[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

- Out of beta, tweaks to the scheduled events
- Day 7 more dangerous
- Day 6 more dangerous
- Day 1 has less good events

Behind the scenes stuff:

Improved Mamma Gus' design, adding more details based on the original VOID Reactive from Dead Frontier:

Credits to Gregg Taylor for the artwork and Neil Yates for the concept.

Used a stock photo of the most fitting appearance I could get for Mamma Gus, something about a person who has implants and augmentations made to their body despite being old enough to be your great grandma to try and transcend humanity.

Thinking of a cool trailer with Mr. Simon (VOID Storyteller) approaching Mamma Gus facing towards a window, overlooking the outer rimworld while he gives her the news that they're taking stronger resistance than expected. Then she says some cool villain stuff and decides to step in.

Too bad I don't have money or patience to animate these, neither the time cause we have obstacle course this week and a 5 mile tab. Hangin' out. Enjoy the mod.

Fun fact, Mamma Gus is a real person and she really was one of the people that ran VOID. She was the one who designed logos and animations for the clan, was also one of the top players in the Dead Frontier participating in the weekly "Top Survivor" competition/tournament. Her weekly schedule is based on that. Her character always wore a VOID mask or Dusk mask in Dead Frontier so I had to guesstimate what her avatar looks like. Don't know what she's up to these days, hope she doesn't have an issue with me making a mod based after her character in the game, wasn't the first time I put VOID in something.

Made an old youtube "movie" about dead frontier in 2015 and she thought it was cool, along with some VOID members despite it being incredibly silly and VOID being bad guys. Gonna stop blagging and get to bed soon.

Changed the title and mod.package name, thought it was more fitting so you will have to re-enable the mod.

Canute

QuoteFun fact, Mamma Gus is a real person and she really was one of the people that ran VOID.
Or maybe she is your current commander/CO ? :-)

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2020, 12:43:41 AM
QuoteFun fact, Mamma Gus is a real person and she really was one of the people that ran VOID.
Or maybe she is your current commander/CO ? :-)

We do have a female CO but she's not it. Stop following me Canute, they have the int corps watching you you know.

Updated the Mother Storyteller mod, forgot to sort out the description for her. That's all folks.

Tried to play with the mod and didn't last in day 6 with a cheated base, I don't know how you lot put up with my mods.

Chicken Plucker

Current work list:

- Finish Mamma Gus trailer
- VOID bug fixes for latest update to be implemented i.e.
* Allowing N-4 mutants to be tameable
* N-4 Mutants to be allowed in caravan trips
* Secronom control chip to be destroyed after use
* Compatibility with SOS2

* VOID world eater event, prevent the device from spawning in other events such as clusters
* Customizable texture for VOID ending event instead of bandit camp texture
* When ending event is failed, planet weapon killer countdown continues while the event area disappears from the map

Rimmu-Nation and Red Horse mods with "Utility" updates
* Update all backpacks and webbing to allow being worn on top of each other
- Currently finished for Rimmu-Nation Clothing and Task Force 141 faction (unreleased patches)

* Rimmu-Nation airstrike and grenade weapons to be a utility apparel now that can be carried by pawns while holding a normal weapon.
- Currently done for Rimmu-Nation Weapons (Unreleased update)

ETA:

I don't know. I've got 2 more weeks with Engineers and the exercise will be cheeky because I won't be able to feel my hands in the cold. Lets just hope I still have hands to make mods with. (If bridge building doesn't crush them)

Chicken Plucker

filsph M eq figsqi hiexl xli hiwxvsciv sj asvphw

V.O.I.D.
It's the end of the world as we know it.

I've attached the new model for all VOID settlements below. It goes without saying that when the new update arrives, the player will have a much harder time to destroy VOID.

Did a skirmish of a VOID settlement getting taken down by UAC and joint armistice forces.

I'd like to see how players come up with ways of taking down these bases without cheating, unfortunately my reinforcement system for military furniture doesn't work in non-player maps so it's gonna have to be braved by the player alone.

Current issues prevent me from releasing this as an update, which includes N-4 mutants not dying and infinitely being wounded, along with VOID settlements not spawning items in their stockpiles. Other than that a lot of things are coming together.

N-4 Hibernation Chamber
"A hibernation chamber for freshly converted N-4 infected subjects. It periodically awakens the creatures."

