[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. Been through the hardest times in my life so far. What makes it worse is we can't be visited by family because of COVID-19 so I haven't seen them.

I got back trooped, was on week 8. 3 weeks would've been our exercise Final Fling, which is an equivalent to the US Marines' Crucible exercise right before you pass and earn your place. I got marksman on our ACMT! (Annual Marksmanship Combat Test) 39/40 and go through exercise halfway. Was 3 nights and 4 days of what I can only describe as being very cold, very wet and suddenly very hot while being sleepy and filthy.

I've never been this mentally and physically exhausted before, not even after Tynan updated to B18 and I have to update all sorts of stuff (just joking) and then I got the bad news that I am getting sent back to week 5 for failing BCD (battlefield casualty drills). I'm gonna be in Pirbright a bit longer, and the mods will stay untouched by me even longer. I have to go through exercise Halfway again in 2 weeks and hopefully not have anymore issues. I have little to no time to respond to you all but I've read most of all your encouragements so thank you very much. I forget I have this other life now on the computer cause these mods don't matter inside a shell scrape (foxhole).

See you all later, please feel free to take over mod updates if you want, and I give you my thanks for being passionate with the mods if you do so.

nylem

Hiya CP.

Damn boy you finally got in! Congratulations! I've been away from Rimworld for a while and just coming back only to see your good news. You've been after this army career for so long so don't let your little setback bother you. Well done.

And I just want to say thanks for everything you did with modding. You made my games so much better and provided many enjoyable hours.

If you come back to modding again someday great but if not thanks for everything.

Have fun and take care.

Chicken Plucker

Hey all it's late Sunday in Pirbright. Meant to be sorting kit out and have everything ready by Monday. I have been procrastinating and eating lots of garbage. (not counting this milkshake cause the buckshee milkshakes are the best in the world, sorry US Army but we got you guys there.)
Been dealing with spiritual warfare as well as mental and physical. One of our lads got a laptop and he downloaded RimWorld cause of me. Still waiting for Tynan to send me a check for that advertisement.

Next week I'll be back at week 8. My second exercise Halfway Was easier cause I knew what I was doing, we got beasted anyway despite me doing most things right cause you will find yourself paying for other people's mistake since you are all a part of a team. Did really well on the admin in the field inspection and wasn't picked up for anything. Monday and the rest of the week we have ACMT again, I'm aiming for top shot or another marksman badge. Hope I get it.

My boys from the last platoon are passing out soon, I get sad seeing them but I'm happy at the same time cause they're my boys. Funny story about the milkshakes, I wrote a review in our scoff house (mess hall) about the milkshakes which read:

"Milkshakes are the best thing in ATC Pirbright. Please don't tell my PTI."

As a joke, it went unnoticed for a month. One backtroop and excercise halfway later, my old PTI sees it and he flipping sent a photo of the review in their staff chat so now every staff member in pirbright knows my name and knows what I wrote in that review. That PTI sent one of the recruits I knew to warn me saying "Tell Recruit (Chicken) that I'm gonna come to his new platoon's PT session and I'm gonna make him leopard crawl for a milkshake."

So yeah, let's just say I'm getting a free milkshake soon. I also get called "milkshake man" now every time someone from my old company sees me, it's scary how even people I don't know recognise me, bloody hell.

Hope I get back to modding soon, just 4 more weeks to go if things go well, which I pray they do.

Quote from: nylem on September 06, 2020, 10:38:16 AM
Hiya CP.

Damn boy you finally got in! Congratulations! I've been away from Rimworld for a while and just coming back only to see your good news. You've been after this army career for so long so don't let your little setback bother you. Well done.

And I just want to say thanks for everything you did with modding. You made my games so much better and provided many enjoyable hours.

If you come back to modding again someday great but if not thanks for everything.

Have fun and take care.

Thanks my friend, I do wanna come back and get on the old horse. I'm telling you lot now, I'm gonna nerf the oblivion out of those Ration packs cause I've had enough of them, eating them cold or hot I have to bloody resist my gag reflex to swallow those flipping vegetarian beans and sausages (non meat sausage, geugh). I don't understand how the US Military gets Oreos and pizza while we have beans on everything with some orange substance on every ration pack that makes everything taste the same.

Somebody bloody save me and send me papa johns please I beg you lot right now

Canute

Tasteable survival pack's that is dream of each soldier. Even astronauts got better tasting food on the ISS ! :-(

Rocket_Raccoon

Dunno, the french rcir ones and germa epa are quite ok, mre´s are a foodish nightmare to me  ;D

Good news to hear from you regarding training.

Canute

Maybe we should load a droppod full or EPA and RCIR and send it to CP's next training ! :-)

Chicken Plucker

Hey all, been a long time.

