[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

14/02/21

Hello all, I am closing this thread after some years of working with these mods. I have thought about it, and decided maybe it's time to move on.

When I say move on I mean rebuild all the mods from the ground up, coding and texture wise even if it takes forever. If you're interested, please wait out on the new thread.

Description:
Project Red Horse, formerly a series of faction mods, now covers every mod I make that focuses on warfare. The intention of this mod is to add a sense of pride and accomplishment towards Rimworld through the use of lootc- I mean new combat based content, be it visually through new textures or in terms of new mechanics if I am able to receive C# coding assistance from various modders.

What exactly do I want with Project Red Horse?

- Minimize micro-management
+ Silver acquisition
+ Food
+ Casualty treatment
+ Training skills
+ Power
+ Colonist recruitment
+ Carrying capacity

- Equipment Expansion
+ Weapons
+ Armor
+ Apparel

- Faction Expansion
+ Difficult enemies
+ Helpful allies
+ Reinforcements in emergencies

- Quest acquisition
+ Mission board

- The long term goal
+ Up to the player, will their own war ever end?

Features successfully added as of 1.0:

- Backpacks (Rimmu-Nation: Clothing)

Description: Allows pawns to have more carrying capacity, useful for caravans.

C# work by: Jecrell

- Mission Board (Red Horse Furniture)

Description: Allows players to start their own operations, triggering in-game events at the cost of silver along with recruiting new colonists and "contractor" unit types.

C# work by: Albion

- Reinforcements call through communication devices (Red Horse Furniture)

Description: Allows players to call friendly factions for reinforcements, at the cost of silver there is the "QRF" option (Quick Reaction Force) that guarantees drop pods at the centre of the map, and there's the patrol version free of cost where the friendlies arrive by random means.

C# work by: Albion

Current mods in progress:
Rimmu-Nation - Weapons
Umbra Company - Faction
The US Military - Clothing/Faction mod

Project Red Horse Road Map:

Description: Here's the plan in my teeny tiny head on what's gonna happen, what needs to be done in the right order before moving on to what's next. In terms of importance, Phase 1 Alpha is up first, once these main mods are done the others are easy to follow.

Phase 1 Alpha
- Finish Rimmu-Nation Clothing
- Finish Rimmu-Nation Weapons
- Finish Chicken Mitchell Hairs
- Finish Red Horse Furniture

Phase 1 Bravo (Optional)
- Mod trailers

Phase 2
- Finish US Military Kit
- Finish British Military Kit
- Finish DOOM Kit and others

Phase 3 Alpha
- Faction Mods

Phase 3 Bravo (Optional)
- Mod trailers

Known Incompatabilities:

- Rimmu-Nation Weapons + Rimworld of Magic
Currently awaiting for the .dll stuff to be fixed by Jecrell. Hoping for the best innit mate. Cheers, see ya later.

Mods available to download: (pending full release)

Note: Please consider all B19 versions Unfinished, Unstable due to the fact that they are no longer supported. Many bugs present in B19 versions are fixed for 1.0.

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ENABLE THE NEW OUTFITS IN YOUR STOCKPILE AND APPAREL SETTINGS OR ELSE THE ANVIL CONTRACTORS WILL STRIP NAKED!

ANVIL contractors added for Red Horse Furniture

Orbital Traders for Rimmu-Nation arrive!

MSF arrives to provide an army to those who need them.

Task Force 141, re-instated and back in action.

Your hands and feet have never looked so tactical until now.
QuoteMod updated 17/08/2019
Task Force 141 Returns.

Features:
- Mod adds 15 new gloves, 15 new footwear and 1 tactical sock.

Other Mods Updated:
Chicken Mitchell Hairstyles
Rimmu-Nation Clothing/RNC: All Craftable

- Updated with new hairstyle, outfit and Rimmu-Nation: Clothing in compatibility with Gloves N' Boots

More details here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836963709
[/b]

Mods are compatible with Combat Extended Fast Track
(A much more up to date version of Combat Extended for third party mods)

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865597143
Off Steam: https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack

Chicken Plucker

Outdated Thread Opening:
Note: All statuses on progress of these factions are now on hold until I say otherwise, the statuses they have in this post does not reflect their current one since this is only here for reference as the old front page.

Goal:
Finish multiple faction mods to be released in Steam Workshop altogether. Mods with finished statuses will be uploaded here in Ludeon for early access.
(in my mod thread, link available in my signature!)

The factions created will be from various games, some are inspired original ideas. After Project Red Horse is finished, I will create the US Military and British Military factions so Rimworld will have more variety in terms of enemy or friendly groups to find within the world.

Hostile Factions Checklist:

Elite CrewFinished!

Umbra Company - Finished!

War Mongrels - Finished!

X.O.F.

Friendly Factions Checklist:

British ArmyFinished!

Royal Marines CommandoFinished!

U.K.S.F.Finished!

Diamond Dogs

Space Marines (DOOM: Factions)On hold

Task Force: 141Finished!