Secronom control chip
"A syringe which has the secronom control chip within. It detects the most extreme cases of Nerotonin-4 mutations and makes its way into the subject's brain to take control of its thought process."

? ? ?
"An ancient machine from an extinct race of men that plotted to become gods.

Having nearly achieved their goals, their very creation caused their own destruction. The device causes a planet's core to implode on itself, destroying all life within."

Once you have successfully defeated all VOID settlements, this event triggers in the world map.

Deceitfully says "0" enemies. Contained within this outpost is the device VOID will use to cause the world you live in to implode. If they can't have their glitterworld, nobody can.

After successfully defeating this and destroying the planetkiller weapon, VOID is out of the outer rim for good and you will trigger an AI that invites your community to escape via a ship that will spawn near your colony, and he will inform you that a glitterworld government has heard of your exploits and wishes to offer you safe haven in their world. Basically they think you're cool cause you beat VOID.

I am on exercise next week, gonna be the hardest assessment I will go through so far. 5 days in the field, have to dig fire trenches and set up barbed wire fences, reserve demolitions, build bridges and all kinds of crap from morning till' night along with doing sentry.

We have lost a lot of good lads due to injury getting back trooped, but I'm still here. Usually in the back during the runs. I didn't tell you guys but my troop here double times (runs) everywhere, they don't believe in marching cause they're engineers anyway and they can't march.

One day I told my section commander that I didn't think I could hack this course, and that I dreamt of joining airborne with P Company. He said to me "You don't tell me if you're not hacking it, I tell you if you're not hacking it." then he told me to sit down and wait, and he comes back to tell me that I'm gonna get sent to the airborne unit cause he just put my name down. To those of you who don't know, airborne is very tough and the things they make you do on those extreme heights just to test your mettle will make a lot of men's jewels shoot straight back up to their body to hide in fear.

I'm gonna get on with it and worry about these updates later.

Self note:
Side view claymore for rimmu-nation is facing the wrong way, need the update pushed
Dead man apparel not ignored for UAC faction power armors, need the update pushed
Next update sees VOID members with SOS2 compatibility
Next update needs VOID mutants to have weight for caravan trips

Special thanks to Taranchuk, making all these amazing features possible. If you're looking for a coder for your own mods with C#, he's your man. He charges hourly for $10, had a bill that added up since I've made him run around doing things since the beginning of my phase 2 course.

When I get my flash and stable belt next week, I get to clean up all the filth off my kit and go home for Christmas leave. Maybe I'll get to see you all then and finally get these updates out. Lots of love all, please take care of yourselves and God be with you in all that you do.

Canute

QuoteI'd like to see how players come up with ways of taking down these bases without cheating
Would you count the use of Rim of Magic as cheating ? :-)

Would be intresting to test a group of lvl 30+ monks against the settlement.

zmadz

world needs more CP mods, stay safe and gl with field exercise <3

Chicken Plucker

"When there is no more room in hell, the muffalos will make more room" - Goofy 2020

"Dusk Helmet"

Description: The Dusk Helmet is part of the Dusk set, worn by inner city champions who either won through clearing hundreds of thousands if not millions of N4 infected in a weekly "Top Survivor" competition or by defeating hundreds of fellow survivors in a "Top Killer" competition. Either means of getting this equipment meant a costly sacrifice that often lead to the winners' loss of sanity, being forced to kill their own friends in the hopes of receiving a prize that set the winners and their loved ones in the wasteland to never be hungry or unsheltered again.

"Vendetta Guard"

Description: VOID's modification of the Vengeance Guard, the only armor in Fairview that matched the VOID Reactive. It comes with a built-in jump pack and a laser weapon system. Appropriately named "Venedetta Guard" in memory of fallen VOID members, worn by those who are sent to avenge them. It is a limited series of armour created by VOID in an attempt to adapt against their growing list of highly advanced enemies, a significantly more powerful armor than their current standard issue reactives.

Adds less speed than the VOID reactive but offers more protection and offensive capabilities.

The Undying:

(Game is at x4 speed)

Senior VOID members. Those who give orders to the executives and elites. They aren't required to wear the uniform because they are set above others, having access to VOID's secret biological weapons. They are infected with a new strain of Nerotonin Type 4 virus, named Nerotonin-4b also known as "the cure for death". VOID has successfully isolated what causes subjects to seemingly rise from the grave, avoiding the horrible side effects and mutations of the original strain.