I got 40/40 on the ACMT on my second platoon. Got a second marksman badge. Passed my CBRN training, survived the Bayonet training where they just mess with you all day and beast you for no reason. For example a corporal was yelling at us to swap lockers with other sections within 10 minutes, layout all immaculate as if we were getting inspected by the CO, including our bedding. Let's just say we didn't get it done and we ended up doing a lot of running. Then we got to the bayonet range where we did more running followed by leopard crawling and scars.

Then comes week 11, just this week as of this post. Excercise Final Fling. Finally picked good ration packs, steak and dumplings, sausage casserole and fruit muesli. Wasn't hangin out on food this time cause it wasn't vegetarian. Finally stopped falling asleep on stag, we had a scenario where we were on a country called "Limeria" and basically even our section commanders didn't know what could happen most of the time since they were part of the actual excercise.

One night we were on stag and this wagon was driving around with no lights on near our harbour, we were so paranoid we told the other stag posts to stand by cause it just dropped by enemies. Nothing happened though, they attacked us instead in the day when we had nothing to do, all sleeping and resting. This woman in an insurgent outfit ran and jumped across two people on a shellscrape, ran to the middle of the harbour and started shooting people. "STAND TO! STAND TO!" And then it was chaos. All in all I'm happy we got through it. We did section attacks, I got yelled at a few times for failing to get on top of the hill el rapido m cause I'm flipping hangin' out (I promise you I wasn't mincing it, I was trying) and also failing to follow instructions first time around but the enemy died and we got sausages and bacon.

I'm gonna go to pass out parade Next week Thursday, go home Friday and have 10 days only till' phase 2 royal engineer training. I'm gonna have very little time to update guys, but hopefully I can grab a new laptop soon (old one is dying) and get working during phase 2. Been in a rough spot spiritually and mentally despite the successes. I've been over spending on stupid mobile games guys, cause I've used it as a way to deal with stress and it's really bad on my finance. I'll try to get over it soon.

I have plans to continue expanding on DOOM, and start with a "Bounty Hunters" faction. They will have Bounty Hunter set power armors from doom, they will be hostile. They'll have UAC weaponry too, just to imply that perhaps they're being sponsored by somebody wink wink.

Anyways, I'm late for breakfast. Just dropping this update so I can leave some good news. See you all on the outside!

Gotta clean up all the excercise kit and prepare my two shoes before leaving here

Rocket_Raccoon

Nice curtains you got there  ;D
How (much) does the  virus situation messes with army training?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 16, 2020, 07:06:48 AM
Nice curtains you got there  ;D
How (much) does the  virus situation messes with army training?

Couldn't see my family racoon, they weren't available for pass off parade. It is not so bad now since I'm home but during the whole training a part of me thought I'd never see them again. I also didn't get to go on a battlefield tour in Belgium and France. Basic Training was compacted into 12 weeks from 14 so we got rushed about more than usual. Things like gas chamber and obstacle course was banned (though we still went in a gas chamber, a Corporal had his own CS Gas pellets. he got in trouble for it but we got to inhale some lovely tear gas and I was hangin' out)

Anyways! I am home with only 8 days left. I have a lot of things to do and I'm unsure if I can update my mods in time. After that I'm off to phase 2 combat engineering folks. Hopefully I get what my mom is asking me to do by Sunday, which is clear out my room.

I'm seriously considering opening a Patreon now, something I was strongly against since I'm bloody hanging out on money and I'm irresponsible with it. That's probably all the more reason not to open one in my opinion. We shall see. I have a few things planned like a DOOM soundtrack mod that replaces vanilla music, and that bounty hunter faction.

For now first thing is first, but it surely isn't this:

Chicken Plucker

VOID - "A guilty conscience" update

# VOID now converts other faction bases into a VOID settlement overtime.
VOID is advancing their plans to cleanse the outer rim as you take your time to prepare. Will you stand against them before the time runs out?

# A VOID deserter is requesting to join your colony
The deserter, overcome with guilt for all the atrocities their faction has done in the name of "the greater good" decides to ask for your help. Beware, they are being hunted.

# A Nerotonin-8B stash appears 
One of your allied factions have spotted an incredibly valuable stash of Nerotonin-8B pills. Beware since they don't have much else information on who's guarding it..

Mods updated:
- T-45b Power Armor
- Portable Nerfed Generator
- Vegan Survival Meals
- Detailed Body Textures I
- JecsTools CQC and Glory Kill
- All of Urumi hair mods

Planned features for VOID:
- VOID Faction story development
I wish to make VOID more than "The OP Faction" that people wanna stomp on. I aim for them to have custom quests and more incidents.

Planned new creature:
"Black Leaper" (Based on the Volatile Leaper)

A terrifyingly large creature that can sustain large amounts of damage, it's tongue can penetrate almost every material known to man. It is a slow moving creature that twitches sporadically as if it's a supernatural entity as it moves forward.