Task Force: STALKERFinished!

Union Aerospace (DOOM: Factions) - On hold

Wasteland Republic - On hold

Got bored of patching DOOM - Factions, went to start working on Task Force 141 instead.

Here are some sneaky peaky of unit types:

Robloxsina66

will the weapons and clothes Combat Extended be in Ludeon studios?

Slaugveng Moriar

all your series of the mods is outstanding. can do to add in their modach easter eggs e.g Orange King?

Chicken Plucker

New faction added:

Mod description:
After the events of [REDACTED], a rogue Lt. Gen. Shepherd was killed in action by Cpt. John "Soap" MacTavish and the Task Force 141 was disavowed.

All the remaining members of Task Force 141 are either eliminated or on the run.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on March 18, 2018, 09:47:00 PM
will the weapons and clothes Combat Extended be in Ludeon studios?

Hey there! What do you mean? Will my weapons and clothing be combat extended compatible?

If that is your question, the clothing are already CE compatible, but for weapons, someone else has made a steam patch (currently not up to date at my rate of updating)   :o

Quote from: Slaugveng Moriar on March 19, 2018, 06:03:50 AM
all your series of the mods is outstanding. can do to add in their modach easter eggs e.g Orange King?

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words, what is this you are talking about though, I looked up modach and the robots from Fallout turned up, is that what you meant? Also, what is the orange king?

Malinov

Hey man, great job on these mods, the graphics are just stellar! I'm especially curious about the Slavic faction you previewed a while ago (War Mongrels?), may I ask how far back they are on your priority list?  :)

SzQ

Your mods inspired me to try and create something by myself.
I learned alot from looking at your artwork.
Thank you for that Mr Plucker. Hope you keep producing this great apparel.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Malinov on March 19, 2018, 08:32:13 AM
Hey man, great job on these mods, the graphics are just stellar! I'm especially curious about the Slavic faction you previewed a while ago (War Mongrels?), may I ask how far back they are on your priority list?  :)

Not very far, they just have a few outfits need finishing and the faction coding, they're almost ready, but they need more work compared to the smaller factions like Task Force 141 and Elite Crew, because the War Mongrels need new tank textures and tank coding, being their UGVs are stronger than Umbra Company

Quote from: SzQ on March 19, 2018, 04:27:04 PM
Your mods inspired me to try and create something by myself.
I learned alot from looking at your artwork.
Thank you for that Mr Plucker. Hope you keep producing this great apparel.

Hey SzQ! I'm happy to hear that, if you ever need some of my assets and .psd files, I'd be more than happy to send and you can modify them as you like

Malinov

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on March 20, 2018, 11:34:38 AM
Not very far, they just have a few outfits need finishing and the faction coding, they're almost ready, but they need more work compared to the smaller factions like Task Force 141 and Elite Crew, because the War Mongrels need new tank textures and tank coding, being their UGVs are stronger than Umbra Company

Ah that's great to hear, keep up the good work!  ;D

Chicken Plucker

War Mongrels, sneaky peaky like

Leader outfit:

Normal units:

Spetsnaz units:

Sniper and recon units:

Hound units:

BTR-70 Re-used:

Note: Tank textures are frustratingly small, and the game limits it to be the size of the mechanoid sprites. I can only enlarge them in-game and risk pixelation.

More tanks coming soon, also there is a unit type that will call in airstrikes by playing "Serbia Strong" with an accordion, they will sport a Serbian brown beret.

Chicken Plucker

Unfinished tank textures (appearances may change)

Gonna get to sleep. Finishing up on War Mongrel textures by doing the tanks next, then I can do coding.

T-72 MBT

Will have a cannon with a wider blast radius and more damage than the M551 Sherridan, the T-72 will have more health and explosive resistance too.

BMP-3 IFV

The BMP-3 will also have more health and protection than the M551 Sherridan (scratch that, I'll think about it.), plans I have for this IFV is to equip it with a three burst cannon that does less damage than the Sherridan cannon, and a smaller blast radius for each shot.

BTR-70 for War Mongrels is now scrapped, I will use a different APC. I'm probably gonna go with BTR-80.

Chicken Plucker

All textures 100% done, made a new bench for slav gear, I honestly got stuck, couldn't think of what to make the bench look like or what to call it so I got lazy and will call it "Vodka Bench" just for cheeki jokes.

I picked the VAB APC for war mongrels. Coding will start for this new bench, and the new clothes, then finally finish up on the faction coding and for release.

Latest news on Umbra Company and how tanks will work, the tanks that fire HE shells will now be more accurate and deadly. Armors and health will be buffed so now it will be impractical to send infantry with rifles against tanks, you will need explosives.

Update not live yet.

Malinov

Glorious breekiness, gotta love the tracksuit dudes and the accordion pawn.

Chicken Plucker

New faction added:

Mod description:
War Mongrels or "собаки войны" are infamous for "ethnic cleansings". What started off as a small paramilitary group based in Eastern Europe, ended up as a world-wide problem.