It is also rumoured that the Undying recover from wounds during combat, re-growing limbs and having the punching strength of a Titan.

Nerotonin Type 2 virus, an early strain of what helped develop N-8b pills are suggested to be the cause of these miraculous recoveries. And a rumoured new implant, which allows the subject's body to rapidly mimic a Titan variant's power.

The Undying are living manifestations of what VOID desires for the future, a world with no more need for medication and weak individuals that cannot protect their home world from foreign threats. Unfortunately a dream many would disagree with because VOID kills lots of innocent people that just wanna be left alone to milk muffalos and/or harvest the organs of their prisoners in peace.

Special thanks to: Taranchuk for coding all of these cool new stuff and Morgante for his texture work for the laser weapon UI:

Early Concepts:

Scarab Reactive

Dusk Reactive

Bio Reactive

Vengeance Guard

Hello all. Been having irregular sleep, procrastinating alot just resting and being very troubled. I passed the exercise and got my stable belt. It felt like hell and yet when I got home it was as though it was nothing. I'm back to same old with troubles.

I do wish I made more progress with mods and other things involving helping people but honestly I've been sat here and lying in my bed for weeks feeling sorry for myself and shaking in my boots for my upcoming time with Airborne in P Company. I am afraid of failing there and all kinds of stuff. I just really wish I would see greater changes in me before the new year. I haven't finished much for these mods, not even the planned Christmas video.

Anyways all, waiting for Taranchuk to patch a list of issues before the VOID update could come. Just taking the troubles away to prayer. It's really difficult for me because its easy to doubt God, but he never fails and that's all we have to remember.

Quote from: zmadz on December 09, 2020, 07:50:50 PM
world needs more CP mods, stay safe and gl with field exercise <3

Thank you my friend. Was far from safe and luck often failed me, God never did so he dragged me out of that exercise with a pass.

Quote from: Canute on December 06, 2020, 11:20:17 AM
QuoteI'd like to see how players come up with ways of taking down these bases without cheating
Would you count the use of Rim of Magic as cheating ? :-)

Would be intresting to test a group of lvl 30+ monks against the settlement.

Not at all Canute, cant possibly be as embarassing as seeing VOID super pawns drown to death in Mr. Streamer's Christmas video.

Chicken Plucker

So VOID has a new feature where I can generate a blueprint out of a player's base within a gamesave.

Blueprint can save the following:
- Placed minified objects like vanometric cells and infinite chem reactors
- Save items inside stockpiles and shelves

Base Building rules:
1. The base has to contain vanilla content only, other mods may cause incompatibilities for others
2. Don't make the base too big in case it lags someones game out too much
3. Don't blatantly set the turrets on where the players spawn for raids, cause as funny as it is, nobody will want to raid VOID anymore.
4. You CAN use mods to make the base i.e. Blueprints mod and Terraform mod, however modded furniture and items (except for VOID faction items) will disappear when other players load the base that don't have the mods, so please feel free to use mods while base building
5. Make sure base is in the middle of the map, if you place it up too far the settlement pawns will spawn outside the base

I recommend enabling the VOID faction mod while creating the base, maybe you can make a stash of Nerotonin-8b pills in the hospital of the base or voidtech bionic cache somewhere.

Below is what my suggestions are or what I feel would fit well with what the faction would want. Please do not feel obligated to follow all of these or any of these.

VOID's preferences:
- Blue lighting, very spooky cooky (not for the laboratories and hospitals though, can't see crap)
- Red lighting for power plant areas or outdoor turret defences. This is for friendlies. (if we have friendlies)
- Slate flooring, slate block furniture for prisons. Much sinister, very psychological warfare.
- Plasteel walls and furniture, royal carpets (Indigo) for VOID member rooms.
- Meeting tables with armchairs that use high end textiles (pantherfur is okay)
- Big turrets, uranium slug and etc. Have them cover each other in case enemies get close.
- Anti-grain traps to blow up voidtech stockpiles in case we get raided and the enemy gets their hands on our technology
- Outdoor chilling areas with high end textile armchairs with plantpots and tree shrine nearby
- Space ship parts neatly placed near the base.
- Non-square buildings and layouts, hexagonal shapes and etc. are more exotic
- Hydroponics, in case we have a desert or ice sheet base
- Vanometric technology, however other means of power is nice to see.
- Highly organized stockpile, separate items. I.E. They won't mix raw resources with medicine, weapons and resurrector mech serums lying around in the floor. Have artifacts, currency and raw resources hidden away in their own vault, warehouse or shelves like you're about to be inspected by a VOID executive with OCD that may or may not post you in an ice sheet world if he doesn't like how you're running the base.
- If you're gonna have a resurrector mech serum in the base, please keep it to a maximum of 1 and booby trap wherever you hide it in it's own little vault. You don't want players who are careless to get their hands on this technology
- If you want to put VOID Guard and Dusk helmets on the stockpile somewhere, I recommend a maximum of 1 pair.
- Nerotonin-2 and Nerotonin-4b virus to not spawn in VOID bases. This technology is only given to the senior VOID members.
- Failsafe wiring especially for defences in case enemies destroy or damage conduits.
- Don't worry about putting too much bedrooms, i.e. 20+ beds or huge barracks since usually only 12-24 VOID members spawn for bases.