The creature will be available in a "crashed conversion chamber incident" similar to a poison ship crash, the longer the conversion chamber is ignored the more the ground around it is poisoned.

Planned VOID ending:
- If you successfully defeat all VOID settlements, a planet killer weapon timer begins for 7 days and you have to destroy the weapon that is heavily guarded by VOID members and monsters. Once you destroy this planet killer weapon, they are defeated for good.. Or are they?

VOID Relations:
- Similar to royalty, VOID may develop a personal relationship with the player faction. "Pets" that will be tasked to destroy various settlements. Once only VOID and the player is left in the world map, VOID will offer the player to live with them in the stars as the outer rim is slowly converted into a private glitter world that only their faction may dwell in.

It is the world without war and suffering that VOID envisioned, at the ironic cost of so much death and destruction.

Chicken Plucker

[RH] Faction: Union Aerospace 1.2

- "Marine Raider" name incorrectly displaying for Elite Security pawns has been fixed.

Off to Gibraltar Barracks in a few hours. Gonna be a tougher training than Phase 1 guys, hope to see the end of this and just get to do my job. I found "Taranchuk" who is a good coder that does commissions, $10 and hour. Ods introduced me to him. I'm thinking of saving up some money just to get some good features working. A rework of the recruitment board for example, where you can customise the pawn's attire and appearance, though each option would cost you than taking a random pawn.

It'll be cool if it even happens. See you guys, hope I do well. I'll be praying for everyone.

hauvega

Work on mod
Break mod
Fix Mod
Break mod again

Chicken Plucker

(RH) Faction: VOID - "What lies beneath" update

- Conversion chamber incident added
- Black Leaper added
- Mod option to disable VOID Takeover incident added
- Description and custom sound for VOID Takeover incident added
- Combat Extended patch added for Black Leaper within this mod

Very big thanks to my commissioned coderboi Taranchuk for making these features possible.

Quote from: hauvega on October 25, 2020, 07:44:12 AM
Take care CP.

Thanks my friend

I'm still in Gibraltar Barracks. Picked my laptop up from home since we're allowed to go home weekends. As for whether or not we're allowed a laptop, maybe not until we pass inspections but I don't think the NCOs care so long as it doesn't take me away too much from work time.

I got this update out during the weekend, was a pain in the butt but here it is. Cheers all, have a good week. I hope I do cause I'm hangin' out.

EDIT:
Quick follow-up fixes:

- Mod option mistranslation error fixed
- Quest label mistranslation errors fixed

Chicken Plucker

Mamma Gus, the mother of all VOID members. She has been there ever since the days of its founding. She believes in stoicism, strength through overcoming adversity. Unfortunately all for the wrong reasons, since her main priority is taking over the outer rim with the rest of VOID behind her even if it means cutting down everyone in the way.

She has weekly scheduled events, based on VOID's history in Fairview for Top Survivor, where weekly games involving waves upon waves of difficulty would overcome even some of the best. Only the strongest would survive.

"Secronom Control Chip"

Upcoming update for VOID Faction features the Secronom Control Chip, able to override the mental capacity of Titans, Wraiths, Giant Spiders and Black Leapers to be on your side. A feature will also arrive where these creatures will have rapid healing, to help owning players spend less resources on medicine.

Planned VOID Ending:
VOID: "David and Goliath" Ending

Planetary Killer weapon activated:

• When all VOID settlements have been destroyed in the world map, a planetary killer weapon will activate
    An incident letter triggers which has a custom colour and sound effect.
    When the incident letter is opened, it will read a custom text
    The timer for the weapon is 7 days
    The planetary killer weapon quest will spawn in an ice sheet in the world map
    The base that spawns will be heavily defended by VOID members, having mechanoid turrets and mechanoid automortar rather than mini-turrets also.
    The planetary killer weapon "building" will be inside a plasteel building
    The building will have 9,000 HP
    The building will be powered by 10 vanometric cells
    This quest map will have VOID reinforcements every 2 hours
    Once the player destroys the building, VOID reinforcements cease
    Once the player destroys the building, the countdown disappears
    As long as the building is destroyed, the quest is complete

Glitterworld spaceship ending

• This quest activates once the VOID planetary killer weapon is destroyed within 2-4 days
    A custom quest with customisable description, for defeating VOID they are offered by a glitterworld government some refuge within their planet.
    This quest spawns near the player colony (customised spaceship event)
    There is no wait time to ready the engines, no raids during the waiting. The player can leave anytime they wish
    A custom soundtrack plays when this ending is activated, with custom text before the credits roll, similar to the normal ending

Credits to Taranchuk for making all these cool coding stuff possible!