropping by quickly. Unfortunately bleeding through army sleep time (still working these hours cause creases never disappear and boots are never shiny or clean enough). I have a drill test tomorrow I'm anxious to get over with and I earn my Regiment Beret tomorrow.

I understand 1.2 is out and as per usual some changes that make people unhappy and obviously, some broken mods. I have no access to my laptop (thankfully) cause if I did I'd probably end up failing courses here cause I'm spending too much time messing about. I'm not able to fix anything so you guys will have to wait unless someone is able to get things  sorted For my sheer number of mods.

While I've been here on my first excercise, with filthy hands, honking smell and little to no sleep awake on stag I realised maybe I should slow down on my time allocation on mods when I get back to them. Some planned factions are gonna get scrapped and I've decided to do things on my own steam. I still love RimWorld, though now I'm in training and is part of the army here I realise some of the stuff I've done and written are what they call "fully booted" over here. Like bloody hell I sure have so much variants of rifles and apparel that all do the same thing, maybe need to de clutter and be more practical than tacticool.

Still got lots to learn. I'll respond to you fellas if and when I get more time. In our current stage we are assessed at least twice every week ok something so we're on high stress at the moment preparing and not getting much free time. Please do report to me how 1.2 Is affecting my current mods so when I get back I know what to expect.

Also in this photo is "BIF" he is our section (squad) mascot. We have to make his bed and treat him like a section member cause the Corporal said so. BIF can never do PT cause he's always injured and basically our section commander says BIF stands for "bone idle fuck". We have to take pictures with BIF so it can go in an album.

I hope you see why priorities are set here, BIF needs us and we can't be jacking out on him. 6 more weeks for me to go assuming I don't get into any issues and I'll go buy me a new laptop to get back in the game and be on phase 2 training.

Lots of love, I'm going to bed or I'll die in the parade square

P.S. Rations (MREs) aren't as amazing as I thought they were even if they're free food. Got three vegetarian ones for two nights in a row and let me tell you lot, eating cold bean and pasta cause you have no time to clean a rifle and sort your life out in one hour every morning can make you question if you want to live or not.

Absolutely thinking about nerfing those ration moodlets now that I have to stick them down my throat

Hey man, glad to hear from you; Absolutely take it with calm, no need to rush; army life is tuff; so dont loose sleep over us.

I honestly fully support the idea of you declutering the mods, this maybe the way to you actually maintaining a small but meaningfull mod collection!
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!