I repeat, this list is for those who need ideas or want to know how VOID thinks for their bases.

Pretend you're now a VOID member and you're in charge of the layout of your own base. You wanna clear the planet of the player because they won't stop making human leather hats and you don't like them.

If you've finished, feel free to drop the gamesave here. Just a note that if you upload the base several months later or years later I may not be able to grab the base anymore to update for this faction.

Your created base will be used by the VOID Faction for their base generation and I will leave a credit for you in the mod description and about.xml.

Samples I've made:

Layout #1:
https://i.imgur.com/XBuJbFs.jpg

Layout #2:
https://i.imgur.com/Q5SZxMK.jpg

Chicken Plucker

Ran into a problem. Have to scrap ALL VOID bases I've made so far.

Why do you ask?

Loaded current bases on a non-Royalty DLC save and the bases broke and threw errors. Need to start over with my own style of furniture for VOID.

Hired billionaire playboy philanthropist JangoD'Soul and he came up with these epic results. Asked for more.

You almost forget VOID isn't just about viruses and weaponised zombies with bionics and crap seeing how they live.

Working on more implants:

For example, its called the "MoTL implant" which is actually in Dead Frontier. Aiming to just throw in more low-level yet high tech implants that boost damage resistance, speed and experience gain.

Finished working on:

"Mother"

Description: The N4 virus affected pregnant women in horrific ways. The most notable variant is the "Mother" where the unborn child is merged with the subject's body. The Mother explodes on death due to gas buildup in their bodies. The child produces a volatile acidic vomit that can catch unaware survivors off guard. This acid melts through most material known to man, though quickly dissipating.

"Volatile acid" projectile and mote texture:

Just waiting for bug fixes and textures so I can get on down to making the bases. I'm going back to camp at 3rd of Jan, I don't know what will happen from there. Still dreading airborne. Cheers all.

Chicken Plucker

Ah yes fellas, according to this graph I just spent my last week not sleeping very well and making little progress on mods but very quick progress in losing sanity. Going back to camp today, leaving you all with a beta test link for the new VOID update.

Existing issues:
- Buggy built-in laser weapon for Vengeance Guard Mk 2, needs more fixes
- Descriptions for new sets of implants haven't been touched up yet
- VOID monsters now flee when shot by turrets thanks to their new thinktree
- Currently VOID furniture aren't hidden from the player. They're meant to be. Only available in this beta upload.
- Credit Jango'DSoul for art
- Fix descriptions and nerf Mother's vomit
- Freaking stop getting game breaking bugs so I don't have to pay Taranchuk over $250
- Defeat VOID Ending, once you crush all their settlements and defeat the planetary killer weapon

Changes:
- New Undying and Head Hunter pawntypes.
- Exclusive VOID corporate/modern themed furniture
- Vengeance Guard Mk 2, with built-in jump pack and laser weapon system
- N4 creatures are not caravanable and tameable.
- VOID bases are now bigger and badder (currently the new base has low loot and weaker than normal defenses, this was due to me not sleeping trying to fix the darn thing from infinitely spawning stockpile items.)
- Low level VOID members now spawn with a minimum of 15-20 skill on non-combat other stats rather than 10-20

New Secronom control chip texture:

Secronom control chip: Can take control of N4 mutants under VOID, fully trained and ready for battle.

Nerotonin-2 virus: Rapidly heals negative health conditions.

Nerotonin-4b virus: Brings back dead pawns to life after 1 hour of in-game time.

Titan implant: (in-game description needs tweaking) Makes the user as resilient as Titans against small arms fire and allows the user to have the punching strength of a Titan.

And many more new low level implants.. The implants do minor things such as add 0.10 move speed (among other things) but they stack. VOID members also received some upgrades.

Some screenshots:

May run into these features during your time raiding VOID, that is if you choose to do so.

I warn you that this build of the mod is unstable and could potentially lead to gamesaves having problems, please take caution and only play with this beta version if you're that excited about it and don't mind the problems and issues. Mother needs her vomit nerfed, writing it here to remind me.

And no its not CE compatible anymore.

I gotta go, here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nuwcRInKDQeVx_upjDdoyDOO1mZpKDFV/view?usp=sharing

BETA DOWNLOAD

Chicken Plucker

Hey all. Back in camp, having a lockdown of a time. Not the kind where you get to sleep all day and gain weight, the locked inside a military base kind so consider yourselves more fortunate if you think you're losing your mind. Imagine having a mental breakdown in your room but you can't physically show it cause you're sharing the room with 2 other guys, then flippin' 1 lad walks in with a loud booming speaker playing some horrendous music, then 3 more lads walk in and show the other lads his pick up lines for some tinder girl wearing nothing but bikinis, then another guy walks in and- oh my days you know the rest.

Guys if you think pawns are unreasonable to complain about living in a barrack you need to fill their shoes alright

Anyway moving on to mindless complaining and mincing, her majesty is paying me for this so the least I can do is instead tell you how amazing it is to be in the British Army, eating three square meals a day and dreading the next time you'll meet a PTI.

I wanna talk about VOID. I'd love some feedback please. I know they were already overpowered but it seems Nerotonin-4b can get very annoying, maybe too annoying if you have 10 undying guys on screen who can titan punch everyone. I'm probably gonna remove Nerotonin-4b from the executives and Head Hunters. I am thinking on giving the Head Hunters sharpshooter weapons.

As for the armor, it really just needs the laser weapon to be fixed for NPCs, having automatic fire but a long cooldown. The amount of bugs being found is ramping up the cost of this mod, originally finished on a 150 USD budget and it bumped into 200+ territory with the bug fixes. I'm estimating 300 dollars over fixing the bugs of the armor which annoys the heck out of me cause the B3 pay isn't enough, I got bills to pay.

On the bright side we can get more than one mod out of these features, with the armor being able to be used for an Iron Man mod sometime soon, and the Praetor Suit getting some upgrades. Please give me some stories about you raiding the new base, what you think about the new pawntypes or bionics. Do you think the new bionics/implants need to be weaker or stronger? Are the bases enjoyable to raid or do they need more turret spam?

Lemme know. Stories on whether or not you like taking over the VOID bases to use as your own would be neato burrito too, but in the future I plan on more complex layouts, there was an unused laboratory building in there somewhere so that's coming in a bit. Everybody's waiting for the weekend.

Chicken Plucker

Much sad no feedback is given here, all of you break my heart.

Current plans:
- CE Patches where possible for VOID Faction
- VOID Scenario mod to be made separate (VOID won't be hostile to the player faction using this scenario)
- More base variation
- Whatever else updates I have to do for other mods
- Supplies for the player faction make a return in this scenario
- Maybe a personal reinforcement system to be added

BETA upload has been updated with something more up-to-date. I was asked why you can build the Voidtech power cells through a person in Discord without research (one of the only feedback I got), and I explained that this is a BETA version, none of these things will be available for the player. I'm gonna type less cause I'm tired and none of you talk to me anyway. (Except for Canute and everyone else, no backsies) No comms no bombs, socially distancing, 2 metres

Goodnight folks

Skynert

Hi! Glad that you are back and fine(? bad english) No feedback becouse Im not a fan of VOID faction. Actually I didn't notice the update. I wasn't expecting them because of your training. (Gods save the Queen) Now I'm back to RimWorld myself, and the only mods from you I have are Rimmunation, Elite Crew, and Military Furniture. They work great as always. Oh, and Get to the chopper. Its essential. keep warm and remember to drink tea. My tribesman died for it.

Wavy Neptune

Hi Chicken Plucker, I'm a huge fan of all of your mods but the void and doom mods never caught my attention. I'd love to give feedback but when there's other mods uploaded. Wonderful work so far and stay safe.<3